Present Madness [SKZmas Day 10]

Ship Hyunjin x Seungmin

Present Wrapping

soft 

Hyunjin was stressed, it was now the 19th which meant it was less than a week till Christmas and he still hadn't found a present for Seungmin.

"That's not helpful Lix" Hyunjin sighed into his phone as he trudged around the city looking for different shops which could potentially have the perfect gift for Seungmin.

Felix, being one of Seungmin's closest friends, offered to help Hyunjin with the gift searching, however he seemed almost as clueless as Hyunjin when it came to finding a present for Seungmin. It wasn't that the boy was hard to shop for, he was fairly easy. However Hyunjin wanted to give his boyfriend something more special than a bog standard gift that anyone could buy the boy.

Felix had just suggested that he buy Seungmin a box of different sweets and chocolate, that was a very standard and boring gift, which made Hyunjin more frustrated. He stepped into a clothing store to see if he could find his boyfriend some new attire, it would be simple enough. He ended the call with his friend and began his search.

Despite it being 6 days till the big day, the store was fairly empty, a complete opposite to the busy streets filled with families on the search for shopping.

Glancing through the rack of clothes the tall boy did manage to pick out a few items, the first was a brown knitted sweater that was perfect for the cold weather that would surely continue through into January and the early weeks of February. Hyunjin could tell from the thick material that it would be perfect for Seungmin, especially as he knew the boy got cold often.

The next item he had picked up was a light blue shirt, even though Seungmin couldn't wear it right now, it was on sale, and would suit the sandy haired boy in the warmer weather. It also fit his style sense, smart casual with the occasional jumpers, joggers and more comfy clothes.

Happy with the first set of gifts Hyunjin went to pay and headed out to look for a few more things.

As he pushed his way through the crowds he spotted a jewellery store. This shop however was pretty packed, which wasn't a surprise as a lot of people gift accessories to their friends and family. He made his way to the ring section and within a few minutes he had already decided that getting Seungmin his birthstone on a ring would be cute. With a quick look searching up to make sure he got the right stone, Hyunjin picked out a thicker ring. Luckily he had shopped for rings for his boyfriend before and so knew the size.

"Hi! Can I get this in a size 19 please" Hyunjin pointed the ring out to the staff.

"Of course, would you like it gift wrapped?" She asked as she typed in the ring to the cash register and collected the right ring and size.

"Oh yes please, that would be great thanks" Hyunjin smiled gratefully as he swiped his card and paid, trying to not think about the price.

As much as it was still a great gift, it wasn't the perfect gift for Seungmin so he would have to search a bit more.

Re-entering the busy streets Hyunjin started to walk by the windows and started to just window shop rather than entering every single one he passed. As he was glancing into another shop window he felt his phone vibrate and start ringing.

'Minnie 💞'

"Hey Minnie!" Hyunjin smiled as he answered the phone.

"Hi, What time are you gonna be getting back? Felix asked if we wanted to meet up for food, but if you're going to be back soon we can go together!"