Shine bright (very bright) - minsung

Ship- Jisung X Minho
Magpie Hybrid Jisung
Established relationship
Canon complaint

‪ Jisung felt like he couldn't stop moving, his brain was itching to get his hand on something, anything to distract Jisung from the task at hand.He was suppose to be writing lyrics, but no, he couldn't focus he needed something to fiddle with to help keep himself on track. He needed something shiny, some metal just something.
The collection of rings on his fingers weren't helpful anymore, they were practically dead weight, their shininess seeming to dim each day. The boy needed something new.

He was currently in Minho's room, his boyfriend currently out at a dance practice for some MC stage. Jisung was patiently, read: impatiently, waiting for the boy to return so they could go on a date.

Jisung grinned at the thought of wearing a new ring on his growing set for their date. He was certain Minho would notice it immediately, he often played with Jisung's hand, running his fingers over his boyfriends hand whenever given the opportunity, he would be sure to notice if he got a new ring.

Jumping up and off the bed, Jisung clambered over to Minho's dresser. On top, the Magpie hybrid could already spot a few shiny things. A copper ring which gleamed just slightly in the light. A pair of necklaces that were tangled were silver but they weren't shiny and Jisung barely took a look at them before searching elsewhere.

If there was something shiny that Minho didn't want Jisung to find then it would be hidden, He was the only member to have caught onto Jisung's tendencies of stealing anything that shined, it started with the boy stealing a few of their new shiny spoons when the group split into two dorms. Jisung had eagerly helped unpack the kitchenware. All the others were totally unaware of the boy then shoving some of the cutlery down his pants and in the side of his shoe to take back to his own room.

Jisung vividly remembers Minho catching him trying to take down one of the sun catchers that was hanging in the front room that Felix had been gifted from his parents.
Jisung had nearly dropped the thing when he had spun around and saw Minho standing there, leaning across the doorway, arms crossed smirking.

But now, as Jisung pulled open the sock drawer, he was looking specifically for rings, well jewellery, but a pair of earrings wouldn't stop his itch, it wouldn't be something Minho would notice, well...maybe he would, but it isn't anything that impressive. Ironically he wanted to blow Minho's socks off, and so where better to hide something than in his sock drawer.

A few socks discarded on the ground, and another thrown somewhere elsewhere Jisung dug through looking for the secret treasure trove.
A few sweeps of the hand and then one of the rings on his finger bashed against a box. Sung beamed and clasped it around his hand, pulling out the velvet box, Jisung finally set eyes on the perfect new shiny ring to keep him company and stop his itch for just a bit longer.

Inside the box was a silver ring, and on top was a yellow topaz, squeaky clean and shining lightly as the sun reflected off the gem. There were two tiny diamonds on either side of the topaz.

Jisung slipped it onto his free finger, the ring finger on his right hand still had some room, perfect fit.

The boy let out a small laugh and jumped up and down lightly as he spun around and grabbed his notebook ready to do some more work. Ideas were flowing.

- - - —

"Sungie you ready?" Minho called as he sprayed on some of his cologne and grabbed his coat.

Jisung had quickly rushed to get ready in the bathroom attached to Minho's room as soon as the older boy got home. Minho had chuckled at the eagerness of his boyfriend.

"Ready!" Jisung smiled as he pushed open the bathroom door, bounding towards Minho giving him a soft kiss and linking their hands.

"Let's go Hyungie" Jisung smiled and pulled the boy along not waiting to call out to the members they were leaving, they'd be back at some point regardless.

Minho fondly smiled and let Jisung drag him along out the door and onto the street.
Letting out a small chuckle, Minho tugged on the boy's hands.

"Sungie slow down, no need to rush, did you want the date to end that fast?" Minho laughed as Jisung let out a small pout at being slowed down.

"Or did you just want to get to the fun part huh?" Minho smirked as he watched Jisung turn a dark red.

"No-no, the fun part is chatting with you an-and eating food-" Jisung stumbled over his words.

Minho smiled, "I'm kidding sungie of course that is the best part", Minho ran his thumb over Jisung's hand feeling the familiar rings lined up one by one, his mind subconsciously counting them.
Minho let out a small frown as he quickly realised Jisung had added to his collection.

Glancing down his eyes widening, "Ji, where did you find that?" Minho lifted up the boy's hand so the newest ring in his collection was at the hybrid's eye line.

"Oh I found it! In your sock draw, I was itching for something new and shiny and to be honest you don't have many shiny things, and so I had to search for something else" Jisung explained

"I-um- Sung" Minho choked on his own words, swallowing to somehow compose him.

"It was hidden there for a reason baby" Minho looked up from their linked hands, seeing if Jisung would even realise what he meant.

"Why! It's so pretty! You should wear it! Well actually, I would then want to steal it from you cause it's so shiny and pretty." Jisung nattered on not even realising what Minho was getting at.

"Sung, baby, it was for you, you weren't supposed to find it, why'd you think it was hidden?" Minho asked softly.

"Well I guess it would be a gift! But our anniversary isn't for ages so I don't know why you would get a pretty ring and -" Jisung suddenly stopped his eyes widening, "oh...my god, MINHO? YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!" Jisung basically shrieked at the boy, his hand tightening around Minho's, eyes becoming tearful.

"Nooo I'm sorry! I've ruined it for you,you were probably preparing something really nice,and now I've ruined it, even though it probably wasn't happening today, now I feel bad." Jisung pouted as he let his tears flow.
Minho could only assume it was a mix of happiness and sadness.

"Baby it's okay" Minho cooed and brought his hands up to cup Jisung's cheeks kissing him softly, "this I think was the perfect way for you to find it actually, because of course you'd be able to find anything Shiny, I've had it for over a month I'm surprised you didn't find it sooner." Minho chucked. He was now crying slightly.

"Well you kept it in your sock drawer Min, that wasn't well hidden." Jisung sniffled as he pulled his boyfriend into a hug.

"Well I wanted to blow your socks off" Minho joked and got a loud laugh in his ear.
"I thought that exactly when I found it." Jisung sniffed.

Minho pulled out the hug, keeping his boyfriend close.

"Well, Han Jisung, considering you haven't thrown the ring away after realising what it was, I feel like I may know my answer huh? But I'll ask anyways, will you marry me Han Jisung" Minho smiled as he watched Jisung nod over and over before pulling the older boy into a kiss.

"Can't wait to tell everyone I got engaged like a hundred metres away from the dorm, how boring" Jisung playfully rolled his eyes, wiping his tears.

"I guess I'll have to steal that off you and re-do it then" Minho playfully lunged forwards trying to grab the ring.

"You'll have to catch me and my shiny ring first!" Jisung ran off down the road laughing loudly into the starry night shining brightly above them, but not as shiny as the ring now glistening on his hand.