Seungjin X HyunIn ~ Protection

Love triangle between Hyunjin, Seungmin and Jeongin
ABO AU
Requested by - @hyuninisthebestship

————————-

"Leave him alone Minnie" Hyunjin pulled Seungmin away from the small omega who was in the corridor.

"He's so pathetic, how can they even let an omega come to the school" Seungmin scoffed and walked away angry.

Hyunjin sighed at his boyfriends behaviour and went down to the poor omega who was curled up by the lockers.

"Hey innie right?" Hyunjin asked quietly as he made his way towards the boy. He didn't know why he asked, he already knew the boys name.

Jeongin's head shot up and his eyes widened, why was he talking to an omega.
"Wh-why are you talking to me" Jeongin tried to shuffle away, "you're an alpha you shouldn't be talking to me"

Hyunjin's eyes softened at the soft boy, "I just want to make sure you are okay, seungmin isn't always the kindest and I noticed he picked in on you a lot" Hyunjin crouched down and sat next to the small boy.

Jeongin could smell the sweet strawberry scenery that emitted off Hyunjin, it was a very attractive smell and so it didn't surprise Jeongin why everyone was drawn towards the alpha.

"still..I'm an Omega you should just leave me alone" Jeongin said quickly as he was worried someone was going to come down the corridor and see Hyunjin talking to a mere omega like himself. He quickly stood and rushed down the corridor and to the class where he needed to be.

Hyunjin didn't get a chance to say anything else as the skittish omega rushed out of sight.

Sighing Hyunjin went to the library where he knew Seungmin would be. As he made his way down he could feel the stares boring into the back of his head, sometimes he really didn't like being an Alpha, especially one with a very strong fruitful smell. It attracted everyone whenever he went anywhere. At least Seungmin scared them away at least a bit.

As he reached the library he pushed open the door to be met with silence, a few heads popped up to scout out who had just entered but they didn't comment anything. Hyunjin walked straight to the desk he knew his boyfriend would be.  The same spot everyday without fail, tucked nearer to the corner and end of the library. It was pretty secluded and often the pair ended up sitting there a lot, and occasionally and more than they would ever admit they had a lot of heated make out sessions there. Because of the recent occurrence the air always lingered with the smell of strawberries and caramel.  

"Hey Minnie" Hyunjin smiled up to his boyfriend and gave him a quick kiss.

Seungmin smiled and looked back down to the work he currently working on. 

"When will you stop bullying Jeongin?" Hyunjin sighed as he took a seat across from Seungmin.

Seungmin looked up and folded his arms and leant back looking right towards Hyunjin,"When you stop having a crush on him" Seungmin smirked.

Hyunjin felt his face flush, he didn't realise it was that obvious. His literal boyfriend had noticed as well which definitely wasn't ideal. Hyunjin looked down to try and hide the blush. 

"I-I don't like him Seung, he's an acquaintance , besides i'm dating you"

Seungmin raised his eyebrows and began packing up his books in silence. He began walking away from Hyunjin before he stopped and turned back ," or am I dating YOU"

Hyunjin's jaw dropped. Did his boyfriend just admit that he knew Hyunjin had fallen out of love?

Hyunjin shook off the thought and decided to go grab his bag to leave school, luckily he didn't have anymore lessons.

The tall Alpha began to make his way down to his locker when he heard a distance chant of "fight, fight fight" Hyunjin rolled his eyes and went to see who it was, he wouldn't be surprised if it was Minho and Jisung. The two hated each other guts and always seemed to be fighting and causing a crowd. 

It wasn't until he heard someone shout Seungmin's name when he realised it wasn't the usual pair it was Seungmin..and.. 

Hyunjin easily pushed through the crowd and spotted Seungmin crouched over punching Jeongin. "leave. my. boyfriend. alone" Seungmin spoke in between each punch to the Youngers face. Seungmin was only a Beta but he definitely came across as an alpha when protecting the ones he loved. It was scary sometimes.

Seungmin grabbed Jeongin's shirt and oulled him up only to throw him back onto the ground. "you pathetic omega has made my boyfriend fall out of love with me.. i'm going to kill you"

At that point Hyunjin had heard enough, he roughly pulled Seungmin off Jeongin and attacked the Beta himself. "The hell seungmin?! it's not Jeongin's fault" Hyunjin pushed Seungmin to the ground and the boy hit his heard hardly on the lockers making him groan. "we are done.. I can't believe you"

Hyunjin rushed over to Jeongin who was shaking and curled into a ball. "Hey Innie, come on let's get you to the nurse" 

Jeongin barely spoke but Hyunjin noticed the small nod his gave. He quickly picked him up bride style and Jeongin's friend Felix was quick to grab his bag and follow along without a word.

As Hyunjin carried the whimpering omega in his arms a lot of students began pointing and whispering, well not whispering with hyunjin's sharp ears. Jeongin's furry ears curled in on themselves to try and not hear the chatter. 

Thankfully the fight broke out fairly near the nurses office and so they reached it quickly and without trouble. Felix opened up the door and Hyunjin set Jeongin down on the bed. Thankfully the nurse was in the room doing paperwork. 

As Hyunjin walked in she immediately spotted the omega in his arms and she rushed from her desk over to the patient. She gave a quick check over and could immediately tell that the boy had a broken nose, mostly likely a black eye and some bruised ribs.

The nurse had given Jeongin some painkillers which also made him sleepy and so the boy had drifted off to sleep. 

"umm.. It's not my place to say but Innie is really thankful for the times you've stopped Seungmin" Felix spoke up for the first time as he stood at the head of the bed as Hyunjin sat on the side of Jeongin. He had unconsciously held his hand and hadn't let go when the boy was whimpering as the nurse had patched up some cuts on his face.

Hyunjin smiled at Felix, "ahh it's okay, I think I should've broken up with him a while ago, especially when the bullying got worse"

Felix and Hyunjin sat and spoke for around an hour before Jeongin began to wake up again. 

"Innie!" Felix smiled as the boy came to. Jeongin first met eyes with Felix, "hey lix' 

Jeongin went to rub his eyes with one of his hands, but he felt weight on it and that was when he then noticed Hyunjin who was occupying the seat next to him. Jeongin bashfully smiled and felt his face heat up slightly.

Felix took the chance to slip out the room and head towards his locker to grab his bag and more importantly food.

Hyunjin gave Jeongin's hand a small squeeze," don't even think about saying thank you," Hyunjin began, "I should've stopped Seungmin ages ago but I thought he would soon stop on his own, but he didn't, you needed protecting and I didn't even step in" 

Jeongin gave Hyunjin a smile and spoke up, " as long as protect me now, that's all that matters" the omega said boldly.

Hyunjin looked at the boy with wide eyes but soon let out a chuckle ,"of course Innie" and he ruffled the boys hair.

A bright blush sat on both the boys cheeks but neither noticed as they were fondly smiling at each other and giggling lightly.

---------------------

Ahhh sorry this is so short! I wasn't too sure how to make it work, but I hoped you liked it :) It took me a while to update as I've been busy with online lessons starting again.

Remember Requests are always open!