Duties and Honour

The Soldiers of Sector V

Chapter 89 DUTIES AND HONOUR

Both AK and Wolf sit on the balcony on the second floor of the abandoned settlement. After the fighting in there she decided that she needed a rest. As for Wolf though he looked at here expecting her to get upset with him for killing RPK. However she knew that Wolf had not much of a choice there due to her sister was too far gone. He was apologetic about it as he clasped his hands together thinking about the times when RPK wasn't a person that wanted to harm others.

AK puts her hands on the cup of coffee that she made as she could feel its warmth as it seeps into her hands. She looked a bit tired after RPK tried to extract Riga again however it wasn't as bad as last time. But she worried for Wolf for having killed her sister she though in her mind that Wolf was afraid of what she would say to him after it. She could tell that it wasn't an easy choice to make for him but he looked a little bit relived.

Wolf was at least happy knowing that finally the killer had been brought justice but the war was far from over as the mastermind behind it all still pulled the strings while his minions defected or died around him. However Wolf wondered if the other DEFY members were fine knowing that he put an end to RPK's reign. However he wouldn't have to wait for long as a knock on the balcony door was heard as AN was there along with Angelia who was a bit injured but refused the medical care saying she'll be fine.

The two take a seat next to AK and stares at Wolf to find words to say to him, they were still a bit shell shocked from the whole ordeal but knowing it was a harder toll on Wolf for killing his comrades they couldn't blame him. However it wasn't just them that came through as 45 and 9 also wanted to join in on the conversation but seeing that the mood was a bit down they decided to lighten it up trying to shift the conversation to something better.

However the conversation managed to steer itself back on the road of truth and pain. As Angelia was the first person to tell Wolf something out of all of them together, since she wanted to tell Wolf what she saw in RPK's mind before she was fully taken over. The topic drew Wolfs attention as he listened intently.

Angelia: I saw.... Dar and a couple of scientists from the start of the war that we hunted down a long time ago who were trying to make bio weapons but they were dispatched... And I could se that RPK wanted a freedom that she knew I nor anyone could ever give her.

Wolf: I see.... she told me about that type of freedom... I'm sorry Angelia that it was the only option I could do. 

Angelia: Don't be sorry... You guys saved my life which because of RPK, she had her chance to repent but she didn't so don't feel so down about it.

Wolf: It's just I don't want to keep killing people I once knew... the families they had, the lives they lived only to be left with a body on the floor and a smoking gun chamber.

Angelia: That's what makes you different to some of the others.... especially the ones who are in special ops. You still have that humanity of wanting to spare a life which is a good trait to have.

AK 12: Also Wolf who is that guy who was with Light?

Wolf: Oh Burke... Well lets just say he decided to leave Sector V after losing a lot of his comrades like I did but decided he needed some time alone, however looks like he is back for good now.

AK 12: What makes you say that?

Wolf: Burke has always cared for his team deeply and seeing Astra, Asher and Iris it may of gave him some motivation to stay... however they have to be investigated. 

Angelia: They didn't kill anyone Wolf... the other rogue agents did.. me and AN can confirm.