The Search I

The Soldiers of Sector V

Chapter 53 THE SEARCH I

The helicopter passes a few of the abandoned cities as the combined forces base disappears from view. They were beginning to enter uncharted territory as if they were playing right into the enemies hands. Wolf hadn't gone on a solo mission like this in a long time, but with the others here, it would make it a bit easier and a lot less lonely. He looks to Ridge as he rubs his hands together, looking at his watch, but he can tell he was just as worried.

They don't know the rough location only the place where AK 15 was found to which Abigail was having a hard time believing that AK 15 was bedridden since she always knew that she was usually the last one to fall in a battle. For someone to do that had to be swift and sharp or.... she didn't entertain the idea since she trusted the others, however she looked to the others who felt like they had the same conclusion as her. 

They wait as the pilot tells them that it's 10mins before they reach the location. Ridge and Wolf discuss what they've got to lead on, but they come up empty-handed. With barley any information to go off on, they are shooting in the dark for answers. But they knew there was only so much guess until the hit the mark or lose the mark. With the only person being AK 15 who knew what happened they have no choice but to go into it blind as the helicopter begins to descend as the pilot gets out of his seat.

They ask them all if they want to continue going or if any of them want to return now but the nods and the looks on their faces were enough to tell the pilot that they were committed to the mission. They give one final goodbye while Ridge wished the pilot a safe trip back only to be given a thumbs up from the pilot who acknowledged the request.

And with that the pilot heads back into the helicopter and closes the door as the propellers begin to wind up again ready to fly back to base. It takes off the ground and turns back to base as it's light grew dimmer as it went further away. The four get their weapons ready and begin to make their advance into the city. Deep in enemy territory they keep an eye open as they approach slowly to the location where they were last seen. 

They could see some Sangvis Doll bodies and used shell casings but no evidence of their wear bouts. Wolf hold AK's necklace in his hand as he held it tightly as he looks to the ground. Wolf orders the team to fan out and look for anything that might lead them closer to their DEEFY counterparts.

Ridge: I'll investigate the building cause it looks like fighting had occurred in there.

Wolf: Alright then Abigail, Evans check the Doll bodies for markings, that would tell us who may of killed them if they were stabbed or shot.

Evans: Anything else captain?

Wolf: Leave the hunting to me.

POV Ridge

Ridge enters the old building that looked like a café with it's tables flipped, broken or thrown around the place. The glass cracked on the floor after each step as he could see multiple bullet casings littering the floor near the counter. He debunks that as a holding position as he sees a Doll strung over the table at the front and a few in the kitchen. He tries to piece together what could of went down.

Ridge: (Alright it looks like they attacked from the front first but after the first doll was defeated they decided to flank them from behind but they must of got jumped by them)

He enters the kitchen to see the markings on the walls from explosion residue and bullet holes that litter the entire place. The pots and pans are scattered across the floor as the Dolls lie there with their circuitry showing. He flips open the back of the Doll to see if he could access their memory chip but to his surprise it was missing. He knew by normal procedure each Doll would have recording software for spying and training processes.