A Foot Hold

The Soldiers of Sector V 

Chapter 48 A FOOT HOLD.

Everyone disperses from Anders Office as he and Wolf head down to the infirmary to talk to the Sakura Empire spies. Vestal stands and salutes Anders as he nods back as they make their way through the infirmary. With Anders back everyone was in more high spirits to see their leader return.  Everyone had missed Anders which he felt appreciated because of it to which Wolf could only laugh at his brothers thinking.

They go up the stairs and reach the rooms they were in. Anders fixes up his tie and hat as he walks on inside to be met with Sheffield and Edinburgh in their beds as they look at him weakly. They had tears of joy and happiness that he had returned He thanks them for being worried as Edinburgh gave him a face that she needed a hug but for Shevi she doesn't blame Anders for not being there for them thanking Wolf that they managed to come back in one piece.

Anders wanted to know the story of what happened on the mission to which they nod to his request as they explain away, they confirmed their fears that there was really a Project Orochi being constructed under the Sakura Empire. They gave him the details of it's weapons and size but couldn't identify the armour characteristics. Anders gives a concerned face to the two as they continue to explain what happened.

They thought they had got out quietly but unfortunately the two fox sisters found them first forcing them to escape with what they had. They tell him about the abandoned city that they were backed in the corner at with no hope of surviving but thankfully the Grey Ghost swooped in to save them.

Sheffield gives Wolf a nod of appreciation which he nods back as well. She tries to reach for her bag but the injuries made it hard to. Wolf could see her struggling so he grabbed it for her and gave it to her. She takes out a couple of photos and hands them to Anders as he looks through them. They were pictures of the Orochi and some of the enemies weapons and also a picture of a stranger to them but Montana identified who that was and so did O-H.

Montana/O-H: Yamato.

Anders: You guys know her?

Montana: Yeah we do... she was one of the guys trying to stop the fighting between the super ships but she couldn't stop it as they continued to fight until she had to pick a side.

O-H: Just like you guys with your sister, it's similar to us as we treated her like one but after we fought against each other that was redundant.

They continued to talk about missions but Anders explained that they were off duty for a while till they got better, Sheffield tried to object but Anders made it quite clear which they nod. Anders and Wolf take the photos and leave the room as they head towards the next people of questioning.

The Sakura girls.

Wolf: Anders what's the plan if they launch Orochi?

Anders: I don't know.... I'm not even sure why they are using it or trying to do.

Wolf: I guess we will have to look out... cause if we managed to pull a forcefield generator out of one of the ships we have to be careful.

Anders: Did you ever manage to get it to work?

Wolf: Um no... Reno tried and so did Tirpitz and Heinrich but they just couldn't get it to work.

They continue to walk to the old Sakura dorms and could see a lot of boxes in the lobby as the sound of a vacuum could be heard down the hall. Anders and Wolf walk past the boxes as they make their way to the noise. It was going smoothly as a thud could be heard as Anders turns around and sees his brother on the floor. A girl comes out to check on Wolf but upon seeing Anders she was frozen like a statue.