Old Ties

The Soldiers of Sector V

CHAPTER 44 OLD TIES

The phone rings as the others look at it as Wolf moves away and picks up the phone. He wasn't sure as to why Evans was calling but as soon as he begins to explain it adds up. It had been a bit but Evans wanted to visit Liz and Ross's son Noah. Wolf didn't mind but he was worried about what she would say to him if she seen him again. He had no idea if she was going to blame him for all the things that happened to Ross and the rest of Sector V but it escapes him.

He wanted to at least deliver the letter to her along with some belongings. At first he wanted to give it to someone else to send it but he considered that this was the golden opportunity to see her in person whether it is a smile or a look of disgust. They decide to use the motorbikes that the military had lying around so they decide to meet up at Liz's place. The call ends as Wolf slides the phone into his pocket, he takes the letter that he has preciously kept on him for a while as he looks at it.  Wolf was guessing the letter was a back at home letter to Liz when Ross was off on a operation.

The sound of a curious AK pries into Wolf wondering who he was talking to but as soon as she seen the name Evans on the phone of Wolf it was enough to tell her who he was exactly talking to. But before she could ask where he was going he had guessed that she would ask the question so he tells her that he is going to a personal place but she manages to guess that he was going to Ross's house which stops him in his tracks.

He loved this part of AK but also despised it since some things he wished were kept private but they were not. Thankfully AK could understand the privacy of the meeting so she lets him go giving him a goodbye kiss in the process as the two Iris boats look at them, it was a nice bond the two had with Wolf and AK let go of each other and he waves his goodbyes before exiting the garden.

Wolf had a nagging feeling that couldn't leave him after the betrayal when it came to Ross. He was worried that Liz may not want him near her let alone her child. To her he could be still a murderous traitor who got her husband killed, it was a sinking feeling of dread that continues to eat away at him.

He walks past some of the girls that wave at him and Sector V soldiers giving their salutes. He could see Ridge and AN walking through the street as he went past. He would have said hello but he had a motorbike to ride. He reaches the empty car lot as the sun shines above as he walks to his motorbike as he here's one turn on in front of him. 

Wolf: Hey Evans.

Evans:
Hey, ready to go partner?

Wolf: I think I am but it's just...

Evans: Don't worry Wolf she won't blame you and you know that.

Wolf: Alright then.

Evans: Lead the way Wolf.

Wolf and Evans put on their googles as they accelerate driving through the roads as the sun rays shine above them with the wind blowing on their face as the drive through the streets. The two begin to enter a quiet street as their engines disrupt the silence. The area was lucky to not be attacked by the Sangvis Ferri thanks to the combined forces efforts, but the tides of war are always changing with cities falling under Sangvis control.

Evans gives the place a close look and was surprised with how intact it still was thanks to the efforts of the Sector V units that the place hasn't been touched besides a few artillery craters. The two reach the address that Wolf remembers and could feel a sense of Nostalgia when he helped Ross and Liz move into their new place. He could still see the swing he and Ross installed for his child. 

It was the place that they needed to go to, they turn off their motorbikes as they walk to the entrance of the house. Wolf was wondering what to say to Liz when she opened the door but he couldn't think for long as the door begun to open in front of them. A women with a leather jacket, jet black hair and amethyst coloured eyes that stare at the two with suspicion. Her ripped jeans and her hand on her hip was enough to tell the two that she wanted to know who they are.