Repairs and Stitches

The Soldiers of Sector V

CHAPTER 21 REPAIRS AND STITCHES

She couldn't believe what Riga had told her, she did know all about it but Wolf told her not to. AK had a feeling that was the answer but it was more complicated than that. Riga tells her that Anders was the first to know then, Matthews then Ridge. AK begins to tear up as Enterprise consoles her. "AK he doesn't hate you cause if he did then he would of not allowed Anders to let you join the team." But it didn't help, she could only think that there was nothing she could do to convince him.

AK 12 could remember back to her injuring him and calling him stuff making him feel horrible. She had become better than she was before but it was irreparable damage that Wolf had suffered that she knew wasn't simple to fix. Davis tells the others that they should keep the identity secret but Cleveland wanted to move on about what they saw. "It was an Overdrive mode" Riga tells them.

It was an unknown thing that requires a lot of skill to activate and control, If used wrong the user will die however energy consumption can also kill them to if not managed. However the events today told them that it was needed more than ever.

Davis: So it works like a temporary upgrade?

Riga: Correct you can get those upgrades but how ever you get them I honestly cannot tell you cause even I don't know.

Enterprise: It looks like for Wolf it was the massive injuries that Anders suffered making him look dead and the destruction that the Sakura Empire girls did to the base and the others it made him go on a rampage.

Cleveland: What's going to happen to Azur Lane?

Enterprise: Well first things first is to clean up debris and repair and rebuild the place.

No missions will be carried out due to too many injured people and high base damage so the best missions they would get is base patrol and repair duty. As they chat Vestal opens the door with everyone eager to see if Wolf and Anders was ok. However it wasn't fully good news, Ohio made it but Anders is now in a coma with no sign of waking up. They ask if they could visit but he was asleep. Everyone looks to AK as she looks at them.

Davis goes off since he was going to help with the recovery as did the rest leaving AK to fix the broken ties she had with Wolf. She follows Vestal to Ohio's room, the base was indebted to Anders and Ohio but it was a bittersweet victory. After finding out from Tirpitz and Heinrich about Kurfurst's actions it is now a battle against time before Kurfurst gets his plan in motion once again.

AK walks through the halls of the infirmary and sees people being rushed back and forth while some people are cleaning up the debris that is on the floor. Vestal opens the door to Ohio's room and allows her to go inside. She thanks Vestal as the door closes leaving her and Wolf alone together. The AC blows cool air as his hair waves around due to it. AK 12 takes a seat on the chair next to the bed and looks at him.

AK 12: Well this is awkward.

AK 12 puts her hand around Wolfs hand as he slept and held it.

AK 12: Rough... from countless years of training and hard work isn't it?

She holds his head as he sleeps peacefully as she tears up a bit

She apologises to him while he sleeps, she spills everything that she wished she had believed him, Comforted him when he was in his darkest hours however she didn't, a regret that has been with her ever since then. She admits that she was lost without him but the USB he gave and the message kept her going all this time. As she finishes spilling the beans the sound of a feint voice could be heard as it gets louder and louder.