Unlikely Allies

The Soldiers of Sector V

Chapter 63 UNLIKELY ALLIES

The team was divided with each other, with one side siding with the captains standing in front of those wanting to take his life again just like they did before. And the others who couldn't believe the dark truth before them and want to extinguish his light that glows a tainted flame of half Siren and human. They trusted him as captain before but after the truth revealed they have been evermore distant.

They were still on mission but they worried about it more than the lives at stake in the mission itself as Aquila sits in the bridge with Wolf as he continues to stare into the vast ocean that lays before his ship. Aquila knew that that scale between Wolf as an enemy and as a ally will shift to enemy eventually once the news comes out that he is a half Siren and worries that he will be banished or worse killed but she knew if he was he wasn't going to go down without fighting.

If the stories were true about him fighting one of the Empress's Arbiters and Elite Sirens and defeating them then his power shouldn't be taken lightly. She couldn't understand why they would want to kill him after all the things he has done to help the rest. It was like they only were with him for his power and abilities.

Aquila: Wolf do you think they are going to tell the rest?

Wolf:..... Yeah....

Aquila: What will you do then?

Wolf: Talk them out of fighting me if they will, if they hate me then well normal day at the office, but if they do choose to fight me... then they will leave me no option but to fight. It will take the whole of Azur Lane to bring me down if that's what they plan to do.

Aquila: I see Azur Lane hasn't really changed.

Wolf: Not really... and now my trust issues have sprung back up again. We can't be having this when we are at war.

Aquila: No your right absolutely.

O-H interjected since he had a question for Aquila who was happy to answer. It was a quick question but he wanted to know about the Iron Blood ship. The first question about it was if the ship was fast to which Aquila nods to since it out speed Littorio and some of the cruisers, The next question was if the ship had 2 barrels or three to which it was doubles. O-H had an idea but it would be confusing if it were true to him. But before he could give them the name of the boat Helena yells out the words "Captain!".

A yell could be heard from the radio sitting on the table. He rushes over and picks it up ready to hear what Helena had to say but before he does the sound of shells hit the side of his ship in an explosive hit as Aquila and him grab on. The guns turn to the target with a large roar they fire off into the ocean. The two run out with a pair of binoculars as Wolf looks to the distance to see some ships that belonged to Iron Blood.

The girls fire in return exchanging shots at every passing second with shells zipping through the air towards it's intended targets. Some splash while some hit with moderate damage. Helena and Cleveland go into rigging mode and evade the incoming shells. AK, KGV, Zuikaku charge forth with their blades as the Iron Blood ships do the same.

BP stayed near the captain but Wolf didn't want to stay close as he turns to rigging mode catching Aquila as she looks to the Iron Blood boats. She holds her hand out pointing towards her target, The whirls of her already damaged stricken aircraft whirl towards impending death. Wolf holds onto Aquila but decides to bring her back to Shoukaku who takes her in leaving Wolf to what he does best.

Blowing things up

Wolf: Missiles away!

Helena: They are pushing back!

Cleveland: Were they testing us?