Desire

A single rumor had spread quickly through the halls of the school and due to the magic academy being of such prestine value they had anounced a special event. A grandball where each of the students would be wearing a formal dress, of course one which would fit the strict criteria given to this event.

Not only was this event a must to attend to, it also was one of Ranoa's most important. Nobles, wizards and Military generals from the entire region would come to seek for future court mages, possible spouses and Elite Swordmanship.

In the quaint town of Ranoa, nestled between rolling hills and enchanted forests the students of the academy went into a frenzy going between clothing shop to clothing shop. "Hey Y/n what do you think of this one?" Rudeus asked presenting himself in an ocher colored suit with white pants. On the chest the jacket had frils covering the middle section. The end of the he sleeves were covered in intricate golden colored paterns. "Not bad, it suits you quite well." Y/n replied impressed. He turned around revealing a red ball suit. Unfortunately their efforts were in vain due to Zanoba, a friend of Rudeus telling them they had to wear military gala uniforms, the color would be chosen by a selected group of fashion designers which had been invited to the academy.

Not only that but the colors would be fit to couples, the only thing allowed for the students was to decide who they wanted to be with at the ball and a selection between the design they were allowed to have. Uniformity was only partly important.

The males of the academy weren't the only ones subjected to these strict rules as in the same street a group of five friends gathered for a day of laughter and exploration. Elsie, with her fiery red hair and adventurous spirit, led the way as they strolled through the cobblestone streets. Elinalise, the graceful and elegant one, walked by her side, her white and red school uniform getting sneaky stares by passerbys. Not that she wouldn't notice Ariel, with her mischievous grin and sparkling blue eyes, skipped ahead, her enthusiasm infectious. They searched for something they could wear. "Princess Ariel I'm informing you that it is pointless to buy a dress, you will have one taylor made from the school." Juliet stated and tried to stop the princess. A light giggle escaped Elsie, she covered her mouth. "Well maybe princess Ariel doesn't have a dress in mind but something else?" She leaned over to the blonde who looked at her innocently. "What do you mean?" She tilted her head to the side.

"Oh don't give me that?" The fiery redhead waved her hand in disbelief. Elinalise walked along watching this unfold in amusement. "My, my. Are the lot of you that innocent and Elsie, I didn't think you'd be so bold." She stated and noticed all of them standing still. Rolling her eyes Elinalise decided to finaly ask it. "Tell me, do some of you have a crush?" She asked boldly and laughed mentaly at the quickly reddening faces. None of them were left with pale skin, but blushes and nervous looks.

The Elven blonde laughed. "As I thought, and none of you did anything if you react this way, meaning you all are indeed innocent Virgins and I'm the only one who has ever slept with a man." She replied amused and Elsie gave her a cheeky grin. "I wouldn't pride me on that when you did it with more people then an academy has students." She replied leaving Elinalise with an open mouth.

Princess Ariel went in between them. "Ladies stop this please, Elinalise, you are right I thought of buying something more then just a dress. I'm searching for something special" Ariel stated and pointed to the nearby street. Curiousity caught the girls and they followed the princess like ducklings their mother.

As they approached the market square, the stalls brimmed with magical trinkets and whimsical wares. Juliet, the cheery and lively one, marveled at the colorful displays, while Heine, the quiet friend with a penchant for magic, examined a dusty tome at a vendor's stand.

Elinalise, ever the instigator of mischiev, spotted a boutique adorned with silken fabrics and lacy undergarments. "Ladies, I propose a diversion from the ordinary! Let's explore the mysteries of this lingerie boutique and find garments befitting our dresses for the grand ball!"