Tower

Y/n Pov

Ranoa magic academy. It was beautiful to look at but being here and slowly waking up to the morning rays of the sun was something else. I turned over noticing the large bed being empty. "Rose did you fall off again?" I asked drowsily and all I heard was a meow coming from bellow the bed. "I'm just happy she isn't running around in the room at three in the morning like most cats.

I slowly stood up and began to get dressed in my school uniform, I couldn't wait to see Irene in it. Just the thought of it was making me nervous. Would she look the same as in the clothes she showed me at her home?

"Come on Rose, its time to head out and get breakfast." I picked her up as she was still sleeping. Rose let out a light groan, whining that she was woken up. "Do we realy have to?" She asked and I pat her lightly. "Yes we do Rose." I replied and closed the door behind me.

Elinalise told me the school allowed students to eat breakfast when they wanted and all the mandatory school hours would be at afternoon, we had the morning for us and could go to the lessons too if we wanted. "Good Morning Y/n." Rudeus exlcaimed. "Good morning Rudeus. Thanks again for last night, you realy helped a lot." I stated and he brushed with his hand over the back of his hair. "Don't mention it, Elinalise can be a bit difficult to deal with." He replied awkwardly.

We exited the Dormitory and got to the large courtyard of the academy with a fountaine in the middle. That's when I noticed someone on the other side, her. That scarlet hair that, she wasn't alone either, she was in company of, Juliet, Heine, Elinalise and another blonde girl with another guy and the person Rudeus had fought yesterday. 

She looked over to me smiling gently. She was wearing, a white and red school uniform. A white cropped blouse, a red skirt going down to just the middle of her thighs and thigh high white socks. with black leather shoes. Her hair was let lose with two bangs being lightly curled, framing her face.

"Good Morning Y/n." She chimmed looking at me happily. "God Morning Elsie-san." I replied and she stoped for a moment looking lost. "Y/n there is a problem." She stated and pulled me to the side.

She looked uneasy to say the least. "My dragon slaying magic, its gone." She whispered and I gave her a dumbstruck look. "No that can't be. How?" I asked and she shrugged in defeat. "I don't know but you need to help me." She replied and then slouched down.

"Without it I'm nothing." She sniffled. I clenched my hand not knowing what to do. When someone feels down you would usualy hug them to make them feel better. I pulled her closer making her head hit my chest. She let out a silent gasp of surprise. "Listen Elsie, we will find a way, just stay calm and stay by my side, okay." I replied and she nodded. I could feel the warmth emiting from her body. Her expression changed after a few seconds. "But I want to become stronger too, I can't let myself be protected by you constantly Y/n." She retorded and then let go. 

"That one week we traveled I let you take care of everything we had to do because I had to do research, now its my time to show just how strong I can be." She put up her hand into a fist. "I'm no damsel in distress."

. . .

The class I was in was rather strange, I looked around and noticed two Beast race human girls. Behind us and next to us were Rudeus and Elinalise. "What you looking at." One with cat ears asked annoyed with her legs on the desk. "Let him be , he probably never saw beast race humans." A girl with dog like ears replied, boredly munching on meat.

I turned to them fully. "Actualy I've never seen beings like you." I stated and the cat girl gave me an annoyed look now you have, or do you want to fight too, meow." She replied and I chuckled amused. Elsie got enough of it and stood up facing her. "He accepts your fight, you better pack in something to treat your wounds or else you kitty will be hurt." She chuckled giving her a mocking grin. "Oh I will and I will whop your arogant ass too." She roared glaring at her.