Conference and complications

9AM in Dragnof meant for the common people that work was already going on since 7 in the morning, for a few others on the other hand work never ends or there is just a little time in between called sleep, even if they stand up later then others. One such person was Y/n as he took up the majority of the work for the kingdom, helping his two wives to not overwork and put unnecessary stress on the unborn babies.

A hefty sigh escaped his lips while he walked to the doors of the conference room. "I'm really surprised these idiots in there didn't stab each other in the back already, they say one thing while doing the other and I have to fix their stupidity afterwards." He groaned but was stopped by a hand belonging to Erza that she placed on his shoulder. "Y/n, remember we are there with you in the hearings of the house of commons, they give their ideas and concerns then we have to talk about them. Its not for nothing that this political system is deemed one of the best, a full democracy without a clear long living leader cannot last and does damage we do not know of in the long run." Erza spoke slowly and Irene next to her nodded happily.

Irene smiled pleased while she was walking along them. "I see that you've been reading the book I gave you, giving the power to the people might be a good idea at the begin but having a shift in political power every few years doesn't mean it will always work out well. If one party is failing the next can come and fix the problem of the one before, it doesn't work that well when you have someone who destroys your country before you and you are left with fixing his damage while everyone thinks you did it. It's flawed in the end and that's why there should always be a primary leader who's looking at the whole instead of just the 4 years he has, this is one of the reasons democracies don't work out that well in the long run. You cannot have long term goals if every 4 years someone else is in power. Their ideas will always sway from the other party's." Irene spoke and counted something on her hands. "I can count on my fingers how many countries failed that way and ended up with monarchy again." She added with a deep sigh.

Y/n looked at the door and opened it, revealing the dozen officials sitting around the table and the three empty seats at the top of it. The three seats represented the family, the strongest bond there can be, traditionaly Dragnof it is composed by the father the mother and the child, in the current royal family it is two mothers and a father.

The men all stood up and bowed as they noticed the royal family enter the room. Their faces were more then tense as they knew of the power in the hands of the three mages. Even tough Irene and Erza had quite the developed pregnancy they could still pack a punch with teir magic. "Welcome your highness, we are already talking about what we need to do in order to make the life of the citizens better." The bank owner said. 

Y/n raised his hand making everyone flinch. "That's enough out of your mouth." He spoke harshly while sitting down while Irene and Erza took their respective seats next to him. "As you all know my wife decided to give me the primary power as the ruler of Dragnof, which does not mean much more then before but I'm now the head of this and all questions regarding our futures kingdom have to be addressed to me. Is there anyone who's against it." He asked and everyone shook their heads. His eyes went over each of the men while keeping a stoic face. "Good now as first I'd like to discuss the possibility of a war with neighboring kingdoms, as you might have noticed Irene had refitted every guard in the city with the kingdoms original military garb and the palace guards got their own one, the weapons are also from the dragon war which took place 400 years ago." He said and general Balius then rasped. "My lord, our troops are not enough to withstand an all out attack from one of the kingdoms, that is if we only count our current soldiers, if I can make a suggestion then we should get in more soldiers." He said and Y/n was silent.

"What do you think Irene, I mean we should seriously increase the number of our soldiers, a few thousand aren't going to hold and entire army of  several thousand to even 100 thousand." He said and Irene then shrugged. "You are the first in command now, I'm just your wife who's job is to bare your child, but I'm also ready to give ideas if needed." Shee said and then Erza let out a sigh. "She means that you have to think Y/n, when you weren't listening she said to me to not help you on this one as you have to do it on your own." Erza spoke and then grabbed his hand gently while the other went to her quite large belly. "Remember you said we should concentrate on our babies and leave the worries to you." She smiled happily.