A Royal working day

Y/n Pov

Two months passed since we became the rulers of this kingdom and I could only wonder what was going to happen in the future. I gazed out of the window from my seated position in the office chair to the large mountain in the distance which from what I heard is the main stay of Alphas and Grandeeney as both take their energy from that place. Grandeeney takes it from the air and Alphas from the sun which is almost year in year out visible up there with exception of winter. The middle of the mountain is almost always surrounded by fog and rarely without, today wasn't such a day sadly to see it in full view. I could see Alphas fly down from the mountain towards Dragnof like he usually did. I grabbed the cup which was filled almost to the brim with something that Irene called Dragons brew, a strong coffee that has a very fragrant fruity aroma made from a coffee bean which is collected from the feces of a dragon like animal called a Drakin, its the size of a cat that eats the fruits of coffee plants. I stood up and walked closer to the window taking a sip from my mug.

"What are you looking at dear?" Irene asked as she walked up to me from behind placing her head on my shoulder. I looked at her smiling lightly "Just taking in the view of Mt Dragnof, its astonishingly beautiful to look at and so breathtaking." I replied and she nodded silently. Her eyes shifted down to the mug quickly.

"You like it?" She asked, a smile slowly showing on her lips from it. "Yeah I do, its something I've never had and you are sure its ok for you to drink?" I asked and she gave me an offended look before stealing the mug from the window sill and taking a sip. "I know that I'm allowed to drink it but not too much, just one sip is enough for me anyway to relish in its aroma." She swooned over it before handing me the cup again. "Seven months in, its going to be a little harder from here on." She stated and I blinked a few times. "Huh?" I exclaimed and she sighed. "Nothing." She shot back turning around to leave but a she stood still all of a sudden. "But I just remembered that there is a traditional ceremony done in Dragnof, all its citizens usually travel to it once in their life and there is a ceremony when the crown gets passed down, I witnessed it on my own coronation, there is a lake up in the mountain with crystal clear water, its extremely cold but its effect is rumored to heal your body and soul." She said and I then perked an eyebrow up.

"We need to make the water ceremony for Erza too as when the child of the queen is born it will be brought up to that lake to have it bath there." She explained to me while pointing to the mountain. I nodded as I still had to know all the traditions in Dragnof, it made me excited to know them.

"Let's see what the statistics say about Dragnofs people." Irene said and turned to the lacrima on the desk activating the archive's data about the overall statistics of citizens. I gazed up to the numbers and they didn't seem to tell me much. "This is indeed good, the happiness of both women and men has been going up steadily since I've eliminated those pests and our Dragons seem to have done their fair share of duty to find them, I have let them be interrogated by doctors and psychiatrists, turns out most of them had a medical condition and were borderline insane they even yelled corsets and bras are a way for men to humiliate women but truth be told they both were invented by women for comfort which makes this really hilarious as they don't seem to do research at all. But Alphas took maters in hand and cured them, in one way or another." She said and scrolled down the statistics. "Oh this is a surprise for sure." She said happily and showed me the statistic of intercourse between men and women, the casual sleeping around has been almost stopped due to Irene's law to stop the ongoing problem of women being used to men's profit and women thought just because a rich man was sleeping with you he wanted to marry you, mental health has declined because of that and made women think they deserve the best of the best, which isn't true you deserve what you work for. The liberation of women came to a hefty price and that's responsibility which a lot of them are lacking or don't want to have. "Its a good thing I changed the laws of marriage too to those in the past, so that women cannot abuse it and they have to give a real reason to divorce or it will not be given. A kingdom run by idiots is bad but a kingdom that gives in to idiots is even worse." She said and then switched the lacrima off.