Christmas Special

A/N. Merry Christmas with a Quick special chapter I wrote.

Like every year Christmas was right around the corner. The time to be merry and celebrate with Friends and Family. People all over Alvarez celebrated the hollyday for various reasons. The Belserion houshold was no ecception to it for the first time Irene decided to celebrate it.

Walking into the large main hall she gazed up to the Christmas tree, a mix of pride and awe with a child like Twinkle in her eyes filled her expression. Y/n and her had cut down this tree a few days prior, neatly decorating it with golden bells, gingerbread cookies, red candles, Red Apples, wooden toys that would be distributed to children later, and most important Angels and a star right on top of the tree.

Her eyes trailed over to the mistle toe hanging from the ceiling right in the living room, a more modern tradition, but one which is very old is the Christmas tree itself, she took hold of a small ornament looking down to it. "It's time to let traditions live up again." She whispered happily, doing quick steps to it. She hung a small sculputure of a Dragon onto the side of the tree. For a tradition she's not sure if she should do it. One would have to throw it and woever catches it could wish watever he wanted from the one throwing it. 

Irene blushed softly at the thought of whatever could happen. It could range from a sublte hug to quite indecent actions causing the redhead to let out a small squeak from the thought of it.

The slayers nose caught the scent of cookies being baked, she was magicaly led into the kitchen where two girls had been baking and cooking for the upcoming christmas feast. "How are you two doing?" She asked leaning over the kitchen counter. Juliet who was covered in flour let out a soft giggle. "We never had so much fun Irene realy." She replied and turned around to shove a turkey into a preheated oven.

Irene smiled softly taking a bit of flour into her hand and blowing it up into the air. Heine looked up from decorating the cookies she had just taken out to cool them off. She was making Jelly filled poppy seed cookies and gingerbread. To Heines fear she almost had broken the wooden spoon which she used to mix the gingerbread dough. "Irene-san, who did you invite to come?" She asked curiously, blowing a strand of hair out of her face.

Irene took an already baked cookie into her hand. "I've invited the Spriggans, but I think Invel will stay with his majesty, Bloodman doesn't care about Christmas, Wall only cares for his machines and Larcade stays with Zeref." She replied curtly before biting into the baked wonder.

Her eyes instantly lit up as images of her childhood in Dragnof resurfaced. She loved Christmas and everything that was with it. The snow falling outside of the windows, the laughter of the drunk relatives, the children playing and stories told by the grandparents. Not to mention all the presents she would recieve.

"Irene I'm done with placing all the presents down under the christmas tree." Y/n called out and she turned to him.

A pleased nod was all he got just before the bell rang. Irene quickly got out to welcome them. She was greeted by a man with a long white beard and a staff. "Gandalf?, no its Saint Nicholas." Irene exclaimed happily.

Y/n walked up to greet them. "That's not Gandalf, Irene, Its granpa August." He replied and the wise man walked inside dressed in full Christmas atire with a suitable staff too. "At least one recognizes me." He replied and Irene waved with her hand. "I was just jokeing August of course I knew it was you." She replied and came close for cheek kisses and a hand kiss from him. "Oh." She blushed softly. "You really can play the role of the inocent maden quite well that is embarrassed by the simplest of things." He replied jokekingly. "Well I've had a good teacher." August happily nodded heading down to place his presents all near the tree.