Confusing emotions

Irene Pov

The sweet scent of herbs and flowers covering the fields filled the air. Up here in the mountains of Alvarez people where still working the fields like they had done centuries ago. Kneeling down I picked up a gardenia, it's comon in these regions.

I held it up close to my nose inhaling the sweet parfume. It made me feel at ease even thought it tickled my nose lightly.

I let out a soft sneeze. "Bless you Irene." Rose exclaimed walking right up to my side as she was a bit in front.

Confusion spread over my face as I did not recal having any issue with pollen. "That's new?" I murmured and Rose raised her paw. "I know, maybe you just need to get used to all these new smells Irene, your senses may have become dull over time and are overstimulated." She replied happily and flew up. She may be right about it.

I placed the flower into my satchel which I use for various smaller items. "Say Irene." Rose asked and I hummed in response. "You've changed quite a lot becoming more and more feminine over the days how so?" She asked out of the blue.

I bit my lip for a moment. "I don't really know, it just comes naturaly to me acting this way." I replied and Rose nodded. "Then are you going to dress like a housewife too?" She asked bluntly.

My mouth opened a bit leaving me shocked. "I must say for a cat you ar way too cushy in your questions. But you got a point, maybe I should buy and wear one of those polkadot Dresses. It's still better then anything Brandish wears and not a spandax suit like Dimaria." I replied curtly.

After another 10 minutes we reached the small village with around 50 people in it, elderly and children included. I knew from passing by where the local Hunter had his home and it wasn't easy to miss either by the Trophies hanging on the outside.

I knocked on the door lightly until I heard someone saying to come in. "Oh miss Irene what brings you here?" A bearded burly man asked surprised as he  walked out from the back of his hut.

"I'm searching for some wild game meat, any Chance you got what I need? I asked looking at him with an eyebrow raised and he shook his head. "Not now sadily everything got sold out by the locals, been a bit busy." He replied and I let out a small annoyed huff. "But what do you need it anyway, you never went to buy something here. Is there a speacial someone you'd like to cook for?" He added a bit jokeingly and I waved it off.

"Almost, actualy I took someone in and he needs the healthiest food he can get to grow stronger."

"So you are a mother now?" He questioned and right as he said this a strange animal like sound came from the back of his home. "I could ask the same about you." I replied and He rubbed the back of the his head. "You got me, I took a little fawn in which I found abandoned in the woods no trace of its mother." He stated sheepishly.

I chuckled gently. "A hunter who looks after the offspring of the animals  he preys upon, quite ironic." I replied and he laughed as well.

"You got to talk miss Irene, everyone in Alvarez knows your story, Queen of Dragons." He replied and I chuckled softly. "Can I take a look?" I asked curiously and he nodded opening the door. I peered inside and there it was, a small  fawn maybe a few months old. I smiled softly as I had never seen such an adorable animal. It started to scream again at me But its sound didn't fit the animal at all. "Sorry miss Irene but I need to look after it again, you should hunt something yourself. There's enough game up north and you can pick whaterever you want." He replied and entered the room closing the door.  

I looked over to Rose. "What are you thinking?" She asked and I grinned amused. "I'm thinking of getting bear meat and using a life catch trap might be the best." I stated and she started to back away. I laughed heartidly again waving my hands. "I apologize, it just presented itself to me, we will fly over to look for our wild game." I replied an she exhaled in relief.