Lesson to royalty

Erza Pov

It was one week after the birth of my child and the whole kingdom was in pure ecstasy about the two born children, for days people had celebrated but my daughter was having non of it and slept through the most.

I was currently learning on how to behave and talk like a royal, the only reason why I wasn't taken to learn it sooner was because of the child I had growing inside me. "Now princess Erza show me how you make a curtsy." Belserion told me. "I know how to do it." I replied with a scoff. I grabbed the sides of my dress and placed one foot behind the other. I got down lightly while also angling my chin down to my chest and he frowned. "Sloppy at best, you need to do it much smoother and more graceful, it has to look like a dance." He said and I just snickered.

"I'm not a dancer, I'm a knight I'm used to fighting, not dancing in a dress." I shot back and he rolled his eyes. "Fighting or dancing doesn't make a difference, you need to coordinate your body in both to be as good as possible, so I wonder why it isn't working." Belserion replied and then he got an idea. "Maybe we should try it with a sword in your hand, something familiar in your hand might help." He added and I nodded. "That might help." I said and quickly equipped a sword.

"Now make a curtsy again or should I demonstrate it to you again." He asked and I shook my head. I grabbed the dress with both hands while also having the sword in my right. I put my right foot behind me and bend the knees while my chin pointed towards my chest. I got back up and looked at the stern gaze of the teacher. "Far better then before but we are far from perfect, we can't use a sword when you are doing the curtsy in front of people." 

The door started to open and revealed my mother. Who had her son on her arm tightly holding onto. "How is it going Erza." She asked and sat down on my bed were my daughter was sleeping. "Its going somewhat well, but I have my problems with the curtsy." I replied and my mother nodded. "Its never easy to learn but I see you found a way and how is it with learning to walk properly, we don't want you to walk around like you are on wobbly feet." She said and Belserion let out a short laugh. "We tried it and she was a natural talent on it, even with the books and the cup full of water it worked quite well." Belserion stated.

A pleased smile spread on her lips ."Its really nice to know my daughter is a quick learner." She stated and then looked towards the door. "Did you notice it too Erza, Y/n has started to train more again, he's training with the general in war tactics and chess, I've never been good in chess." She stated and I raised an eyebrow. "Why is he playing chess instead of only learning war tactics?" I asked and Belserion gave me a smirk while my mother had a slight surprised face.

"You don't know it? chess is a strategy war game where two armies are fighting each other on equal strength, only the one with the better strategy is going to win this, the men usually are far more likely to participate in wars then we women do so its more popular with them and a pass time in the bars. Chess is all about strategy and war. Our interest is different, we can be much better at the table when discussing the problems of our kingdom and how to solve them. And besides that, there is a rule in the contract of Dragnof that I the Queen of Dragnof cannot actively start a war, its a bit complicated, but throughout history I noticed kingdoms which were led by a sole queen were more violent and also got attacked more often then when they were led by a king who had the whole authority. I had a full on table with men helping me on the reign of my kingdom, the reason I was able to do it is because they had no benefit of taking me away from the throne and they trusted me just as I trusted them on helping me with hard decisions." She explained.

I gave her a confused look. "Why were they attacked more often?" I asked and she shrugged. "I don't really know but, what I truly find sickening is that when women used to be the main rulers in a lot of kingdoms they would more likely go to war then the kings and throw away the soldiers for a stupid reason. One queen I knew of took on one of the biggest kingdoms as an enemy she wanted to expand her kingdom, long story short she was hanged by the personal guard after almost putting the whole kingdom into ruin, the kingdom became a vasal state of the ruling king Alexander the great who even helped rebuild parts of the destroyed kingdom which his own army had damaged. Alexander the great was a very noble person, high honor, he told his soldiers to spare enemies who gave up and bring them away to rebuild the kingdoms after they got taken over. Also the queens in power usually were more likely to wage wars and more often then not they ended up being killed by the citizens for ruining the kingdoms wealth. When I heard about Alexander the greats victory against the queen of Bellum from the ambassador, I heard that she had always been in her palace protected by the guard, she never once was on the front line. A cowardly ruler hides behind his troops a strong one leads them into battle. I'm the best example on this, I fought on the front with my men and I was there holding up the morals of the troops if I would have stayed in the palace it would have been likely that my soldiers gave up on fighting. A queen and king are role models that everyone aspires to be, being on the front line protecting your kingdom at the side of the men who trust you is the best way to show you care for both your soldiers dying at your side and the people in your city." She replied and I sat down on the side of the bed.