E.6

Two months into November a dark clad figure had fought his way through the unsteady weather that had started turning into snow. The fine white layer covering the ground like the finest powdered sugar the figure only could dream off. His cloak only held on by a white hand that had lost all feeling the moment he had stepped outside.

He knew which house he was rushing to. He had one out of two options, he would try the hardest first. The ones that would be hardest to convince. That way he didn't get his hopes up too high. His fist hammering against the front door before a small laughing lady opened the door in amusement.

"My, I was worried we wouldn't get our freshly baked bread today," the woman chuckled once she noticed the young baker on her doorstep.

"I am terribly sorry madam, but your son won't happen to be home?" Sunoo questioned a bit out of breath as he looked at the woman with desperation.

"He's at tea with his sister," the woman shook her head in shock and Sunoo immediately looked over his shoulder, "what has he done? He did not speak to your little baker girl, did he?"

"No mrs. Park, no need to worry," Sunoo quickly shook his head with a forced smile, "he simply forgot to pick up the biscuits he had ordered two days ago."

"Does look like him, doesn't it?" the woman shook her head in disbelief, "you'll find him at the Yang estate. I can assure you that."

"Thank you mrs." Sunoo bowed his head and rushed down the steps, finding no time to spare as he set his run for the Yang estate. Then his best hope would be the only hope he had.

His lungs were burning by the time he reached the Yang estate only a bit further down the street, but his fist was no less strong when he knocked on the door. A very startled young woman opening the door and looking at Sunoo in bewilderment.

"My, get inside," Jiyeon rushed and pulled Sunoo into the warmth once she saw the heavy snow outside, "tell me... are you out of your mind?"

"Sunghoon," Sunoo breathed out and stared at Jiyeon with grave intensity.

"Right... okay," Jiyeon nodded and rushed down the hallway and into the first room on her right, murmuring something quietly as she glanced out at Sunoo every once in a while.

"What has happened?" Jungwon was the first one to appear from the room before Sunghoon followed after with a frown as he stared down at Sunoo, who still stood by the door breathing heavily - partially due to panic and partially due to having run through the heavy snow.

"I swear I would've paid it myself in a heartbeat if I had the money," Sunoo started before gasping for his words, resorting to just making it short, "she needs a doctor... please."

"Soomin?" Jiyeon questioned carefully and arched her eyebrows in surprise, "but I saw her just the other day and she..." Jiyeon trailed off before realizing what she really had seen, "she did look very sick."

"Please..." Sunoo begged quietly, almost letting himself cry there in the front hall of the Yang estate, face to face with three of the richest of his peers in town, "please, she needs a doctor."

"Go get him," Sunghoo nodded, marching down and stepping into his boots, grabbing his coat as he sent Sunoo another look, "go get him. I'll pay whatever he needs. Just go get him. I'll go down to the bakery. Is she upstairs?"

"The room just above the oven," Sunoo nodded, "it's the warmest."

"Go get the doctor and I'll go down and sit with her," Sunghoon assured with a small nod.

Sunoo immediately nodded and rushed out of the house once again, leaving Sunghoon behind in the front hall. With a quiet glimpse he managed to give all his apologies to his sister, as she stood there outside the living room, Jungwon behind her with a solemn look.