| 2.Epilogue |

"Mm... but auntie..." the kid in front of the woman frowned deeply as he looked at his sister, "is it real? Did the pirates really exist?"

"Why of course they did," the woman assured brightly as she bent forward to nudge the boy's cheek, "you really think I would tell you a story that doesn't exist?"

"But it just... sounds too good to be true," the girl piped in and the boy immediately nodded, balling up his fists in his lap.

"Close your eyes, dear," the woman softly spoke and both children immediately did so. Oh how they looked alike when their eyes closed and their lips pursed in utmost concentration, "now... imagine it. The blue waves crashing against the sides of the largest ship sailing in the Carribean."

"But that's so far-" the boy started.

"Hush," the woman reminded and the boy immediately went silent, "now... imagine the red flag... waving in the wind. On the deck men are running around to wash the deck. By the helm is the handsomest captain you could ever imagine. His hair as black as the night and eyes as fierce as fire. But do you see?"

"See what?" the girl gasped before quickly clasping her hands over her mouth.

"Out there... in the front of the ship," the woman continued, "she's right there. Her green skirt blowing around her legs. Do you see how soft and wavy her hair looks in the wind?"

"I see her!" the girl gasped, "oh, auntie her hair is absolutely beautiful, I wish to have that hair one day!"

"You will, dear," the woman chuckled in amusement as the girl balled up her skirt in her small fists.

"And he's there too!" the boy continued and the woman proudly hummed.

"He's wearing his black shirt isn't he?" the woman questioned and the boy immediately nodded, "do you know why?"

"She liked it that way," the girl remarked.

"Exactly. She liked him in the black shirt, so he wore it everyday he could, just for her," the woman agreed, "see how he's holding onto her tightly, making sure she doesn't fall into the water as she leans further over the railing. Her hands eager to touch the cold waves of the water beneath."

"She's so pretty!" the girl cooed, "I want to be like her when I grow up."

"You will my dear... you will," the woman assured with a small chuckle.

"But will they ever meet again? Sunghoon and Soomin?" the girl eagerly questioned and the woman pursed her lips, with no clear answer. Both kids opening their eyes again in anticipation.

"He will return, yes... some day," the woman nodded as she balled up her skirt discreetly in her fists, "Galway was like their heaven. One must arrive before the other joins later."

"What about the baker and his wife? Is that why she is blind?" the boy continued and the woman nodded quietly. Not wanting to tell the real reason behind Lin's blindness, how an accident in the bakery really was the reason her sight had been sacrificed.

"But you can't ask her about it. Remember? She doesn't know she is cursed," the woman continued and the boy immediately nodded.

"But she deserved it! She never listened to what anyone said!" the girl loudly remarked, "so annoying! I surely wouldn't want to play games with her."

"Well, why not?" the woman chuckled in amusement, "Lin never meant to harm anyone, did she?"

"No..." the girl slowly trailed off.

"She simply wanted to help too much," the woman continued, "she's always been too kind for her own good. Too much kindness within one's heart will always harm one in the end."