| 2.16 |

The next morning I had trouble getting out of bed. I had almost rolled out of bed, due to how close I was laying to the edge, when I had stretched my arms up above my head. The bed had clearly been empty for a while, but there was still rustling and bustling around the room.

"Morning, troll," Sunghoon remarked and I squinted my eyes open as I leaned up onto my elbows, watching him as he was grabbing his shirt for the day. The black one I was used to.

"I like that shirt on you," I murmured before opening one eye a bit more, "it suits you well."

"There was a point in time you preferred my white shirt," he reminded and turned his back towards me.

"But that was la-" I started before noticing something on his back, "Sunghoon?"

"Hm?" he hummed and glanced over his shoulder.

I quickly scrambled to get out of the bed, rushing over to him, even though I was only in my chemise.

"What is it?" he questioned in confusion and turned to look at me.

"No, no, no... your back," I murmured and gently turned him back around, watching the bright red lacerations against his pale skin. They looked relatively new, but still old enough for being from a few weeks ago when we had rescused him and Jiyeon.

"Oh..." Sunghoon muttered quietly, "it's not that bad, really."

"Stop lying to me," I shortly reprimanded, "is this from..."

"Yeah..." he sighed quietly, "I told you they punished me for my crimes, didn't I?"

"But I thought your exe-" I started before abruptly stopping myself. I hadn't even realized how deep my frown was, "do they hurt?"

"Only sore," he shrugged quietly, finally glancing over his shoulder to look down at me, "it's fine Soomin. They're just sore."

"But what if they're infected? I could imagine they rarely wash whatever made these," I pointed out and he pursed his lips quietly.

"Do they look infected?" he questioned and I glanced at the cuts before silently shaking my head, "then I promise you it is alright. Besides, we're gonna go pick fruits today, I'll show you they don't affect me. Reaching the highest mangos."

"Okay," I hummed quietly before taking a step away from him and directing my eyes elsewhere, quietly searching for my skirt. 

It was quiet behind me, aside from the rustling of Sunghoon pulling on his shirt and adjusting it, while I wandered over and grabbed my skirt from beside the bed. I tied it gently around my waist before continuing out of the Captain Quarters right behind Sunghoon.

"You don't need to worry," he whispered quietly as he held the door open for me.

"You don't make it easy for me," I murmured in return only earning an amused smile from him.

Once up on the deck I immediately noticed the island laying nearby. I could just barely get a glimpse of the plantation on it, but I coulse sense it was there. Over by the boat hoist station Jiyeon and Sunoo stood waiting. Sunghoon soon joining them with his long strides. I couldn't help but give Sunoo a funny look.

"I need to check whether or not you're lying about the figs and mangos," Sunoo excused casually as he noticed how I was looking at him.

"Be back before midday!" Jay called out to us once Jiyeon stepped over into the boat.

"We will," Jiyeon hummed happily as I soon joined her, grabbing two of the oars.

"What are you doing?" Sunghoon let out a small laugh as he sat down beside me.