| 2.2 |

Once dark had fallen and the air had turned cold and moist Sunoo had opened the door of the bakery and let me sneak out in front of him. I had sat up in the bakery for majority of the day, impatiently waiting for the sun to go down and the city to settle for the night. Sunoo on the other hand had been upstairs with Lin, supposedly getting some rest before he would leave.

"Did you say goodbye to Lin?" I whispered and he nodded quietly as he locked the door behind him.

"She was asleep, but I left a small note," he assured as I fished out my earrings from my pouch, "is that really necessary?" he winced once he turned around and saw me fiddling with my earrings - pushing them through the holes Jiyeon had made, and which was almost growing together completely.

"I have to look the part," I excused and started setting my route towards the bay.

The bay area wasn't far from the bakery, but it was secluded enough for Jake having berthed the rowboat there without anyone else noticing. However, once we got to the bay someone was already there with Jake. For a second he sat stiff in the boat before noticing us and waiving us down towards the boat.

"Who's that?" I questioned and stepped into the rowboat.

"Just a swabbie that's to help me row the boat back," Jake waved it off casually as the swabbie pulled their cloak tighter around themself, "I didn't know how experienced you were at rowing boats."

"My last experiences weren't the best," I admitted quietly and glanced at Sunoo, whose lips only pursed in dismay, "get in the boat for God's sake Sunoo. Or should I go alone?"

That proposition by itself seemed to be just enough for Sunoo to immediately stepped into the boat and sat down beside me. Jake pushed the rowboat back out into the water by himself while the swabbie clumsily picked up the oars and helped him row.

They easily coordinated us through the cliffs outside of the island and soon enough the ship was in sight. The ship had been lit up by a few lanterns hanging around on the ropework, and loud voices spoke on it.

"Woah... that's Jay," I let out a small laugh at the noticeable tone of the captain on the ship.

"He's been a bit demanding these days," Jake nodded once he noticed the smile that was breaking out onto my face and he tied the rowboat to the side of the ship, "just stay seated," he assured as he noticed I had stood up.

"We aren't going up?" I questioned and Jake shook his head in amusement.

"They'll hoist us," he assured and smacked his hand against the side of the ship a total of three times in a rhythmical manner.

I frowned in confusion before the rowboat starting getting pulled upwards in short stretches.

"That's new," I remarked and Jake just looked at me in amusement.

"Jungwon's idea," he excused and dried his hands off in a cloth from his pocket, "saw Jiyeon struggling to get up due to her skirts, and instead of offering her more pants..."

"The skirts are wonderful though," I remarked and Jake just nodded, "do you still have my favorite one?"

"I can't possibly know which one was your favorite," Jake chuckled, "I just know Jiyeon is always wandering around in a blue one."

"Green. Do they still have the green?"

"I'm pretty sure, yeah..."

As the boat was hoisted up completely, Jake immediately stepped onto the ship and extended a hand towards me. A hand I casually ignored. Once I was back on the ship I reached out and helped Sunoo up onto it as well. I didn't fail to notice how the swabbie behind him had stumbled up onto deck, and immediately acted like nothing while continuing into the mass of crewmen.

"Soomin!" Jay's voice happily called out and I immediately turned to look towards the helm. Behind it's round magonay carvings stood an excited Jay and looked down towards us, "and guests?"

"He didn't allow me to go alone," I excused and a frown appeared between Jay's eyebrows, a small smirk staying on his face while he simply pointed out into the mass of crewmen, "she's new too."

"Oh dear god no," I murmured and slowly turned out of fear. I was scared I had been right in my senses of the swabbie.

A bit away the hood had slipped a bit off the head of the swabbie that had also been in the rowboat. I could notice that short hair from miles away.

"Lin," Sunoo immediately murmured and pushed his way through the crowd, to much annoyance.

"And I suppose his fiancé couldn't let him go alone either. I suppose we have space anyways now that you're two men down," I remarked and Jay chuckled as he nodded and glanced over towards Lin and Sunoo was.

"Jungwon will find them a place to sleep," Jay assured and waved for me to come up to him.

Excitedly I pulled up in my skirt, bunching it in my hands as I rushed towards the steps up to the helm. Within a few steps I was standing by Jay's side and he immediately pulled me into him.

"I'm worried about Sunghoon," Jay whispered quietly. I nodded in return and softly pushed him a bit away from me, "the curse..."

"It can't come back, can it?" I frowned immediately, "I thought we broke it."

"Yeah... but, I'm still..." Jay sighed before running a hand through his hair, "I don't know what is happning where they're keeping him, and it's worrying me."

"We'll find them," I assured and patted his shoulder before casually dusting it off, "how's Jungwon doing?"

"In denial... I'm pretty sure," Jay admitted, "he's acting as if everything is alright. Not once have I seen him acknowledge the fact that Jiyeon isn't on the boat."

"Soo, we have to turn around!" Sunoo called out and I looked down towards him.

His hand was holding onto Lin's arm tightly as she simply rolled his eyes at him. From my judgement it looked like Lin insisted on staying on the boat and Sunoo was having absolutely none of it.

"Disrespect any woman on my ship and I'll have you in the water," Jay called back and did a waving motion for Sunoo's hand to let go of Lin. Eventually it did, "and we're not turning back around. We're a wanted crew."

"I'll go find them a hammock each," I muttered and Jay simply nodded as he returned to the helm and grabbed onto one of the mahogany handles, "give it to the morning for him to feel better about it."

I glanced at Jay, who only pursed his lips in return. I let out a small laugh at his dismay before rushing down and grabbing onto both Lin and Sunoo to find a hammock for them.

"I'll find some other clothes for you in the morning," I quickly assured Lin with excitement, "Something tells me the red or yellow skirt with be beautiful on you."

"You think so?" Lin excitedly questioned and I nodded.

"Besides... you won't have to wear yoru corset, think of all the space and movement you can make," I excitedly remarked before turning to Sunoo, "you will have to talk to Jungwon to get clothes."

Just like Jay, Sunoo glanced at me in dismay with pursed lips.