| 28 |

Jungwon held tightly onto my wrists as he helped hoist me further down towards the rowboat beneath me. Quickly a pair of hands had wrapped around my waist and I had been helped further down into the rowboat by Sunghoon, who helped me sit down beside Jiyeon before Jungwon hoisted himself down followed by one of the swabbies on deck. Jay had agreed to let us row to the island for the evening, on the one circumstance that we took at least two swabbies with us.

"What's that?" Jiyeon questioned as she noticed me bunching up a pouch in my lap and I looked down at it.

"A blanket," I murmured quietly, "I just tied up the corners."

"Why?" she chuckled in amusement as the two swabbies began rowing us towards the island.

"So Sunghoon doesn't get too cold," I shrugged and she looked at me in amusement, "it's basic human decency Yeon."

"I just find it suspicious, that's all," she excused with a knowing look on her face.

"How about you focus on your loverboy, hm?" I questioned and she glanced over to Jungwon, who was quietly looking through some bag that he had taken with him, meanwhile Sunghoon was looking over his shoulder and pointing out some things.

"Do you really think he loves me?" she questioned and I nodded immediately, "he's just never said it."

"He doesn't need to say it to feel it," I reminded her with a small laugh, "don't you love him?"

"I don't know..." she admitted and leaned forward with her elbows on her knees, biting down on her nails, "I think I might've... I just... I never thought of the warm feeling as being love."

"Yeon! You're some little witchy girl, you of all people should know how such feelings feel," I almost exclaimed at her in amusement, "don't you do love potions and such stuff."

"Not potions," she frowned at me in confusion, "that stuff is only in fairytales."

"You get what I mean," I waved it off as she just continued to frown at me.

The swabbies were surprisingly good rowers. They had gotten us to land with barely any time to spare.

"We'll just go on land from here," Jungwon decided despite the rowboat not being completely up on land and giving us about ankle deep water to walk in.

"Sunghoon isn't," I decided as the swabbies got out to pull the boat on land, "the water might be cold."

"What in the world are you talking about?" Sunghoon let out a small laugh as he casually stepped out into the water and walked up on the sandy beach.

He helped the swabbies pull the boat up on land, almost making me stumble and fall down, had Jiyeon not been quick to grab onto me and help me out onto the sand.

I clutched the blanket tightly into my chest as I watched Jungwon jump out of the boat as the last one. He had marched right up to Sunghoon and they had immediately found a place where they had begun putting down firewood, that apparently had been in the bag Jungwon had carried with him.

"Ugh these boots in this sand," Jiyeon complained from beside me and slipped out of her boots and stepped down onto the sand with barefeet, "I suggest you do the same unless you want to break your ankle."

I hummed before quietly bending down and unbuttoning my boots and slipping out of them, letting my feet sink into the cold sand before picking up my boots in one hand.

"Do you think they can even start a fire?" I questioned in amusement and Jiyeon glanced at me before quietly shaking her head at me once we looked back at the two boys.