| 9 |

It turns out... the weather was going to have an effect on us, we just was to not react on it. When the rain had broke out it wasn't too bad, but it turned worse with time. Eventually it was raining heavier than I even knew it could.

Each time a water droplet had hit my head it felt like I was getting small pebbles thrown at me from above with an incredible speed.

I held my head low as I continued to sweep the water off deck time and time again. I had considered this to be an easy job, but I was only proved wrong by each ounce of water I sweeped off the deck.

"Get down from there you stupid girl child!" a voice called out and I covered my eyes as I looked up towards the Crow's Nest.

Stubbornly Jiyeon kept working up there, her hair had been untied and laid around her shoulders, slicked back and out of her face. Instead of listening to the person yelling at her she just kept working, throwing down neatly tied ropes.

"If lightning hits it gets her first, let her be!" another voice yelled back and I looked back up to Jiyeon with a small frown on my face.

I tried to continue sweeping the deck as I watched a few people run back and forth on the deck, including both Jungwon and Sunghoon. I tried to ignore them as best as possible, but eventually a dark figure stopped by me.

"Take it," it was clear that Sunghoon's voice was strained over the loud rain, but when I looked up I was confirmed in the fact that it actually was him, "your chemise isn't that thick. You'll catch a cold," he excused as he bent down to my ear and shoved his coat into my hands.

Without a word I eagerly pulled on the coat and buttoned the few first buttons before looking up to Jiyeon. She didn't have a coat and there was no sign of Jungwon going to deliver one to her.

"What about Jiyeon?" I yelled back and Sunghoon looked back up at her before running a hand through his hair to get it away from his eyes.

"She only gets sick once a month when she bleeds. I've never seen her be sick out of that routine," Sunghoon shook his head.

"Her chemise is just as thin as mine, if not thinner. She'll end up flashing the whole deck," I yelled back with worry lacing my voice as I glanced back up at Jiyeon, who pulled her chemise away from her chest whenever it got too clingy to her.

"You don't have to worry about that," Sunghoon shook his head before continuing to run around.

I frowned in confusion as I watched him rush around with Jungwon, muttering things to him every once in a while. I began to get confused as to what Sunghoon's role on this ship was. However, I kept on sweeping the decks as I was supposed to.

It only got worse when the wind picked up and created large waves on the sea, causing the ship to move more and more from side to side than it had beforehand. Waves splashed up on the deck and made my job harder and harder as more people just began running around.

Hurriedly my eyes looked upwards again, catching how Jiyeon stumbled more around than any other person as she grabbed tightly onto the railing around her and eventually crouching down, hopefully holding tightly onto anything that would keep her stable.

"Big wave from starboard!"

I had barely heard what was yelled out before the right side of the ship was washed over by a big wave. On which side of the ship did I happen to stand on? The right side.

Within seconds I was forced to my knees by a heavy and cold weight from above. Making me fall forward and slide back with some of the water from the wave. I'm sure I had slipped out through the railing of the ship, had someone not been quick to rush over and grab me, pulling me to my feet as I coughed repeatedly.

I had surely inhaled way too much seawater for one day from that wash. I was constantly gasping for my breath as I pushed my hair out of my face once again, immediately being met by Jungwon's concerned eyes, while Sunghoon stood beside him with a frown, holding tightly onto my arm.

"Are you alright?" Jungwon immediately questioned and I just nodded as I looked up to the Crow's Nest," she's fine. She ties herself to the mast when these things happen. Get down in the sleeping chamber. You're not trained to keep your footing here."

"I can do it," I insisted and he immediately shook your head.

"The water pulls you down too easily," Sunghoon shook his head as well as he pulled on my arm, "get down in the sleeping chamber now."

"Why would I listen to you?" I sneered at him and he sighed deeply.

"Because right now I'm trying to be kind and you need to do as I say," Sunghoon insisted.

"Soomin right now I am gonna speak as the Quartermaster. If you don't follow my orders I will ensure you get ten whips on your back once this storm is over," Jungwon sternly spoke making me look at him in shock as my eyebrows furrowed together, "now get down in the sleeping chamber and wait for the boat to settle."

I slowly nodded as he grabbed the mop from my hands and Sunghoon pulled on my arms once again, softly pushing me towards the stairs down through the food depot and down into the sleeping chamber.

I closed the door tightly behind me and let out a deep breath. All of a sudden the rain seemed so faint and it was so silent in the sleeping chamber. I was dripping from head to toe and there surely were no way I was gonna set myself in my hammock and make it wet. Instead I slowly slid down against the door and sat on the floor to calm myself down, hugging my knees tightly to also warm myself. Now all I could do was wait until the storm had settled like Jungwon had asked me to.