| 22 |

Jiyeon let out a sigh as she clipped up part of my skirt and shoved a brown and black stone into my pocket, patting it softly.

"It's Tiger Eye," she murmured quietly, "I don't care if you believe in those things. But it'll give you strength and confidence while bringing you protection and good luck."

"Thank you," I muttered and she only smiled slightly before pulling me up from where I sat and looking around the ship.

"Park Sunghoon!" she yelled out and immediately quick footsteps echoed from somewhere on the ship, "she's ready."

"We should go then," Sunghoon nodded and grabbed my arm, before I pulled my arm out of his grip, "what? Have I said something this time?"

"I don't know who I should go for," I pointed out and both Sunghoon and Jiyeon shared a glance.

"Heeseung?" Sunghoon offered and Jiyeon immediately shook her head.

"He hasn't had interest in any other since they picked up that Chinese girl, Xia," Jiyeon corrected before turning to me, "go for Jake."

"Oh come on!" Sunghoon complained.

"Sunghoon knows how to summon Jake as if it was his daily hobby," Jiyeon assured and I frowned at her, "you look gorgeous, it'll be fine. Jake loves eye candy."

"Don't call me that," I warned as Sunghoon tugged on my arm and snuck me down from the ship and up through the city, "where are we going?"

"The pub," Sunghoon shortly replied at me before glancing down at me, "they'll most likely be there... and... no nevermind," he waved it off making me frown at him.

"What?" I questioned and tugged on his sleeve to tell me.

"Jake loves proving he's better than me," Sunghoon sighed before glancing over his shoulder, "don't overthinking it if I have to kiss you."

"Kiss me?" I questioned in disbelief and raised both my eyebrows at him.

"Trust me, I don't want to either," he snorted in amusement, "gotta do what I gotta do."

Soon enough Sunghoon paused outside a wornout house, the door barely hanging on the hinges and multiple windows missing their shades. Not to mention that it didn't even have a sign, but it surely was noisy and smelling already from the outside.

"Brace yourself," Sunghoon chuckled before opening the door and I quickly grabbed onto his sleeve to assure I would stick to him.

The pub was overcrowded and multiple times I had almost been hit by beverages flying around, until Sunghoon eventually decided to stop in the middle of everything and bend down to me.

"Jake has dark brown hair, and always, always wears this dark green sach sash around the top of his pants," Sunghoon pointed out and I only nodded before glancing around, "relax you'll be fine. You have to be confident to do this," he pointed out and straightened up once again, "go out and dance around a bit, I'll be watching," he assured, "oh and the sign to go outside is to pull down in the neck of his shirt."

"Noted," I murmured before turning my back to Sunghoon.

Almost immediately, after having taken a few steps away from Sunghoon, had I automatically been swallowed by the crowd of rowdy men pushing and clumsily dancing around. I did my best to try and do the same as Jiyeon had done - it was just that... I was only succeeding with older men and I was beginning to doubt that Jake even was in the pub.

"I'm gonna do something you're gonna hate me for, but this is not working," Sunghoon whispered beside my ear as he grabbed my hips from behind.

"Is he even in here?" I questioned and Sunghoon hummed quietly as he easily turned me around.

"And he's been eye-fucking you for years but he's not doing anything, so I'm gonna provoke him," Sunghoon whispered beside my ear as I only nodded quietly.

Sunghoon looked quite calm as he pulled his head away from mine before slowly leaning down once more and placing his lips on mine, his hands naturally trailing up to hold onto my waist. His lips was cold and soft against mine, I had never tried kissing someone and have their lips be cold, but there was something soothing about it compared to how warm it was inside the pub. As an instinct, not just because it was Sunghoon, I let one of my hands lift and cup his cheek before letting the other lay on his chest - it still felt the same as the first time I met him and tried to push him away.

"My my my... a bit desperate for love aren't we?" a voice spoke up and I could almost feel Sunghoon grit his teeth against my lips before slowly pulling away from my lips, having me almost chase his lips as he let go of my waist, "that curse surely is getting to your head man."

"What is your problem Sim?" Sunghoon questioned calmly and I glanced over at the boy, who I had to admit was a much more handsome and charming than I had thought he would be.

"I just noticed how you keep on snogging these random girls," Jake excused, "the last one was what? A week ago? At the Sinking Death Tavern?"

Almost abruptly and out of relflex I had pulled away from Sunghoon, making sure we weren't touching at all. A small frown playing on my eyebrows as I glanced Sunghoon up and down - he only pursed his lips.

"A pretty lady like this," Jake spoke up and reached down to grab my hand and bring it up to his lips, softly grazing the back of my hand with his lips before pressing a kiss to it, "shouldn't she get the best?"

"She's average at most," Sunghoon snorted.

"So you won't mind if I take her with me?" Jake snickered in amusement and Sunghoon merely glanced at me before shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Not my business. I guess you just like to go around and see how many you can fuck in a year," Sunghoon casually excused before wandering off and my attention turned to Jake.

"Let me apologize for his behavior. He just can't fathom the fact that I will always be better than him at literally... everything," Jake excused with a smile as his hand slowly snaked around my waist and I hummed as a small smile spread on my lips once he had pulled my body against his, "would you mind?"

"Well, what do you have to offer that he doesn't?" I questioned in amusement and looked up at him with the biggest doe eyes I could muster.

"Anything you'd like," he chuckled and I bit down on my bottom lip, glancing down before eventually looking back up at him. Yup, I already had him I just had to follow through with it.

"We should get out of here, shouldn't we?" I whispered as I leaned up towards him and sneaked my hand up along his torso, up towards the neck of his shirt.

"For you..." he trailed off, leaning down to leave a lingering kiss on my lips, holding it for some passionate seconds, "anything."

"Be a gentleman and show the way out," I smiled slightly at him and tugged down on the neck of his shirt, immediately making him tighten his grip around my waist and not even hesitate before easily shoving people aside and making sure no one but him had any physical contact with me at any point.

He had followed me all the way out of the pub and glanced towards the dark figure standing beside the door, which I was well aware of was Sunghoon but it seemed like Jake didn't spare it a second thought.

Jake was quick to pin me up against the wall with his hands on my hips, leaning down to level his eyes with mine. He had almost leaned in to kiss me, had I not been quick to hold a finger to his lips. Much to his shock, judging by his wide eyes and raised eyebrows.

"Shouldn't we be more private?" I questioned quietly, making him glance over towards Sunghoon's figure.

"Oh you're a little secretive, aren't you?" he chuckled deeply before leaning down to whisper in my ear, "what else are you hiding?"

"Take me somewhere private and I will show you," I whispered in return.

Almost immediately Jake had pulled me along with him down towards the harbour. Not giving it a second thought before dragging me up the ramp to the Flottante.