| 16 |

Sunghoon was the first one who had gone onto land, helping Jiyeon over with her skirt and everything before helping me up as well, letting Jungwon get up by himself.

"Jiyeon will go in first," Jungwon sighed as he turned the captain hat in his hands, eventually placing it on his own head and tilting it a bit down to hide parts of his face.

I watched in silence as Jiyeon straightened up her posture and proudly marched towards the tavern and casually entered. The door had barely swung close before I could hear whistles and cooing from inside, only causing a shaky breath to escape Jungwon.

"She'll be fine," I murmured and he only hummed at me.

"And you don't have to worry with how hideous that clothes look on you," Sunghoon remarked and I only glared at him as he happily smiled and shoved his hands into his pockets before marching right after Jiyeon.

Jungwon eventually just nodded and began walking forward, keeping his head low. I followed him quietly and once we got inside, oh my...
The place stunk. It was a horrible mix of sweat, blood, alcohol... and urine? Surely something that was similar to it. My nose scrunched up immediately, but I remembered to stop it once again. I would seem too out of place if I reacted to the smell.

I had barely even registered what was happening before Jungwon had shoved a steel cup into my hands, filled with some mixture that smelled heavily of the bitterness of alchol or urine.

"You don't have to drink it, you'll just seem too out of place," Jungwon murmured as he leaned against the wall behind him, keeping an eye on Jiyeon.

Jiyeon on the other hand didn't have a steel cup in her hands, but she surely didn't need it. She had quickly gotten into a big group of other shaggy looking people, dancing around happily and laughing brightly. Compared to the people around her she almost looked like a goddess.

Not long lasted before I noticed a boy around her own age wander up behind her and place his hands on her hips, whispering something to her. I felt slightly uncomfortable as I watched Jiyeon's smile slowly falter, but she was quick to pull it up into a small cheeky one instead.

"She's impressive," I murmured and Jungwon only hummed.

"She's an actress," he corrected as a small wave of Jiyeon's hands passed by and yet another of those funny cards appeared. The one she had shown me the other morning and called it her secret.

Almost as if she was smitten with the boy by her she turned around and pressed the card against his chest, whispering something to him. It was clear to me she was acting, but had I been that boy I would be fully convinced that she wanted me and she wanted me in that very moment. She leaned up to whisper something to him at the same time her hand flattened on his chest and she pulled down in the neck of his shirt, making the card almost immediately disappear once again.

"We need to go out," Jungwon stated and pushed himself away from the wall before marching outside, having me follow him hot on his heels.

"What did she do?" I questioned and Jungwon only shook his head quietly and leaned against the wall outside of the tavern, letting out a heavy sigh as he closed his eyes tightly, "Jungwon-"

"She gave the sign," he shortly replied, "I didn't just go out here because I was jealous," he quickly clarified and I squinted my eyes at him, "I hate to see her do this job, but I don't stop my job just because I'm jealous," he sternly pointed out as he looked at me.

"I'm not saying anything," I assured him and noticed how he had actually started sipping from the beverage he had been given.

Soon enough the door flung open and Jiyeon tumbled out with the same boy, meanwhile he was quick to immediately pin her up against the wall on the other side of the entrance compared to where Jungwon and I stood. A small giggle escaped Jiyeon as he looked down at her.

To try and concentrate and not get too nauseous I immediately began sipping of my drink as well, only earning a funny look from Jungwon as I had to turn my face even further away and do a gagging motion once the taste had hit my tongue.

When I glanced back over at Jungwon he was just snickering at me, meanwhile when I glanced at Jiyeon the story was completely different. The boy had basically latched himself onto her neck while his hand had snuck up along the leg she had had revealed under her skirt, revealing her leg all the way up to her upper thigh. She was actually looking towards Jungwon and I, and she surely didn't look as happy as she had inside the tavern.

When I looked back at Jungwon he had also realized what was happening over beside him. But that was mostly judging from how pissed he looked at the ground underneath his feet.

"What won't your quartermaster say to this?" the boy spoke up and Jungwon immediately closed his eyes and tilted the hat even further down over his face.

"What he doesn't know, doesn't hurt me," Jiyeon murmured in return with a very fake hum (at least if you ask me).

"A shame we took the last harbour spot, I would find pleasure in him catching the little slut on his ship," the boy continued and I had to mentally refrain myself from doing anything. Now I understood why Jay had been very insistant on Sunghoon going insted of Jungwon. I couldn't imagine how hard this was for him, considering how smitten he always looked around Jiyeon.

"I prefer your ship anyways," Jiyeon breathed out and I had to grab onto Jungwon's elbow as he had almost thrown his arm out to do something.

"Yeah...? Let's go then," the boy commented and once I glanced over I caught onto how he licked up along her neck and I had to stop myself from gagging once again.

I watched as Jiyeon followed the boy, who held onto her waist tightly. I was mentally thanking her corset for protecting her waist properly.

"Give them five minutes before we go," Jungwon murmured and turned the steel cup upside down as he drank from it. Probably downing it within seconds.

"I don't like him," I muttered and Jungwon only chuckled as he shook his head in return, "he's creepy."

"I despise him," Jungwon shrugged and looked over to the ship with the black sails, watching as the two figures got up on deck and the boy immediately leaned down to kiss Jiyeon, which she unfortunately had to reply, "let's go."

I wandered behind Jungwon, throwing my cup to some place just like he did. We wandered quietly down the wooden bridges down to the ship, standing quietly at a slight distance, just enough for us to watch how the boy grabbed at Jiyeon in places I had sworn no boy should ever touch me, both eventually disappearing completely.

"I hate this," Jungwon murmured with a sigh as he pulled off the hat and ran a hand through his hair.

"She'll be fine," I whispered, mostly to myself as I stood impatiently waiting around.