| 20 |

Lately I had been having trouble with sleeping during the night, but I would usually be able to sleep at some point. However, tonight was very different from it. I had gotten up from my hammock instead, and wrapped my blanket around me as I got up to walk up on the deck.

A few people were still awake at this time before the first people would wake up. After all we had to have someone be on look out in case any other ships were approaching or to make sure we didn't sail into things.

None of them said anything as I wandered over and sat down by the railing, looking through the small holes and down into the water. However, the sea mostly looked like a black blanket that was waving over desert sand.

"So..." a voice trailed off as another blanket was placed around my shoulders and a figure struggled to sit down beside me, "why aren't you sleeping?"

"Honestly... why do you care?" I questioned in disbelief as I noticed it was Sunghoon who had sat down beside me, "because the past few nights you've been tossing enough in your hammock for it to bother me. Feeling seasick?"

"No," I shook my head and looked back down over the water, "you make me more sick than the sea does."

"Very funy," he commented with sarcasm dripping from his voice, "is it still the Jiyeon and Kitae thing?"

"She doesn't seem to remember," I replied and shook my head quietly, "I can't let it bother me then."

"What is it then?" he questioned and I glanced at him, "oh come on, I'm trying to do some caring here."

"But why?" I remarked and he only snickered before shrugging at me.

"Because now I know I can trust you with Jiyeon," he excused casually.

"She doesn't trust you," I pointed out and he only shrugged in return.

"I don't care," he excused, "I don't trust her either. But I still worry for her."

"You're weird," I commented and he only chuckled in return.

"Now tell me. What is hindering you from sleeping?" he questioned once again and I looked over at him.

"Sunoo," I replied and he hummed quietly.

"Your little boyfriend?" he let out a laugh.

"My best friend," I corrected him as I sent him a glare, "I dropped the baskets and cloths in the sea... I can't imagine how he has reacted with me being gone for well over two weeks now."

"If anything he has assumed you're dead," Sunghoon excused and I glanced at him before quietly humming and pulling the blankets tighter around my shoulders, "that wasn't the right thing to say, was it?"

"No," I shook my head quietly at him, making the earrings Jiyeon had lended me lightly smack against my bare skin.

"Sorry, I'm not good with talking," he excused and I let out a small laugh as I just shook my head, "those are Jiyeon's earrings, aren't they?"

"She let me borrow them before I found a pair of my own," I excused and he hummed before his hand reached over and grabbed onto the earring closest to him, quietly inspecting it as his fingers would graze my skin every once in a while.

I had to refrain myself from shivering at the slightest of his accidental touches. I wasn't gonna let him have an effect on me, and surely not if I knew he would be snarky about it.

"These look better on you than they do on Jiyeon," he commented and I glanced at him before just waving his hand away from the earring, that softly swung back against the skin of my neck, "it was a compliment."

"I'm well aware of it being a compliment," I mumbled before glancing him up and down, "the weird thing was that it came from you."

"I'm not as mean as you think I am," he reminded and looked back out towards the sea, "I know we came onto the wrong side of each other since the start, but I'm not some horrible person."

"I never said you were," I reminded him and glanced over at him with a small smirk, "our personalities clash, and that's fine. We're not supposed to be liked by everyone."

"Our personalities doesn't clash," he shook his head in denial, only making me snort, "they don't. They're just so similar that we end up ignoring the good side of the other. We're too stubborn to see it."

"What are you even trying to say?" I sighed and looked over at him in amusement.

"I thought you were some stubborn, spoiled little girl who was unable to take charge in anything," he clarified and I squinted my eyes at him, "but the other night changed that view. You wouldn't have taken care of Jiyeon without any hesitation just like that if that assumption were true... you're still stubborn but probably not as spoiled and as helpless as I initially thought."

"If this is about to turn into something where I get flattered and realize you're not as big of a jerk as I thought you were... then I highly suggest you don't go further with it right now," I pointed out making him snicker slightly at me, "if I'm gonna take a liking to you, at least give me a runway to do so."

"I'm just saying... I was pleasantly surprised by you that night," he excused and held both his hands up in defense, "I'm not gonna be kinder to you than I already am. But I am willing to admit that my first assumptions of you weren't true."

"Really?" I questioned and he immediately nodded in return, "I'm impressed. You're really willing to accept the fact that you were wrong."

"Woah woah, hey, no. I never said I was wrong in my assumptions, I just said my assumptions wasn't exactly true to the reality," he quickly defended and I let out a small laugh at his sudden defensiveness, "I can teach you how to use a sword," he pointed out after having run a hand through his hair, "that's the nicest thing I'll do to you."

"You don't have to," I shook my head.

"How else would you defend yourself?" he questioned in amusement.

"Why do I have to learn if I already know how to?" I questioned and he looked at me with squinted eyes, "I know how to use a sword."

"Bullshit," he comented and I only shook my head in return, "how do you know how to use one?"

"I used to play with toy swords when I was younger," and he immediately laughed at me, "doesn't sound as much, but I was good enough to get secret lessons from the king's guards in town."

"Is that so?" he questioned and I nodded quietly, "and why would they give that to a little girl?"

"They probably found it amusing," I shrugged at him, "by the end I could outsmart them in our duels."

"Then you have to duel me one day," he pointed out and I shook my head in return.

"I can't win over you," I clarified, "it's been long and I'm rusty in my skills. But I don't need anyone to teach me anything."

"You won't survive a meeting with the Flottante if you can't at least last a few minutes in a swords duel with me," he pointed out and I glanced at him.

"Maybe I don't need to," I calmly replied, "all I need is to be able to seduce them in some way. Don't I?" I chuckled in amusement before he let out a sigh and simply nodded.

"You should get to sleep," he excused and I merely glanced at him with an arched brow, "we're laying at harbour tomorrow and if the Flottante has followed us like we suspect they have you might just have to be pimped out tomorrow."

I glanced at him before eventually just nodding and dropping his blanket back down into his lap before continuing my way towards the sleeping chamber.