| 25 |

Eventually I had gotten up from where I had sat by Jiyeon and wandered over towards the food depot. There was only one of Sunoo's loaves of bread left in the food depot and I knew it would be eaten by tonight.

Sunghoon wasn't there but once I stepped into the sleeping chamber, which were slightly lit up by windows along the ceiling of the room. He had sat down in his hammock, looking like he had zoned out. He didn't even acknowledge my presence as I walked over towards him.

"Sunghoon," I called out and he only hummed as his eyes stayed directed at his boots, "Park Sunghoon, look at me," I urged and nudged his shoulder before hurriedly crossing my arms over my chest.

"What?" he murmured with a tired look on his face as he looked up at me.

"Jiyeon said you looked for me," I remarked and he slowly nodded, "what for?"

"I want to know how you got that sword," he remarked as he scratched the side of his nose tiredly.

"I already told you. I just took it," I pointed out and he hummed as if he didn't believe me completely.

"How?" he continued.

"By... grabbing the handle and pushing him away from me," I shrugged as a frown grew on my face and he immediately rubbed his face in his hands.

"It just doesn't make sense," he sighed deeply, "how can you trick him so easily?"

"Maybe because he's better at being tricked then you are," I commented and he let out a small chuckle at me, "better at everything, you remember?"

"I remember very clearly," he nodded at me, "even the kissing."

"I never said that," I reminded him as I shook my head and he only glanced up at me in amusement, "when did I say that?"

"I was not going by what you had said," he pointed out, "I'm too cold."

"And..." I trailed off before letting out a heavy sigh, "that's why I'm here."

I uncrossed my arms from my chest as Sunghoon looked up at me with a frown and amused smile. Almost like he didn't understand me fully, and I mentally cursed at having come to the conclusion I had.

"I am willing to help you with your curse," I remarked and he immediately let out a small laugh.

"I would have to fall in love with you," he reminded and I nodded, "and you have to fall in love with me."

"I know," I hummed at him, "but as much as I hate that idea, I don't like the idea of you dying either. And by the judgement Jiyeon has made we have about a month to try and do this."

"Why in the world would you want to do this?" he questioned in amusement, "you just pointed out that you hated me."

"No... I hated the thought of having to love you," I corrected as I folded my hands in front of me, "so now... you either let me help you or you die."

"Yeah, I'll choose death," he decided and I only nodded at him, "you can go now."

"Suit yourself Park," I murmured before grabbing at my skirt and clipping it up to mount the stairs once again.

I let out another small sigh before opening the door to the food depot and wandering through it towards the stairs to get back up onto deck. Only that... I didn't get back up onto the deck before I had been called back once again.

"Soomin!" Sunghoon's voice rung out and I turned around to look at him, standing in the doorway between the sleeping chamber and food depot.

"What?" I frowned at him in confusion.

"Two weeks. I'll give you two weeks for me to fall in love," he remarked and I slowly nodded at him.

"It is an effort from both of us, just so you know," I reminded him and he immediately nodded, "I'm not working alone on this, trying to get you to love me."

"No no, I know," he assured as he glanced me up and down, "the green skirts are the prettiest on you," he excused with a small smile as he looked up at my face once again, "you should wear them some more."

"Uhm... thank you," I hummed quietly and he snickered slightly, "and in my opinion you are a better kisser than Jake," I assured him and he only chuckled in amusement.

"Now we're even," he declared and I nodded at him, "let's eat dinner together."

"Sure," I nodded with a small smile, "I'm gonna go now..."

"Sure sure, go do whatever you have to do," he urged and waved his hand at me, trying to bite back his smile once again.

"Entertain Jiyeon while she does her wickwork," I pointed out and he immediately laughed once again, "she's quite concentrated."

"I know," he hummed with a small nod, "go."

I smiled slightly at him before just walking up the stairs in front of me. It seemed all weird, to think of having to fall in love with Sunghoon. Not because I necessarily wanted to, but because it would save his life if I did.

The whole situation just seemed weird now that we had agreed to try and fall in love with one another. It was so odd in a way. Making a deal to fall in love within two weeks, just without any previous feelings hiding in us.