| 2.29 |

The more days that passed since our encounter with the Flottante, the more I had noticed Sunoo attentively holding Lin's hand and pulling her along with him. Jiyeon didn't have any new updates for me whenever I asked and Lin never mentioned anything about her eyes anymore. I couldn't ask Sunoo either, since he was constantly attached to Lin in some way.

However, when Lin had been left to sit and do some wickerwork with Jiyeon, upon Jiyeon's request, I had finally found Sunoo by himself. Of course deep in thought as he looked out towards the horizon, where the waves and sky blended into the same blue shade. His elbows leaning on the railing and fingers interlaced with the fingers on the other hand.

"So deep in thought," I commented in amusement and wandered over beside him, leaning against the railing with my hip. Arms automatically crossing over my chest once my hip made contact with the railing.

"When was the last time we saw land?" Sunoo muttered and I arched a brow at him. First now noticing how long it had been since I saw just the tiniest grain of sand. It had been at least a week. Just about when we had encountered the Flottante. That must mean we were a week into the Atlantic.

"I don't know," I admitted with a small frown as I looked out towards the horizon as well, "we have plenty of food. Enough for two months, at least. Now that it's just the eight of us."

"Just a thought," Sunoo hummed and rubbed his jaw thoughtfully before just resting his head into his palm.

"How's Lin?" I questioned and he glanced over towards me, staying quiet for a few seconds, "I've noticed you pulling her along fo the majority of the time."

"It's blurry," he admitted with a small nod, glancing over his shoulder to where Jiyeon were happily chatting away about something while Lin kept a soft smile on her face while listening, "it's been going fast this past week. She's rubbing her eyes more, I keep finding sand grains in her hammock. Shake it out every morning before she notices..."

"How blurry is the sight?" I questioned and he sighed before shrugging.

"Depends," he admitted, "time of day and mood seems to have quite an effect on the outcome. Right now it's not so bad," he pointed out, nodding his head to the two girls with their wickerwork, "the sunlight is great and she seems to be happy with whatever Jiyeon is telling her," he snickered in amusement before letting the snicker disappear and look up towards me, "then there's times when she can't even see the stairs properly... or my face."

"You worry, don't you?"

"Of course I worry," he chuckled with a slight hint of panic, biting down on his thumb nail, "she'll go blind, that's for sure. I can't tell her why or how. I don't know if she'll wake up tomorrow and all sight is gone or when it will be. I don't even know how to handle a blind person. What do I do when it happens?"

"You're not leaving her?" I questioned hesitantly and he immediately shook his head. I hadn't expected him to, but I had a small speck of fear for it.

"I can't," he shook his head, running a hand through his hair, "you know how I feel about her. If anyone knows, you surely do. I love her too much. I'm just scared I can't help her properly or will make everything even worse."

I looked back over at Lin, who was squinting her eyes to watch closely as Jiyeon showed her how to finish off the wickerwork. She was definitely having trouble, and by the look on Jiyeon's face she was definitely studying how Lin was watching her. Analyzing and coming to conclusions within her own head.

"Would I be intruding if I ask a favor?" Sunghoon questioned and awkwardly leaned into the conversation.

"No," Sunoo immediately shook his head, sending Lin a last glance before looking back to the horizon.

"You're just watching the wickerworkers?" Sunghoon questioned and followed my gaze cautiously.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, "just... something about Lin's curse," I excused and shook my head before finally looking up towards Sunghoon, "what favor do you need?"

"In context it seems a bit inappropriate," Sunghoon shook his head quietly.

"No, no. What is it?" I urged and nudged his arm.

"Come along," he murmured and grabbed my hand, exictedly rushing me along to the Captain Quarters.

Inside he immediately pulled me over to the table in the middle of the room. An old box, covered in algae, stood cracked open on the table. A sharp dagger right beside it. Now it suddenly made sense why I hadn't seen Sunghoon all day.

"This is what you have been doing?" I questioned and he immediately nodded in excitement, "where did you even get that box from?"

"I found it of course," he gasped and I arched a brow at him, "I didn't steal it. Relax. Come on," he urged and pulled me over to look into the small box, "found it beside the rowboat the day we went picking fruits with Sunoo and Jiyeon. Been trying to open it ever since."

"So clearly it was difficult to open," I remarked, "so what did you find? A demon? A new curse we can have the joy of?"

"Even better," he grinned widely and reached into the box to pull out a delicate necklace with, "the Prasiolite Necklace," he announced and showed off the small green gem stone dangling in a charm on the chain.

"I'm assuming it's something special by the way you said that," I pointed out and he immediately nodded.

"It has a myth," he grinned.

"Of course it has..." I murmured and sighed before giving him a small nod to continue with the myth.

"As every other pirate-y thing in your mind, there is myths," he gently reminded and I snickered in amusement as I nodded in agreement, "the Prasiolite Necklace is said to be given from lover to lover. This is when one part will be gone for a while and to remind of eternal love. That is because the Prasiolite, the gemstone, is said to help with self-reliance, tranquility and inner strength."

"And little miss Witch is the one who told you that?" I questioned and he immediately shook his head with a small frown.

"Why would she tell me that?" he chuckled in amusement, "it's a common myth on the seas. The necklaces are quite common in treasure chests... but this was the only thing in the box so..."

"It's pretty," I nodded in agreement.

"Will you wear it? As a lover to lover thing?" he questioned hesitantly. I let out a small laugh at how much he looked like a small excited child. I couldn't really say no to him.

"Only because it's you then," I agreed and turned my back to him, moving my hair out of the way.

The femstone was cold against my skin as it landed between my collarbones and the chain draped over and around my neck gently. Getting locked carefully by Sunghoon.

"It suits you," he remarked as I turned back around to him. A small smile lingering on my lips as he kept on starring down at me, "of course it does."

"Try and seem a bit less in love, will you?" I questioned in amusement and he shook his head quietly. Simply sending me a lasting smile until I had found it too much and broken down in a small fit of laughter. Sunghoon following right after me in my amusement.