| 52 |

Dark had already fallen over the city by the time Sunghoon had felt better once again. I had throughout the whole time stood around and glanced around in search of any help, but I didn't dare call over any of the citizens that passed by us.

"Ah, we didn't get everything we needed," Sunghoon complained as we walked down onto the harbour, where I carried all the things we had bought throughout the day.

"Where the hell have you two been?" Jay immediately scolded, marching towards us, the moment he saw us.

"We got caught up in something. Nothing serious, it just took longer than anticipated," Sunghoon quickly excused and carefully helped me down into the rowboat, "it's fine Jay. Don't worry."

"I have reason to worry, we're not leaving this harbour for another two days," Jay remarked and I immediately looked up at Sunghoon, who sent me a nervous stare, "just get in the rowboat, we have to get back home."

Sunghoon carefully sat back down into the rowboat, sitting right up against me. Even through his pants and my skirt I could feel the cold oozing off of him. I was quick to immediately bring his hand over in my lap and hold it tight in both of my hands as a few other swabbies that had been waiting on land with Jay, got into the boat and began rowing us back towards the ship.

"Maybe you should go to bed once we get back," I murmured and Sunghoon glanced down at me, "to rest a bit."

"Will you go to sleep as well?" Sunghoon questioned and I shrugged calmly, "I want you to... please," he whispered and I turned my head to look up at me, "my blanket isn't keeping me warm anymore," he whispered lowly. Quiet enough for me to struggle to hear him over the sound of the swabbies rowing.

"Okay," I nodded quietly and he smiled softly.

Once we got back to the ship all the swabbies got up on the ship before Jay rushed up and extended his hands down to help pull me up as Sunghoon helped from underneath me.

"Go get ready for bed I'll be there in a minute," Sunghoon called out as I got up on the deck.

I immediately turned to look down at him and he grinned at me immediately to assure me it was alright. I quietly nodded and moved towards the food depot and continued through it down into the sleeping chamber. I picked up one of the few oil lamps that stood just beside the door in the sleeping chamber, walking down to the dress room to rid myself of everything but my chemise and undergarments.

It was cold under the deck as I walked back towards the sleeping chamber with the oil lamp in hand. As I entered the sleeping chamber once again Sunghoon immediately turned around from where he sat in his hammock, slipping out of his boots.

"Are you sure you're alright?" I questioned with worry as I wandered over to stand in front of him as he slipped out of his last boot.

"I'm cold," he admitted, snickering slightly before he looked up at me once again, "and I hate to admit it... but now that I'm cold I'm realizing how close I am to dying and it scares me," he admitted and I hummed quietly as I looked down at him, "I was wondering... will you sleep by me in my hammock...? The blanket isn't that warm and-"

"Of course I will," I softly cut him off and he looked up at me, "on the one criteria that you figure out how we lay two in that."

"I already know," he smiled widely and I arched a brow at him, "I've seen Jungwon and Jiyeon do it before, just trust me, alright?"

"Okay..." I murmured and he smiled happily.

I watched in silence as Sunghoon sat down in his hammock, eventually leaning down to spread out the fabric of it.

"Do you prefer sleeping on your back or stomach?" he questioned and I looked at him funnily.

"If it's gonna be all night then it is on the back," I replied and he immediately nodded.

"Then... sit down with your back turned to me, and then... we lay down together and I pull the blanket over both of us," he stated and I just looked at him with raised eyebrows, "it'll work out, I promise."

I hesitantly turned off the oil lamp and did as he had described. Sitting down in between Sunghoon's legs, with my back to him. With a small chuckle he grabbed the blanket and spread it out over my legs in front of me. He carefully wrapped an arm around my waist and tugged me backwards.

I let myself lean back against his chest as he pulled me backwards with him and spread the blanket properly over both of us. Once we finally laid down I couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"What?" Sunghoon questioned with a small chuckle, "what is it?"

"It worked," I remarked and he hummed with a small laugh, "you're ice cold."

"Sorry," he murmured and I felt his nose poke the side of my head as he had turned his head slightly.

"It's fine..." I hummed and grabbed onto my elbows.

"It's alright if you go back to your own hammock if it gets too cold... I just... this is much warmer than usual," he excused quietly and I hummed as I turned my head towards him.

"I don't mind," I reminded him and a small smile played on his lips, "Sunghoon?"

"Mhm?" he hummed quietly as I glanced down at his lips, which nervously was bit down on.

"I'm pretty sure that I love you," I whispered and his smile slowly faltered through the darkness, "you don't have to love me back, I don't have that criteria for you... I just wanted you to know, before... well... you know," I excused and he carefully lifted one of his hands to push away some of my hair.

"I will love you back," he murmured and I snorted in amusement, "I'm serious Soo, I will," he sternly informed and raised both his eyebrows, "I will," he murmured and pressed a kiss to my forehead, "I swear on my dead body that I will."

I hummed lowly before turning my head away from his face once again, placing my hands on my stomach to quietly fiddle with my hands. Slowly, one by one, Sunghoon's hands found my hands on my stomach and held them softly. I didn't mind that they were ice cold, I had learned to find comfort in that cold.