Part 2 Teaser

Three Months Later

I excitedly rushed up to the front of the ship, looking as the ship carefully fit into the tiny harbour back home. Glancing over my shoulder I immediately noticed Sunghoon leaning against the railing, arms crossed over his chest, a small smile resting on his face.

"You have to stay for a bit longer this time," I immediately urged and rushed over to grab onto his elbows softly, "Sunoo promised me that he and Lin would get married once we came back, and he definitely wants Jiyeon to be there, and I want you to be there."

"I'll ask Jay," Sunghoon assured, glancing over towards the helm, "but you know how he is... ever since we lost the other ship and Jungwon... you know it's not the best times..."

"Yeah, but maybe this is the happiness you guys all need," I excused and he smiled softly down at me.

"You get on land and greet the two love doves and I'll go talk with Jay," Sunghoon urged and pushed himself away from the railing, "I'll go on land with you later in the evening, alright?"

"Okay," I hummed quietly and smiled sickly before wandering down to where Jiyeon was helping one of the other crewmembers let down the ramp to the boatbridge in the harbour.

Lately Jiyeon had lost her small spark as well, I was fully convinced that it was because of how we had lost the ship and Jungwon no longer was in his position. However, Sunghoon claimed it had something to do with how she and Jungwon tend to match their energies with one another. This had meant that since Jungwon was bummed with being reduced from his captain spot on the other ship, Jiyeon was bummed about such as well.

I sent her an apologetic smile as I passed her down the ramp and she only smiled softly in return. It was more genuine and happy than it had been the past few days, which must mean improvement.

Yet, I had barely even gotten down onto the boat bridge before both Lin and Sunoo had run towards me. I grinned widely and ran to meet them, only to realize they weren't smiling at me. Instead they were frowning and almost looked mad.

"We have to get you away fast as possible," Sunoo rushed and I frowned over at him as he grabbed my wrist and started dragging me along the boat bridge, "if anything we can stage it so they had kidnapped you."

"What?" I questioned immediately and raised both my eyebrows at him.

"They have a warrant out for the whole crew's arrest," Lin breathed out and I widened my eyes at her, "not you. Just them... all of them."

"But I can't just leave," I whispered and shook my head.

"Soo this isn't about their lives and what's gonna happen to them, this is about you. We need to get you away from the ship so people won't be chasing you as well," Sunoo pleaded, "please. I don't want you to get involved in anything... they catch you with the crew and you get an immediate death sentence."

"Death sentence?" I whispered in shock and immediately looked up towards the ship, "I can't let them get caught Sunoo."

"And I can't let you get caught with them," Sunoo shook his head, "Lin go up and explain everything to them, I'm taking Soomin back home."

Without a word Lin nodded and rushed towards the ramp and straight up it. Meanwhile, Sunoo continued to pull me along and desperately tug on my arm.

"I need to say my goodbyes," I quickly snapped around to look at Sunoo.

"If you're lucky you'll see them again in three months. Now do yourself a favor and act like you've just been rescued from a pirate ship that treats you like shit," Sunoo urged and I looked at him in disbelief.

The disbelief had apparently been enough to weaken my will and caused for me to easily get dragged a good part up the hill towards the bakery. When I looked back once again Lin had come marching right up from the harbour as I saw the ramp get lifted once again and the ship get pushed out from the harbour by a few crewmen that was quick to crawl back up their ropes.

"They're already leaving," I murmured in shock as Sunoo stopped outside the bakery and rushed to push me inside.

"Are you insane? Of course they are. Would you stay here if your head was wanted on a pole?" Sunoo scolded as he pushed me into the bakery and pulled out a chair for me to sit down immediately.

"I didn't... they're... but..." I kept on trailing off and cutting my sentences short before looking over at Sunoo with a blank expression.

Somewhere I heard the door open and Lin's footsteps echo out as I continued to just sit and stare at Sunoo with both confusion and disappointment covering my face.

"Get the papers for her Lily," Sunoo murmured and Lin immediately rushed around before eventually returning to hand Sunoo a few different papers, "here... their wanted lists."

Sunoo calmly extended a stack of papers that was slightly bent and curled. Placing them in my lap, Jiyeon's face starring straight up at me. 

When I didn't touch the papers Sunoo resorted to move the papers for me. First Jiyeon, then Jay, somehow Jake was there as well, Jungwon too, lastly it was Sunghoon.

"He has the highest reward Soo," Sunoo murmured and looked at me with worry, "I get that you love him and all, but he's the one they want dead more than anything... he is dangerous."

"No he's not," I whispered quietly and Sunoo sighed heavily before turning his head and looking over at Lin.

"Help me darling, won't you?" Sunoo pleaded and Lin moved a bit in her spot by the tables, leaning against them, "get her to understand how dangerous he is."

"Soomin... they don't put that high rewards on people unless they've killed multiple and is seen as a threat to whoever he comes by," Lin softly spoke, "he is dangerous."

"I don't care how much he seems to love you or not. He is dangerous and if I let you see him again he'll end up killing you too," Sunoo sternly spoke.

"But that was before the curse," I insisted and snapped my head to look straight at Sunoo, "he hasn't killed anyone after the curse got broken. I broke the curse. The curse could only break if he loved me back. He isn't dangerous!"

"Soomin!" Sunoo exclaimed loudly and I fell speechless, never had he raised his voice at me like that, "what the hell are you even talking about? A curse?! I'm worried for you! Can't you see it? You sail off with some extremely dangerous pirate for three months and then you start rambling about some curse!"

"It is true!" I defended.

"Just... we're not taking this right now. Just go up and get some rest," Sunoo sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "go up and sleep."

I let out a loud huff before abruptly standing up, letting the papers in my lap fall to the floor and sprawl around. My footsteps were fast and loud as I marched over to the stairs and straight up to the second floor.

Release date: June 4, 2023