E.2

On the morning of the 18th of June the bakery was closed and the cakes Sunoo had baked was packed down in Soomin's usual bread basket, she would carry that to the Yang residence in town for the occasion. Sunoo, however, was going to carry the frosting he had prepared for the cake. Half of the sugar Jiyeon had provided the bakery with had been put into the frosting, the other half had been used in the cakes. As per request.

"Good thing it's held at the Yang house," Sunoo remarked as he locked off the bakery. Soomin waiting impatiently for him a few steps behind him, "shorter walk."

"Yeah," Soomin sighed and looked down the street, at the end of which the Yang residency laid, "at the edge of town with one of the dreamiest backyards you could ever imagine."

"I heard it was quite nice, yes," Sunoo nodded and picked up the smaller basket he had filled with decorating supplies. A small frown on his face as he let the bakery key drop into the front pocket of his nicest waistcoat, "especially at this time of year. I could imagine it looked quite nice."

"Shame we won't be allowed out in it," Soomin hummed quietly in agreement, walking alongside Sunoo down the street - which was mainly quiet due to the large gathering rushing towards the church. The bells already tolling somewhere nearby.

"You never know," Sunoo shrugged, "it is the Yangs and not the Parks that's having the reception. The Parks may not even have a say in it."

"I heard Lin would be there too," Soomin remarked and looked smugly at Sunoo, hoping to change the subject as fast as possible.

"Is that so?" Sunoo happily questioned and Soomin immediately nodded with a small smile, "do you think I could talk to her?"

"The moment she hears you've made the cake she'd have to pay her compliments to you directly, in the kitchen," Soomin grinned widely and walked up the steps to the Yang residence.

The door was quickly opened and they were ushered in with no further questioning. After all the Yang family was also very trustworthy and repeating costumers of Soomin's morning bread routes. Buying a loaf every Wednesday.

"This is the kitchen. Do whatever you have to do to get the cake ready," mrs. Yang quickly excused and gently nudged Soomin and Sunoo into quite a large kitchen, throwing her shawl over her shoulders in the movement as well, "we'll be gone for the church during the next hour. If you need anything else for the cake, take whatever you need in the cupboards. My daughter is staying here with her son and a few of the other kids in the family. I don't want them in the church. Anything else?"

"It's just fine mrs. Yang," Soomin smiled assuringly, "you go and worry about your son doing alright and we'll make sure a cake is ready for you back here."

"Alright, okay... thank you," mrs. Yang nodded before rushing off.

Sunoo and Soomin shared a knowing glance before starting to set up all their things on the kitchen table. Sunoo organizing everything into the way he preferred it while Soomin found everything for him. As the hour slowly passed Sunoo started his making of the last batch of frosting and listened as guests filed into the backyard.

"Will you go take a peek at the colour of the dress Jiyeon's wearing?" Sunoo questioned and Soomin nodded. You see, back then it wasn't fashionable with a white wedding dress yet - that would only become fashion ten years later when Queen Victoria wore her own white wedding dress.

Soomin didn't even get to exit the kitchen before a small knock was on the door and a happy face peeked in. Almost immediately Sunoo had let out a coo once he looked over and saw his costumer with a wide grin on her face.

"You're looking beautiful as ever miss," Sunoo remarked.

"Mrs," Jiyeon happily reminded and Sunoo immediately nodded in acceptance of his mistake.