E.3

In July of 1830 things started to escalate slightly. Jiyeon had moved into the Yang estate, which she and Jungwon would inherit only a few years later (but back then, they didn't know that yet). Soomin was disappointed by not seeing Jiyeon anymore whenever she went around and sold bread. Seeing as mr. Yang insisted on buying the bread and never letting Jiyeon do such a thing, because she was a woman.

17th of July, 1830, was the date that things started to go the way as they tend to do when you're deeply in love. A small sigh of disappointment escaped Soomin, as if on routine, when she knocked on the door to the Park house, taking a few steps down from the front stairs, waiting for her usual costumers to open the door. A disappointment that soon was replaced by a small smile.

"Good morning sir! Fancy a newly baked loaf of bread, still warm," Soomin grinned widely before she looked up at Sunghoon, "oh no..."

"What?" he chuckled in amusement as he looked over the loaves in her basket, "am I not allowed to buy bread from you?"

"Your parents don't want you to talk to me," Soomin sighed, knowing that if his parents saw the two of them talk together it would be blamed on her - despite Sunghoon initiating the conversation.

"Can't I come see you later?" Sunghoon questioned and picked out a loaf before starting to pat down his pockets for any of the change he was carrying on him. Soomin pursed her lips and turned her side to him, letting him drop the change into her small pouch.

"Will you take the blame yourself?" Soomin questioned quietly and Sunghoon immediately nodded in return, "the dock is pretty empty these days. Most ships are out of town and no new deliveries before next week."

"So... I'll see you at the dock today?" he slowly let a grin grow on his face before Soomin nodded mindlessly and threw her cloth over the bread once again, hoping to contain a bit of their warmth, "when?"

"At noon?" Soomin offered before sending Sunghoon a smug smile.

"I'll plan a fake visit to Jiyeon," Sunghoon nodded with a small smile, "I said I would be keeping an eye on Jungwon anyways."

"Alright," Soomin nodded with a small smile, "I'll see you then, Hoon."

Sunghoon looked after her with a smitten smile as he watched her leave the steps in front of his house. Soomin turning around at the foot of the stairs and sending him her usual smile. The smile she only smiled at him, and only ever had and ever will smile at him. It always made his heart flutter so.

With a few more stops Soomin easily sold out of her bread with a happy smile on her face. Secretly looking forward to noon, where she would meet up with Sunghoon at the dock. The bakery always closed at noon and Sunoo would start making the dough for next morning's batch of loaves.

By the time it came to noon Soomin locked the front entrance to the bakery, which were mostly used by costumers and rarely by Sunoo and Soomin themselves. Upon having locked the door she wandered out through the back and through the kitchen, where Sunoo stood kneading the dough quietly.

"I'll go run a few errands," Soomin excused as she rushed over to the back entrance.

"Do they start with S?" Sunoo chuckled in amusement, but he never got an answer.

Soomin merely rolled her eyes and rushed out of the bakery and down towards the dock. Pulling up in her skirt to make it easier for her to run down towards the water. On one of the empty bridges she sat down on the edge and looked out over the waves, eventually just closing her eyes to listen to the waves speak to her.

"What are they whispering to you today?" a voice questioned as a presence loomed over Soomin's back.

"That... hold on," Soomin let a smile spread on her face, "souls are created to fit together, but their lives rarely plan out according to the soul's benefit."