| 36 |

"Sunghoon?" I questioned quietly after having heard my name getting called out in the black of the night, "Sunghoon! Please!"

I tugged and struggled with the chains around my wrists while I kept trying to get closer to the railing. Even digging my heels into the mast to try and push myself away and out of the cuffs, but it didn't work.

"Soomin?" his voice was much clearer and healthier than mine was. I was guessing that they either avoided the rain pour or he had been under deck when it had passed them.

A breath of relief escaped me as I heard footsteps up the ramp, and I was assured that I didn't need to try and continue calling out for him.

When Sunghoon had reached the top of the ramp and stepped onto deck he had initially scanned the deck, without showing any sign of having seen me. It was only when I pulled on the chains once more his gaze lowered and he let his eyes scan the deck before his eyes fell on me.

"Soomin?" he questioned once more and I only arched a brow at him in disbelief.

"Help me, will you?" I questioned through my hoarse voice, making him pull his hands up from his pockets and rush over to kneel down by me.

Immediately he lifted my face up towards the moonlight, two of his fingers directing my chin for my head to move. I let out a small sigh as he only frowned at me.

"You know... in the future you could be a bit more direct in what you want us to do," he remarked and I tugged on my chains once again, "okay, okay. Let me help," he urged and grabbed the cuffs around my wrists and pulled them over towards him.

"I lost your dagger," I whispered and he shook his head with a small chuckle as he got out another small dagger, which he inserted in the keyhole of one of my cuffs.

"I don't care," he assured with a small laugh, "you seem to be alright, that's kinda what I care about the most right now," he excused before he lifted his head and paused what he was doing with the lock, "they didn't do anything to you, did they?"

"Besides cuffing me to the mast in pouring rain, no," I shook my head quietly, "and feeding me the most disgusting food I had ever seen."

"I'll make sure you get the biggest portion of breakfast tomorrow," he assured and I smiled slightly as he looked back down at the lock, making a few clicks come from the cuff as he somehow managed to loosen it a bit around my wrist, "try and pull your hand out."

He held tightly onto the cuff as I pulled my hand to myself, letting it slide straight out of the cuff.

"How many damn times do you guys need to be told we literally own her?" Jake's voice questioned and I heard a sword getting pulled.

"He's been out drinking," I whispered to Sunghoon, whose back stiffened while he only moved his eyes to look up at me through his lashes, "you were better than him, remember?"

"And if I die?" Sunghoon whispered as I grabbed the dagger from his hand and jabbing it down into the lock of my last cuff, "what happens if I die?"

"You won't," I sternly reminded him, "you still have something to fight for, don't you?"

"What?" he frowned slightly and I glanced at him, hesitating a bit before answering.

"Me," I shortly replied and directed my eyes back down on the lock before I could see his reaction.

I quietly jerked the knife around in the lock, trying to get it unlocked while Sunghoon's figure sat still, eventually rising up onto its feet.

"Just let us take her with us. You don't have any use for her anyways," Sunghoon calmly spoke up as I pursed my lips.