| 32 |

A few days passed since Sunghoon and I was on the island, and we were still barely able to move because of the wind being in the wrong direction.

"Ship in the distance!" a lookout called out one day when I had sat with Jiyeon doing whickwork and sorting through the mangos and banana figs Sunghoon and I had brought back.

I had kept an eye on Sunghoon the last few days, he looked to be back to his usual self, but I couldn't help but feel like he looked paler than usual.

"Did he just say another ship?" Jiyeon questioned and turned to me, making me immediately nod at her.

"Ji!" Jungwon's voice called out from the helm and Jiyeon immediately looked up towards him, "get down under deck!"

Jiyeon immediately nodded before getting up and rushing up to where Jungwon stood, quickly whispering something to him that caused both of them to smile slightly, before Jiyeon glanced up towards the sea and rushed down under the deck.

"You need to go down with her too," a voice right behind me spoke up and I quickly turned to look at Sunghoon, "go, Soomin."

"Why?" I questioned in confusion as he pulled me up from where I sat.

"If they have malicious intents the last thing they should find is you girls," he sternly spoke and I frowned before glancing over his shoulder and towards the nearing ship, "please go... I don't want something to happen to you."

I quietly nodded before looking back at him, nodding slowly and he nodded as well before softly pushing me in the direction of the lower deck. I glanced back once to look at Sunghoon, before walking down the stairs. He seemed very focused on the nearing ship, almost as if he was worried.

"Yeon?" I called out as I reached the sleeping chamber.

"Over here!" Jiyeon's voice replied and I quietly followed it towards a corner, "we should go down and get changed to look like part of the crew."

"But it just looked like the Flottante," I pointed out and she looked at me with a weird expression, "what? We've already talked with them, they're not that dangerous."

"Not on land," she shook her head at me, "when ships are at harbour there's a silent agreement that you do not scavenge or fight the other ship. When at sea, the rules are different."

"There's voices down here!" a voice called out and Jiyeon widened her eyes at me.

"Run," she hurriedly whispered and set into a run.

I quickly tried to run after her, easily missing her in the many hallways. I was abruptly stopped in my running when someone had grabbed my waist and pulled me backwards.

"Hello there pretty lady," a crusty voice commented and I immediately tried to get out of the grip by kicking and hitting backwards to absolutely no avail.

Soon enough my eyes were met by the blinding light up on deck once again, the moment my eyes had adjusted to the light I was immediately met by both Jungwon and Jay who looked like they simply wanted to die, meanwhile Sunghoon just looked like he was slightly disappointed.

"Two pretty ladies down under deck," the man carrying me announced before almost throwing me over towards the rest of the crew, immediately getting caught by Jay who helped me before I fell, "the other is still running around down under."

"Jiyeon?" Jungwon immediately whispered as I adjusted my skirt and dusted it off while glaring at the man who had carried me up one deck agains.

"We didn't reach the dress room," I shook my head quietly and he immediately began chewing on his bottom lip while a frown grew on his face.