| 49 |

Jiyeon had taken it upon herself to wrap up Jungwon's waist, after we had removed most of the scab of his wound, cleaned it up to the best of our ability and for Jiyeon to sew it up - as she had deemed the gash to be at a weird depth. 

I glanced unsurely to Jay, who was busy dabbing Jungwon's forehead with a cold cloth to keep down any possible fever he might get, now that he almost had fainted from his injury.

"Jungwon?" Jiyeon softly called out, having noticed how his eyes had stopped fluttering and now were squinted open to look at her.

"Hm?" Jungwon hummed quietly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she whispered softly as she patted down the recent pull of bandage she had laid, "is it that hard to ask me for help?"

"You would've worried," Jungwon murmured quietly and weakly shook his head, it almost looked like a small smile was playing on his lips.

"We could have prevented this, you should've told me before," Jiyeon lightly scolded, "how long have you been covering it?"

"When did we get Soomin back from the Flottante?" he chuckled slightly before abruptly wincing and Jiyeon sighed as she pursed her lips at him.

"You can't just ignore the pain and assume everything will be fine, Jungwon," Jiyeon reminded sternly.

"I thought it would be fine, Ji," Jungwon sighed slightly as his exhale wheezed of pain.

"You've been trying to deal with this yourself?" Jiyeon questioned and took a step back from him as he slowly nodded, "Jungwon this is serious! You are not fine, that is not fine!"

"I didn't think it was that bad," Jungwon excused quietly.

"You didn't think it was that bad?!" she exclaimed at him, "did you even look at it! This does not look fucking fine!"

"Jiyeon," Jay sternly spoke up.

"No! He should've told me when it happened!" Jiyeon exclaimed in despair, "he should've told me!"

"Jiyeon, he is fine. He just needs rest. He is not on the verge of dying," Jay sternly reminded and let the cold cloth rest on Jungwon's head, "discuss it with him when he's feeling better."

Abruptly Jiyeon let go of the bandage before taking a few steps back and crouching down on the deck, holding both her hands up in front of her face as her shoulders began shaking. Jay just stared down at her and I quickly turned over my shoulder.

"Sunghoon?" I called out and he hummed, having stood at a distance and watched us closely, "will you...?" I trailed off and nodded to Jiyeon as I walked over to where she had stood just moments before.

Immediately Sunghoon had nodded and rushed over to Jiyeon, crouching down by her and whispering something as he carefully got her to her feet, holding onto her shoulders and walking her somewhere else.

"She's just a bit distraught right now," I excused to Jungwon as I continued on bandaging his waist.

"This is why I didn't tell her," Jungwon whispered and I glanced up at his face, "I didn't want to be a burden."

"I think you would've been less of a burden if you just got it treated right away, instead of letting it get to this point," I softly excused and tied off the bandage before pulling his shirt down over the bandage, "now I suppose Jay will help you down to your bed."

"Yeah," Jay nodded and threw the cloth at me, "let the medical box be, I'll pack it away for you. I think Sunghoon has been impatient with waiting on you."

"Thanks," I whispered and grabbed the cloth, rushing down under the deck to let it hang and dry along with some of the other clothes.

It was first when I actually spread out the cloth over the thin string that I felt the exhaustion in my legs and arms. It wasn't like I had been standing or using my arms more than usual in the past hour, where I've helped treating Jungwon. It was just the mental exhaustion of constantly making sure everything was going alright and that he wasn't uncomfortable.

As I stepped out from the drying room I dried my hands off in my skirt before accidentally bumping into something soft.

"Sorry," I murmured and was about to step around the person, who just chuckled in return.

"You're quite tired, huh," Sunghoon's voice commented and I looked up before eventually just nodding, "let's just sit in my hammock then," he urged and nodded for me to follow after him.

I quietly followed after him as he grabbed onto my hand and tugged me along. He sat down in his hammock, angling it so that he could lean back comfortably. Waving and patting the spot beside him to get me to sit down.

"You did well," he assured quietly as I sat down after having sweeped my skirt properly under my butt, "you were calm."

"I'm tired," I murmured and he hummed quietly before I turned my head to look at him, "why are you looking at me like that?"

"I know it's a weird thing to think right now," he started off and I frowned slightly - not sure if he could see my frown, "especially considering that it just took you to help treat Jungwon for me to realize. But I think we would make a pretty good couple," he remarked and I snorted at him before looking away from him once again, "I'm serious."

"Oh yeah?" I questioned and he proudly hummed with a nod, "and what do you base that thought on?"

"You look pretty when you're concentrated on something, I like admiring how pretty you are when you're concentrated on something," he casually shrugged before smiling down at me, "makes just fine sense, doesn't it?"

"Immensely," I hummed before letting out a small laugh.

"No... but in all seriousness," he announced and I looked back at him, "I know sometimes you have a hard time keeping calm when in situations like that, but you did so well at keeping calm just now... I'm pretty good at just being calm in general. So maybe I can be what grounds you when you're beside yourself."

"Sounds nice," I nodded at him, "how's Jiyeon?"

"She's fine," he assured quietly, "she's sitting by Jungwon right now. She just... she has never had to treat more than a small cut on a finger on Jungwon, in the four years she's been here. It was quite harsh on her having to treat such a big wound on him."

"Is he alright?" I continued and Sunghoon glanced down at me.

"He will be," he nodded in assurance, "when Jay bought Jungwon down he was very much focused on where Jiyeon is and if she's alright or mad at him. They'll be fine, Jiyeon is just very worried and Jungwon feels very guilty."

"Promise to tell me if you're injured, alright?" I questioned as I turned my head to look at him completely. A small smile rested on his face as he turned his head back to look at me, folding his hands on his stomach as he just stared down at me, "tell me."

"I will," he hummed quietly, giving me a small nod as well.

"Ugh I'm tired," I murmured as it was followed up by a small yawn.

"You can go to bed if you'd like. You need rest after all," he reminded and I nodded quietly, stretching my arms up above my head before they fell back down to rest on my stomach as well, "I'll fall in love," he murmured as an assurance, probably mostly for himself than it was for me.

"We'll see," I hummed quietly, picking at my nails. I knew that if he didn't suceed in falling in love with me before the end of the week I would have him kill me, and this time it'll actually suceed.