| 5 |

At exactly six in the evening a series of knocks were on the door to the bakery, pulling Lin and Sunoo out of their own little cutesy world as they were packing the bread up in the baskets for me to carry.

I quietly opened the door, looking up at Sunghoon, who just looked pissed to be there. His tongue was already poking out in his cheek as he extended a leather pouch towards me.

"Are you sure I shouldn't do the delivery?" Sunoo questioned as I walked over and emptied the pouch on the table, counting through the coins that spilled out.

"It'll be fine," I nodded at him, glancing up to see him already looking at Sunghoon with suspicion, "I'll be back before you know it."

Sunoo only hummed as he sent Sunghoon another glare, pushing both baskets of bread across the table. I was quick to shove a basket into Sunghoon's hands before grabbing a basket for myself and wandeirng outside.

It was awfully quiet between Sunghoon and I as we both wandered beside one another, down onto the harbour. The boy from earlier stood waiting by the railings on the ship, watching as Sunghoon and I walked down to board the ship and hand over the bread.

"Oh it looks good," the boy commented and I only nodded as I pulled the cloths off both baskets, which had been placed a top of a big wooden box.

Happily I glanced around on the ship, watching as crewmembers rushed around and worked, scrubbing teh deck and fixing ropes everywhere. It was all busy and buzzing, like a beehive.

"Do you have anywhere to store the bread? I need to take the baskets and cloths back to the bakery," I excused and the boy immediately nodded, waving for me to follow him with the baskets.

He had grabbed one himself before wandering down some stairs and into what looked like a food storage room. There were boxes and wooden barrels, fabric bags, all most likely filled with food.

"We can just place them on the shelf here," the boy excused and pushed a few bags aside and began stacking the bread.

"Jungwon!" a voice yelled out and the boy immediately snapped his head to the deck above him.

"Seems like I have to go do my job. You can just leave once you've finished stacking these," the boy smiled. I suppose his name was Jungwon then.

I smiled at him before watching him rush back up on deck while continuing to stack the bread in front of me. Above me I could hear yells and feel the ship squealch back and forth a bit, almost causing me to lose my balance as I focused on trying to stack the bread properly.

A small sigh escaped me as I placed the last bread in place and grabbed both baskets and the cloths before wandering back up on deck. 

What I was met with was utter chaos, crewmen running around everywhere, yelling and screaming at each other. Meanwhile someone accidentally bumped into me causing the two baskets and checkered cloths to fly out of my hand and over the railing.

With a small gasp I rushed back to the railing and looked at the two baskets as they drifted towards shore, but that was also around the same tim I realized that something was very wrong. The ship wasn't at shore anymore.

Instead the shore was filled with people lined with weapons and aiming at the ship, and they were moving further anf further away as the island became more and more distant to me.

"Sunoo," I murmured in shock as I began running around, trying to find either Jungwon or Sunghoon, but both seemed to have gone invisible to me.

I frantically began running around on deck like everyone else, even when everything seemed to settle down the moment the wind had caught onto the sails properly and moved the ship forward and further out onto the sea.

I needed to get back to shore, and I needed to get back to Sunoo right now. 

Before I got any chance to jump overboard and swim my way back to shore, someone had grabbed onto my arm, and it surely wasn't any of the two faces I knew of. Instead it was a complete stranger who had grabbed onto my arm.

"Woman aboard!" the voice of the person roared out and the ship fell silent as another man rushed forward and looked at me in bewilderment, "she's been running aroudn on deck captain."

"Where did you come from?" the captain frowned at me, looking me up and down, "you're not one of us."

"I sure hope not," I retorted as I tried to pull my arm from the grip of the man, "get me back to shore."

"That's not gonna happe any time soon," the captrain shook his head in amusement.

"She brought up the bread," Jungwon hurriedly pushed forward.

"Well, she can't stay," Sunghoon piped up from somewhere in the group, "women at sea brings bad luck."

"It does not," Jungwon called back with clear frustration on his face.

"You only say that because you're allowed to have little miss carpenter running around," Sunghoon retorted as he pushed forward in the group.

"Call me that again and I make sure to amputate your foot in your sleep," a female voice called out and my eyes immediately directed to halfway up the mast, where a girl clearly sat with her brown skirt dangling over the edge of a look-out post.

As if it was nothing for her she quickly crawled down and marched through the group and up to poke Sunghoon's chest harshly.

"If you don't appreciate the shit I do around here I suggest you do it instead of me, either that or you could stop going around and getting yourself into fights, as far as I recall I was the one who managed to save your sight on your left eye," she hissed at him.

For someone who barely towered up to his shoulder she sure didn't budge at his glare. Her hair had gone dark brown from her time on the ship and constantly being out in the bright sun. It was pulled back in some sloppy ponytail that caused her hair to look almost curly meanwhile short bangs, grown down to her ears, had refused to get pulled back. 

"Now if I can be here, she sure as hell can as well. I need some other female here," the girl hissed in return, "I need someone who at least has ahold of their senses unlike you barbars."

The last few sentences had been snapped at the crew before she turned around and smiled at me, as if she hadn't just scolded each and everyone on board.

"I'm Jeong Jiyeon," she smiled widely and extended her hand towards me, causing her white chemise to bunch up at her shoulder and reveal the opposite collarbone a bit more.

"Mae Soomin," I murmured and shook her hand in return.

"I suggest you to ignore the lads," she started and Sunghoon immediately gaped at her, "most of them just think about violence and gold. The most sensible ones here are Jungwon and Jay."

"Captain," the captain corrected and Jiyeon only nodded.

"Captain Jay," she corrected herself with pursed lips, "you can stay here, and if anyone tries to throw you aboard just call out for me."

"You're the least threatening person on this ship," Sunghoon snorted and within seconds the girl had a dagger held to his chin.

I don't know where the dagger came from or how she had managed to do the movement so fast with cutting Sunghoon in any way. She had done it so effortlessly and without even looking. It had only caused a small snicker to grow on Sunghoon's face as he calmly moved the dagger away from his chin and Jiyeon shoved it back to where she had gotten it from.

"We have an empty hammock beside the food depot, I'm sure Sunghoon will show you to it," Jiyeon pointed out and looked bitter sweetly at Sunghoon.

"Since when do I take orders from the carpenter?" Sunghoon snorted as I just glanced between him and Jiyeon, noting the way they both were glaring at each other.

"You do it because it's also an order from me," Jungwon corrected and Sunghoon looked at him in disbelief while Jiyeon only smiled in satisfaction.

There was something going on between those three that I couldn't exactly decipher. But I guess I would have to ask with time.