| 38 |

I quietly wandered up onto deck in the morning, knowing that the ship had already taken off once again, by how I had been able to hear the waves crash aganist the sides of the ship and my hammock had swung back and forth due to the waves.

"Soo!" a happy voice exclaimed as I moved up on deck and within moment I was hugged tightly by Jiyeon, who immediately pushed me out in arms length and grinned widely at me.

Her hair was divided into two dutch braids, cascading down between her shoulderblades. I suppose when I had heard her last night she had been in male disguise.

"And you even have your earrings still!" she happily clapped her hands, "god I've missed having you around! I completely forgot what a hard time some of these man gave me," she sighed and placed her hands on her hips as she shook her head in disbelief, "wonderful to have a girl back with me."

"We have saved a plate of breakfast for you," Jungwon piped up as he wandered over to us, a smile plastered onto his face. I couldn't figure out if he was happy to see me of if it was just the usual "Jiyeon Syndrome" that had caused the smile on his face, "Sunghoon hyung insisted on making a plate for you this morning, for when you eventually woke up. Saying something about having to let you sleep for as long as possible."

"Been real weird that one," Jiyeon hummed as she crossed her arms and glanced up towards the helm, where a dark clad figure was standing with his back turned and Jay was laughing in between his own words, "all stressed. His curse backlashed at him a few times and then this morning, poof," she commented and snapped her fingers, "as if nothing ever happened."

"What she's trying to say is, we think he missed your presence," Jungwon clarified and I hummed quietly as I squinted my eyes up towards where Sunghoon stood.

"Come on, I'll get your breakfast for you," Jiyeon grinned widely and waved for me to follow after her, before she grabbed my wrist and tugged me along.

I ripped my eyes away from Sunghoon just when he was turning around towards the rest of the deck. I quickly had directed my eyes to Jiyeon's back as she pulled me over to another wooden box, sitting down on top of it and pushing a plate over towards me.

"He cut a lot of fruit for you," she shrugged before chuckling at me, "even gave you some of his from what I caught... I think he's taking a liking towards you."

"Maybe," I shrugged and sat down beside her, placing the plate in my lap as I smiled slightly, "do we have any water aboard?" I questioned and she nodded at me.

"The already de-salted water or...?" she trailed off and I snickered.

"Of course the de-salted water, I'm gonna drink it," I reminded her and she nodded before immediately jumping up from where she sat.

"We also have liquor if you'd like," she reminded with a small laugh and I only shook my head, "water it is!"

I watched as Jiyeon wandered off across the deck once again and I watched her in amusement, shoving a neatly cut piece of fig into my mouth. It was nice to be back on the Bloody Jack, despite the majority of the crew scowling at me.

There was just something different about the business on the Bloody Jack than there was on the Flottante. This seemed so much calmer, and like everyone actually enjoyed being there, except for the few who was in the top of the hierachy. No complaints, no punishments, everyone seemed sorta healthy actually.

"Un cup of aqua for le lady," Jiyeon happily cooed as she handed a cup to me, having returned without me noticing.

"Thank you," I whispered and sniffled slightly before taking a small sip of the cup, "this is nice."

"The weather?" Jiyeon questioned and I shook my head at her.

"Being back," I corrected her with a small smile before eventually realizing what I had said and a small pang of guilt spread through my chest.

"You won't notice it once you see Sunoo again," she assured softly and nudged me with her elbow, "trust me," she assured, probably having seen how my smile fell, "you wouldn't want to leave him again. I'm sure of it."

"I'd like to think that I wouldn't," I nodded at her, "but I'm not sure about it."

"No no, you wouldn't want to leave him again, he was the best person you ever met. You've said so yourself," she reminded and I nodded quietly, "why throw it all away?"

I didn't answer her, knowing it was a rhethorical question and not one I needed to answer. Not that I actually had an answer.

"I miss him," I whispered and she nodded at me, patting my back softly.

"I know you do," she muttered quietly, "but... after we go to Isle de la Mort I convinced Jungwon to let us sail back and drop you off."

"How long will it have been by then?" I questioned and she shrugged quietly.

"About two months," she excused and I nodded quietly, "why?"

"He must think I'm dead," I quietly realized, "what if... what if the business had to close because he thought I was dead? What does he do then? He must be living on the street then, we wouldn't be able to afford rent."

"By the sounds of how you've described him to me... there must be someone in town who will let him stay with him while he mourns, won't you think?" Jiyeon questioned calmly, almost giving me a shrug.

With Jiyeon's words my mind immediately travelled to Lin, but would her dad let him stay with them? Knowing that his daughter was fancying the poor baker in town.