| 2.24 |

At night I had found myself awake long after Sunghoon had fallen asleep. Laying on my back and staring straight up. My hands were folded over my stomach, as if the casual position woul make me come up with something. Even the rustling in covers beside me weren't enough to affect me. I stayed in silence and only blinked in return.

"Are you just gonna lay like that all night?" Sunghoon whispered quietly. I had thought he was asleep, "because it is getting odd with you just laying like that. Are you possessed or something?"

"No..." I muttered in return, having Sunghoon hoist himself up on his elbows beside me. His glance directed straight at my face.

"Then what? Is something bothering you?" 

"Just thinking..."

"About what?"

"I just am."

Sunghoon was quiet for a few seconds, but it was long enough for me to finally look away from the knot in the wood above me, which my eyes had been trained on for so long, and look at Sunghoon. His lips looked to be pursed as he stared down at me.

"Can I help you?" I questioned.

"Go to sleep. That would actually help quite a lot," he nodded as he widened his eyes, "relax, perhaps. A lot of things would help actually. Maybe you should tell me what you were thinking about."

"Why won't you tell me what you and Jay are planning?" I sighed and he went quiet as he kept staring down at me.

"I love you, Soomin, but you won't tell me everything going on between you and Sunoo either," he reminded, "and you don't need to know everything going on between Jay and I."

"I just feel like you're hiding something from me," I pointed out and he shook his head quietly.

"It's nothing. We're just trying to figure out where we can sail safely, with no worries of being arrested, or haunted or anything of that sorts... it's not exactly an easy job," he chuckled and gently brushed some of my hair out of my face, "now, stop worrying. We know what we're doing. We're just trying to keep you and Sunoo and Lin as safe as possible."

"I don't wanna go back home. Drop Sunoo and Lin off, but I don't wanna leave again," I admitted and his small smile turned into a look of wonder once he added a frown to it, "I don't have anything to come for in the bakery. I don't want to go back to it. I want to stay here."

"Are you sure?" he questioned and I nodded quietly, fidling with the blanket between my fingers, "why would you-"

"I never wanted to leave in the first place. I only went back home because of Sunoo. But now he knows what I am doing and I don't need to know what happens back home after he and Lin marries. I know he'll be happy then."

"But Soo... you're not a pirate," he reminded in amusement.

"I'm as good as by now," I defended, "I have the earrings."

"As much as you have amazed me in the past, you're not capable of killing someone if needed," he gently reminded with a small laugh, "you're too kind to do that."

"I can defend myself with a sword," I quickly retorted.

"And you're mighty good at it, you just can't kill if necessary," he repeated once more.

"I don't see why that would be important," I shook my head and he nodded before falling back down beside me, shoving an arm under his head as he looked over towards me.

"My point exactly," he nodded with a small smile on his face, smiling even wider when I turned my head to look at him, "now get some sleep, Love."

"How's your back?" I whispered and he shook his head quietly.

"Go to sleep."

"How is your back?" I repeated and he let out another small laugh at me, reaching an arm over to pull me over towards him.

"If you are so curious, check for yourself. It doesn't hurt, but I do want you to sleep," he reminded and I nodded quietly, "and I mean properly sleep. Not the one you've been compensating with lately, where you just close your eyes and trick yourself to think you're sleeping. Just because you want to be awake in case something happens to me. If anything happens while you sleep, I will wake you up. Got it?"

"I am just worried," I excused as I snuck my arm over his waist and reached my legs down to tangle them with his.

"And I keep telling you not to worry," he reminded.

Quietly I let my hand trace over onto his back, letting my fingers slide over the lacerations that were healing up. They were like small bumps with rough edges, running across his back in both directions and crossing over each other. Not once did he grimace.

"I told you I was fine," he chuckled in amusement, "now get some sleep," he murmured and pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

I nodded as his head turned a bit away and he closed his eyes. I laid with open eyes for a big longer. Letting my fingers continue to trace his wounds for a few more seconds, finally allowing my eyes to close and find comfort in his warmth and slightly sea-salty scent. 

I tightened my grip just a bit more. Enjoying the silence, the comfort, and the reassurance. He was somehow alright, somehow returning to his old self despite our rocky start. It was all so calm and quiet, for a few minutes at least. A few minutes before it sounded like bloody murder out on the deck.

"What do you mean it was alright?!" Jiyeon's voice screamed loudly as her fast footsteps sounded heavy on the deck, "it's not alright!"