| 2.27 |

"Soomin, under the deck, now," Jay shortly yelled, punctuating each word as it left his mouth.

"Give me a sword! I can fight!" I desperately yelled back as I recognized the flag on the ship in the horizon. It was close enough for me to mentally confirm that it was in fact the Flottante.

It was.

"You go under the deck!" Jay almost screamed back.

I huffed in frustration and threw my hands in the air. I abruptly turned on my heel and marched towards the food depot, arms crossed over my chest. I sent one last glare towards Jay before letting myself disappear under the deck when I had entered the sleeping chamber.

Under the deck it was completely quiet. The yells and steps up on deck was completely muffled. It only echoed out in the empty sleeping chamber, assuring me that Jiyeon had gotten Lin to a hidden place when she had been ordered to by Jay.

I glanced around the darkness as I continued to hear yells and screams up above on deck, new and unknown voices among them. The Flottante had finally invaded us completely.

In dismay I looked around the dark room, finally deciding to continue down the hallway to try and find Jiyeon and Lin. I quietly let myself wander along the badly lit hallways of the ship under the deck. I quietly tapped a small rhythm against any door I passed until one eventually creaked open behind me after I had passed it. Abruptly I turned around and squinted towards the weak light emitting from it.

"Soomin," Jiyeon whispered and opened the door more, eagerly waving me towards her.

I didn't hesitate before quickly rushing over and into the room, closing the door after me and shoving a chair under the handle to keep it closed. I immediately halted in my steps as I noticed the room I was in. I had never really been in it or seen it in light, but I knew of its existence. On a small bed sat Lin in silence and Jiyeon kept rumaging through a small and old jewelry chest. On a hanging on the far wall hung an oil lamp on its lowest lighting option, and behind it a coat I recognized as the one Jungwon wore whenever it was cold at sea.

"The Flottante is here," I whispered and Jiyeon nodded, filling her palm with small different crystals.

"What does it mean?" Lin quietly questioned and grabbed her elbows, kneading them gently in the palms of her hands.

"That if we go out they'll take us onto their ship," Jiyeon quietly excused and Lin nodded quietly, rubbing one of her eyes, "itchy?"

"Yeah... sand's been coming out of it lately," Lin muttered casually and Jiyeon paused and glanced over towards me, her back stiffening up completely, "I think it's from our clothes, you've been having a problem with it as well, right?"

"Let me see," Jiyeon muttered and grabbed the oil lamp, kneeling down in front of Lin.

As she had grabbed the lamp I had noticed something heavy underneath Jungwon's coat. So while Jiyeon were occupied in looking into Lin's eye I had snuck over and looked under it. A sheath, and a sword in it. Must be an old one, because Jungwon had been carrying his own sword up on deck this morning. As if he knew something bad was going to happen.

I quietly grabbed the sword and inched my way back to the door. Watching as Lin was looking up towards the ceiling and Jiyeon kept on shining the lamp in her face.

"Jiyeon... close the door after me, alright?" I quietly called out and she quickly looked over shoulder.

She was about to yell out something when I had quickly moved the chair and rushed out on the dark hallway. Making sure to be as quiet as possible when I closed the door. On the other side I could hear Jiyeon quickly getting to her feet, but I made sure to disappear down the hallway quick enough for her to not catch me. I knew she couldn't run after me. She had to stay and make sure Lin wa alright.

I was panting slightly as I sped up down the hallway, grabbing a large chunk of my skirt in my hands. With quick footsteps I was soon back in the sleeping chamber. I'm pretty sure I even was soundless when I exited the sleep chamber and stepped out in the food depot. Immediately loud yells met me.

Above me, up on deck, there were sounds of sword hammering together, yells and screams for help at any point. I just couldn't decipher who was yelling what.

I quickly ran up the stairs and was met by the sight of all of the boys being out-manned by at least two swabbies from the Flottante. Even Sunoo was holding a sword, doing his utmost best in fighting off anyone who came near him. The other four boys did great, but Sunoo seemed to be struggling a bit. Meaning he was the one I ran towards.

He was surrounded by three swabbies from the other ship, making it easy for me to push through and stand back to back with him. Making him jump in his spot.

"Just me," I quickly yelled and he seemed to tense down once again, standing against my back as I looked towards the swabbie standing right across from me.

He had a sinister look on his face, but I didn't exactly let him faze me. As he charged towards me I somehow managed to fend off his attack, eagerly fighting him and the second swabbie off. The second swabbie switching between Sunoo and I, attemptnig to fight both of us at the same time.

Slowly, one by one, I could watch as each of the other boys managed to have swabbies falling around them. At some point Sunoo had even knocked a swabbie down and kicked him over towards Jake, who quickly took care of him for us.

"Soo..." Sunoo trailed off behind me as I noticed some of the other boys rushing over towards me.

"I got it," I muttered effectively advancing and making the swabbie continue to step backwards until he stumbled over a rope, Jungwon nonchalantly had pulled on to make it tense up and raise above the deck.

I sent Jungwon a small smile, as he just shrugged and leaned against the railing behind him. His arms crossing over his chest once I pointed the tip of my sword down towards the neck of the swabbie.

"I think that's fine," Sunghoon muttered and grabbed my shoulder gently, "his pride has been hurt enough."

"Misogynistic fucker," I murmured and pulled the sword away, letting it hang down along my side as Sunghoon gently tucked me away with him and up to Jay, "what?"

"You didn't follow orders, Jay's mad," Sunghoon excused quietly and left me beside Jay as he rushed to go help Sunoo and Jungwon tie up the crew of the Flottante. 

I sighed as I crossed my arms over my chest, dropping down the sword by my feet as I looked around. Watching as Jungwon ran down to get Lin and Jiyeon when Sunghoon was tying up the last crewmember of the Flottante.