| 2.6 |

In the morning we threw anchor behind some rocks of an island was also the morning that every crewmember was hustling and bustling about on deck. Even Lin was down from the crow's nest for the first day since she got on the ship. Even Sunoo seemed to be affected by the sudden business there was on the ship.

"Soomin you need to go down and get changed!" Jay called out and I looked over my shoulder and up at the helm to look for him, "now!"

"Change to what?" I questioned in confusion and frowned once I finally saw him standing beside the wheel.

"Another dress," he reminded and I looked down at myself, "you can't go on land in that and pretend to be a victim. Go down and get your old dress on... the one you boarded in."

"Ah..." I nodded slowly as he kept on just staring at me as if checking I was understanding what he said to me.

I kept on looking up at Jay as I started walking down towards the food depot, almost as if I was checking I had heard him correctly. He only let out a small laugh at me and shook his head as I started walking down the steps. I must've done it correctly then.

I quickly walked down into the sleeping chamber, picking up an oil lamp and continuing my trip down towards the dress room. On one of the drying racks in the dress room hung my old dress, the one I had worn when I boarded the ship. Beside it hung Lin's.

However, my dress was much more worned out, making it the obvious one to wear for the job. I quietly untied my skirt and slithered out of it. I could then spend a bit too long on putting on my stay, hooking up all the hooks in the front and then tightening it in the back. It had been a bit too long since I had put on my stay, judging by how difficult I found it to tie it properly.

Next was my petticoat. It had a small click button in the side and made it awfully easy to close it. Then came the pocket belt under the over skirt and lasty the hippad, that mostly looked like a sausage you tied around your waist to create a large difference between the hips and the waist. Of the petticoat, pockets and hippads was yet another skirt to be tied on, slits in the sides to give access to my pockets.

Lastly the actual dress part. I was lucky  my stomacher was sewn onto one side of my dress top, making it more like a jacket with a long flap from one side. I let out a small sigh as I buttoned up one side of my stomacher to the other, closing the top part of my dress before I reached over and grabbed my skirt. The skirt was closed by a button by the side of my waist and was ultimately covered by the waist flap on my dress top.

So much work just to get dressed. Then I preferred wearing my piratey clothes more. This seemed so heavy and bulky to get used to once again.

I picked up the oil lamp once again and rushed through the hallways and up towards the deck. Eager to inhale fresh air for a change.

"Well, bonjour Mademoiselle, do you happen to be a blind passenger?" Jay called out from the helm the moment I had reached the deck.

"Perhaps I do happen to be one," I called back in a posh accent, "tell me sir, where are we going?"

"Beyond the horizon and across the sea," he remarked and I let out a small laugh before rushing up to the helm, "you look like a believeable victim."

"Just wait till I get the dirty cloth and start my act the moment I get on land," I excused with a shrug, "I pride myself on being a great distraction by now."

"The best of the best," he nodded in agreement, "mess up your hair a bit more, make it look like you just escaped from us."

"Yes sir," I hummed and did a small salute to him, "I need to calm down my nerves a bit..."

I let out a small sigh before straightening my back more to be more comfortable in my stay. I had decided to wander about on deck to calm myself down before Jake finally had called me to the rowboat, waiting in his cloak, to row me into the harbour.