| 2.32 |

It was dark outside the windows of the Captain Quarter, as I sat in a chair and just looked out of them. Continously I attempted to make out the silhouette of the soft waves outside. I could hear their crashes against the sides of the ship, along with the whistling wind that created them. But I could barely even see the foam they left behind.

"Are you stilling sitting there?" Sunghoon's voice rung out emptily in the Captain Quarter once I heard the door open and close.

"Jiyeon must be able to do something," I murmured and bit down on my thumb nail. I could only hear a deep sigh behind me before Sunghoon stood in front of me and tilted my head upwards to look at him.

"Jiyeon has done everything she possibly could, and as much as it annoys you, it is killing her," Sunghoon reminded and I hummed quietly, "why this sudden dullness? Is it because we got rid of the bandage for good?"

"I don't know," I muttered and glanced away.

It seemed true enough that since Lin had gotten her eye bandages removed this morning I had sat in the same place, preferring silence over any other human interactions. There was something so haunting about the blank stare after Jiyeon had cleaned the eyes one last time. So empty eyes that looked at nothing in particular, it was oddly haunting.

"It's gonna be fine," Sunghoon reminded gently and ran a hand over my hair, "let's just get to bed."

"I want Sunoo and Lin off the ship," I admitted and finally turned my head to Sunghoon, who paused in his steps and hesitantly glanced at me, "a safe place. Not just some random island. I want them to be set off in a town or city where people can help them."

"I'm sure we can figure something out," Sunghoon immediately smiled gently. Dropping his belt beside his side of the bed, "Jay wants his bed back soon. Says I don't need it anymore."

"I'd beg to differ," I excused and Sunghoon chuckled in amusement, sending me a small glance as he stepped out of his boots.

"Come to bed, alright?" he questioned softly, "I'm sure all you need is just a good night's sleep."

"Maybe," I quietly agreed with a small nod.

I gave the dark sea one last look, catching the glimpse of sea foam one last time before I got up from my chair. First now noticing how sore my butt and back was. In a poor attempt to stretch out my back and get rid of the ache I heard a small crack from somewhere.

"Sounded like a twig snapping," Sunghoon remarked in amusement as I quietly walked over to my side of the bed and undid my belt easily.

"So?" I retorted and he let out a small laugh as he slowly sat down and got under the blankets.

"Just an observation," he excused and closed his eyes.

I glanced at him before simply slipping out of my shoes and skirt, my socks going as the last thing before I got under my blanket as well. A small sigh accidentally left my nostrils as I rubbed my face in my hands.

"Soomin?" Sunghoon's voice called out and I hummed quietly, dropping my hands down onto my stomach, "would you... would you mind if... I just want to hold you for the night."

I nodded quietly, moving over onto my side and immediately hugging onto Sunghoon. Despite being the one that mentioned the initiative, Sunghoon seemed quite surprised that I had just rolled over and latched onto him like that. His hands and arms hesitating before slowly wrapping around me in a secure grip.

"Thank you," he whispered as he hugged me closer and I had the possibility to nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck. A loud breath exhaling from him as he pressed his face against the top of my head as well. 

We laid in silence for a while, hugging each other closer and at some point also tangling over legs and blankets together. Somehow calming me down further and making my eyelids go heavier. It surely didn't help when he started rubbing small circles on my nape, soothing any tense muscle in the area.

"Love?" Sunghoon called out and I hummed quietly in return. Doing my absolute best to keep my eyes open as he would talk to me.

"What is it?" I murmured against his neck as I noticed the long silence that had followed his voice. 

"Nothing... I just wanted to check if you had fallen asleep yet," he admitted as I moved my arm across his torso to hug him closer, "you know I'm absolutely and utterly in love with you right?"

"I would hope so, considering I saved your life. Seems like the only proper pay back," I hummed in agreement, a small laugh escaping him and making his chest vibrate, "without me you'd be floating around in the water, won't you?"

"I would've moreso been a puddle underneath my hammock," he shook his head quietly.

"Still saved your life," I shrugged and he chuckled before just nodding in agreement.

"I remember... that one time in the lagoon," he quietly started and I had to fight against my eyelids once again, "when you dropped your earring... I think... no, I know. The way you handled everything and got me back to shore and casually started a fire. I think that's when my feelings really started to change."

"I'm quite resourceful," I nodded and he let out a small snort before sighing heavily.

"I never really hated you, you know that right?" he questioned and I shrugged.

"Had a hunch," I excused quietly.

"I often regret what I said and did in the time before I started to accept my feelings," he admitted and I nodded quietly.

"I'm really sorry Hoon, but I am so terribly tired," I admitted and lifted my head to look down at him.

"It's fine," he assured and gently pushed my head back down again, "just sleep. We can reminisce anytime. I just... I wanted to make sure you knew I didn't hate you at any point," he pointed out and I nodded quietly in return.

I let out a heavy breath before sniffing in his scent. Soft and salty from the sea. So comforting and calming.