| 31 |

By the time we had reached back out onto the beach, after I had gotten lost multiple times and Sunghoon had complained about my navigation skills, Sunghoon was breathing more heavily than me, despite me having carried most of his weight and the whole basket of fruits as well.

"Soomin, I'm fine," he insisted as I dropped him down on the sand and rushed around to grab any left over firewood from last night.

"Shut up," I hurriedly snapped and created a small hill of firewood near Sunghoon, "lay still, rest, and try to get warm."

I didn't think twice as I ripped off a part of my chemise, immediately cursing once I realized it was wet. I felt bad about having to do it, but the only remotely dry fabric we had left was my skirt, which had been draped over Sunghoon to keep him warm. 

I had no other choice but to rip off a small piece of fabric and use it to start the fire, the same as I had done yesterday. I kept on drilling a stick down onto the fabric on top of one of the logs, having to do it again and again and again.

"Soomin, stop!" Sunghoon's voice was loud for the first time in a while and I looked over at him with frantic eyes, "I am fine."

"No you're not," I immediately shook my head and continued to drill the stick into the log, "please, please, please."

"Soomin you are crying!" Sunghoon yelled and I just shook my head as I continued to drill the stick into the log, once the smallest spark had appeared I immediately blew lightly at it until the flame came and I shoved it into the bonfire.

I was up on my feet within seconds, pushing Sunghoon closer to the growing fire, grabbing my skirt and drying his hair as good as I possibly could while I kept a close eye on the fire, eventually just resorting to letting the skirt stay draped over Sunghoon's shoulders.

Somewhere in my frantic actions I must've lost my boots, I definitely fell over both of them when I had rushed to get a fig and a mango from the basket.

"Soomin please sit down," Sunghoon pleaded as I rushed over and pulled his dagger from his belt, "please."

"How are you feeling?" I immediately questioned as I straightened up and cut open the fig, checking if it was alright inside.

"I just need you to sit down," he urged and I glanced down at him, "please."

I hesitantly sat down beside him as I cut out small pieces of the fig and extended them to him, staying silent as he quietly accepted the fig from my hands.

"Are you still scared?" he questioned, voice slightly hoarse. I only shook my head, "no?"

"I think you're stupid," I shortly spoke and it went silent.

"I'm the stupid one?" he questioned in disbelief and I nodded, "you were the one who wanted to swim! You splashed water at me!"

"Move closer to the fire Sunghoon," I murmured and he immediately did as I asked, "are you feeling better?"

"I need to lay down," he murmured and threw the rest of the fig in the fire as he just laid down by the fire.

I watched him quietly, clutching his dagger and the mango tightly in my hands. I sniffled slightly as I brushed my damp hair out of my face and just looked at the fire in front of me.

I quickly cut the mango up in small boats and laid them by Sunghoon along with his dagger, before I wandered out to sit beside the rowboat we had taken into shore. I had accidentally sat down a bit too close to the edge of the water, and would every once in a while get a wet butt whenever a wave reached a bit longer up the shore than the previous one.