| 2.1 |

Four months later

It wasn't that we had less costumers than before in the bakery. It was just that Lin had surpassed me in the amount of breads she was selling. Lin knew it herself, and I could see it in the way she always looked at me before we went out to sell the bread. As if I was a small shard porcelain she pitied. 

Sunoo had noticed it too. He didn't say it, but he did put more loaves of bread into Lin's basket. Besides, she was always back in the bakery before I was anyways.

I understood the way my sales had gone down. I wasn't as cheerful as before, and the whole town just assumed it was because of what I had been through on the ship. They had all gotten the impression that I was kidnapped and what not. I think they felt bad for me, and therefore bought more bread from Lin. They weren't scared of me, but they pitied me and wanted to help in some way I suppose.

Once the last loaf of bread left my basket in the morning I dropped it down along my side and let it bounce against my skirt as I walked my way back towards the bakery. I didn't acknowledge anyone else on the street, but I knew they saw me - and they stared.

Just around the corner, where the bakery laid, was a small alleyway right before the harbour even was visible to me. 

"Come with me," a low voice spoke and a hand placed itself on my shoulder.

I was surprisingly calm, even to myself. I only just looked over at the person, clad in a black hood. That didn't exactly make it easy for me to identify them. Once the person noticed my calm attitude they casually grabbed my arm and pulled me into the alleyway.

"I have places to be, you know," I remarked as the person dragged me down the slim alleyway and just around the corner, where the only people who possibly could see me was the ones with a window out to the alleyway, "if you plan to kidnap me, then it isn't the first time that happens."

"You don't say," the person snorted and finally pulled back his hood.

"Jake?"

"Fancy meeting you like this," he remarked with a small chuckle, "now don't go chaining me to anything."

"Depends on whether or not you plan to actually kidnap me," I remarked and crossed my arms over my chest.

"No, but I do need you to come with me," he remarked and slowly a frown etched itself into my forehead, "you've seen the posters, haven't you? We're wanted."

"I know," I nodded quietly, a small uneasy feeling spreading in my stomach.

"They captured Sunghoon and Jiyeon when they went on land for food," Jake revealed and I blinked a few times in shock, "they thought the island was uninhabited. Guess they were wrong."

"And... why do you care?" I questioned slowly and he simply shrugged.

"I was more in favor of the Bloody Jack than the Flottante, last time we encountered each other on the seas," Jake shrugged, "I volunteered to be a swabbie for the Bloody Jack, but now that Jiyeon and Sunghoon is gone I'm Boatswain."

"And why do you need me?" I questioned in confusion yet again.

"Do you not care?" he arched a brow, "both of them will be executed if we don't hurry."

"I care, but what can I do?" I whispered, "I don't even know where they are."

"No... but you're a witness... and therefore a distraction," Jake remarked with a small smirk.

I sighed and bit down on my bottom lip as I glanced back down the alleyway, poking my head around the corner to check for our privacy. No one was in sight.

"I was trying to convince myself that all that happened on that ship was something I had dreamed," I quietly muttered and looked back at Jake, "you're making it worse."

"All you need to do is tell a long and elaborate story enough for us to sneak out Sunghoon and Jiyeon," Jake pleaded, "if not for Sunghoon then at least for Jiyeon."

I kept on just staring at him trying to figure out what I was gonna do. As Jake continued to just stare at me in anticipation I had to give in. I nodded silently and a small grin spread on his face.

"Pull your hood up, you're coming with me to the bakery."

Jake quickly pulled up his hood and rushed in my heels as I set my route back to the bakery. Casually walking out of the alleyway, not acknowledging Jake's presence behind me - despite me being able to hear his scurrying steps.

At the bakery I flung the door open and marched inside. Immediately grabbing the attention of Sunoo and Lin, who was cheerfully chatting about something. It seemed that I had ruined the mood - judging by how both their smiles immediately dropped.

"What now?" Sunoo murmured, "are you alright?"

"I need a smaller batch of bread for tonight," I sighed and Sunoo just stared at me in bewilderment.

"You got an order?" he questioned in shock.

"I am putting in an order," I excused as I heard the door close behind me.

"Hey... hi... hope the wedding went well," Jake awkwardly spoke from the door, pulling back his hood.

"Oh hell no," Sunoo shook his head, "get out!"

"Woah woah... hey, no," Jake quickly refused and within seconds Sunoo was marching over to force him out of the bakery.

"Out. Get out. We don't do your sorts here anymore," Sunoo shook his head and attempted to open the door to push Jake out.

"I'm not here to hurt anyone," Jake called out desperately trying to gently fight Sunoo off of him.

"I'm going with him willingly," I spoke up and abruptly Sunoo stopped and turned to look at me in disbelief, "he needs my help rescuing Sunghoon and Jiyeon."

"I told you to forget about him," Sunoo sternly spoke.

"If I don't help they'll execute Jiyeon, and you remember how much you liked her?" I questioned harshly.

"They can't execute her, she's just a kid," Lin murmured pleadingly as she looked over at Sunoo, "she helped us so much."

"You'll get killed in the process," Sunoo reminded me, when he finally managed to tear his eyes away from Lin.

"I do not care,"  I hissed, "you can't keep me all miserable here, just to protect me. If you don't let me go then I'm gonna run off, and you know that."

"You're not going alone," Sunoo murmured in a grumpy tone as he grabbed my basket and walked over towards the ovens.

"I am going!" I insisted.

"You are," Sunoo nodded as he started filling up the basket with newly baked loaves of bread, "but you're not going alone. I'm going with you."

"No you're not," I shook my head as he wandered over and shoved the basket of bread into Jake's hands.

"I am," Sunoo sneered as he stared at Jake.

"And what about Lin?" 

"She'll move back to her parents."

"No I'm not," Lin spoke up and crossed her arms over her chest, "I'll be going too."

"This is not up for discussion," Sunoo shook his head and walked back to her, quickly murmuring something down to her, which she clearly didn't agree with by how aggressively she was whispering back at him.

"We'll sail after dark falls," Jake spoke up, catching the attention of the two split lovers, "Down by the bay. I sail in small rowboat... we had to anchor the ship behind the cliffs surrounding the island. If you're gonna help then I'll sail by then."

"Do you still have the dress chest?" I questioned and Jake nodded casually.

"Jiyeon's captured, not dead," Jake assured, "even if that was the case Jungwon wouldn't let us burn those dresses for warmth... uhm... thank you for the bread."

With a small nod Jake left and I was left alone in the bakery with Sunoo and Lin who kept on discussing whether or not she would be following to the ship as well.