✦𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠✦

Start from the beginning

The smell felt distant, but Muichiro’s sixth sense, which is mist, tells him otherwise.

Apparently, the demon didn’t seem to know what Muichiro’s breathing style is. It doesn’t even know the dark mist has been giving Muichiro the upperhand for quite some time now.

The mist tells him, that the demon was nowhere near distant. In fact, it was near him, or might even be, next to him.

As Muichiro spun around, orange eyes filled with hatred met his, eyes that one’s soul cannot be found, with something written on it.

“Lower Moon 3.” Muichiro read the writing in the demon’s eyes, and immediately jumped backward before things escalate to his own death.

The demon still looked at him with hatred, growling hungrily, seeking for its revenge. But Muichiro couldn’t care less, as his one and only mission was to eliminate this demon.

The demon, who was supposedly strong, vanished in one slash. The anger was too much that it blinded him, that it made him indifferent.

As the demon dropped to the ground and slowly turned to ashes, he could see the change of his surroundings. The dark mist was slowly turning white, and the trees of the forest were slowly becoming visible.

As he turned around to walk off, he felt a pang in his heart. The demon’s position, crawling to wherever hell brings him, without a left arm. For some reason, it made him feel pain and anger. He couldn’t understand why, but the sight of that demon reminds him of something. Or of someone.

~~~~~

As he reached the demon slayer base, he immediately looked for Oyakata-sama to report and finish this day.

“Ah, Tokito, it’s great to see you well and alive.” Oyakata-sama greeted him as they made eye contact, Muichiro then formally bowed down and reported today’s mission.

~~~~~

As the day almost came to an end, he laid down on a big rock, and looked up the sky.

It was dark and murky, but the stars sparkled amidst that darkness.

Time slowly passed, Muichiro slowly drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~

The birds chirped and tweeted sweetly, before he laid awoke seconds ago.

His eyes slowly flicked open, seeing the sky first, then the ground. Yesterday's event became a blur in his mind, the death of lower moon 3 were not found and remembered in his thoughts again.

Slowly, he stood up, the thought of going somewhere was absent as his foot dragged him to wherever it wanted. His mind was somewhere else, anyway. Rather — someone.

It’s a very blurry vision, but his heart pains as he tries to remember what happened, and what he saw that night. It was as if a heavy burden that he has long forgotten, but is never supposed to forget.

As his mind wandered off, he halted; realizing he had step foot in Oyakata-sama’s estate. He turned all over around to look at his surroundings; it was full of trees, flowers, and such.

But then; a lady with (y/h/l) hair in a demon slayer corps uniform, appeared in his sight.

He stared at her for a few seconds, wondering who she is and what was she doing here, specifically in Oyakata-sama’s estate. He slowly approached her, curious of such a new presence.

“Ah, Tokito-kun. Such a great timing you have.” Just then, he halted once again and turned around, to see Oyakata-sama beautifully smiling at him.

“That girl you were looking at a while ago is our new (y/b/s) pillar. She has just been recruited today. Tokito-kun, would you mind assisting her to such new things upon her sight?” Oyakata-sama asked Muichiro for his consent and decision, while he thought about it over and over again.

“She’s a year older than you are.” Oyakata-sama suddenly said, and that was enough to pull him out of his long decision-making.

Muichiro glanced one more time your way, but this time, your back was not faced to him. Both your eyes met, and that was when his heart started to thump loudly. It was as if he was finally resurrected to life, like he was back from the dead.

It was a new feeling; indeed. For all his life, all he ever felt were, well, to be honest, nothing. He didn’t care about the world neither. He only cared about how peaceful the sky looked like. But now seeing you, he finally sees a different point in life. A more meaningful point, that is.

Slowly, you walked towards Muichiro as Oyakata-sama waved you to come. He simply smiled and said, “(Y/n)-san, this is Muichiro Tokito, and Tokito, this is (Y/n) (L/n).”

Having an eye contact with you even if it was just 2 seconds felt like eternity to Muichiro. His heart thumped loudly, and he could feel the warmness of his own. He just couldn’t take his eyes off of you — it all felt so unfamiliar, yet he was comfortable with it.

~~~~~

Days passed, you and Muichiro’s friendship had grown to be closer. Yet Muichiro can never forget that funny feeling.

That funny feeling when you smile and talk happily with him, not giving a care to whoever hears you.

That funny feeling when you make eye contact to each other, that would make his heart thump alive and face flush.

That funny feeling when he feels happy whenever the hashiras — mainly Mitsuri, call the both of your ‘friendship’ as “young love”.

That funny feeling when he feels uneasy whenever you’re not around, or when he doesn’t know where you are.

That funny feeling when he feels angry just by seeing the smallest scratch or wound on a part of you.

Love, they say. Muichiro never believed, but now, just by seeing you from a distance, he feels complete.

He feels as if he was finally alive. His soul burning through, his heart screaming of his well-being, his mind only concentrated on you, his feelings overflowing.

That funny feeling was driving him to madness. He would always visit you in your estate; he would always bring you delicious foods, he would always be there. Because now, he could never imagine a world without you.

You became his everything. Watching the stars with you tonight was the best thing he could ever experience. It was peaceful, especially with both your hands holding each other.