Chapter 72: Facing

Start from the beginning

It seemed logical, as an Alpha omega who was affecting even humans with his pheromones it was a given that a strong alpha like his father would be affected. He couldn't deny that it was a perfect plan if he put his emotions aside. It was difficult as Gulf was his mate who was heavily pregnant with his pup but at the end of the day, he had no desire to kill his father. Much less so on the order of his parents. "You can't be serious! He's pregnant with your child how can you even consider."

"He wants to do it. He is an alpha-omega he has the right to accept the challenge under the terms of the letter of challenge..." Mew sighed his alpha side growling at the impertinence of Singto to challenge his decision. He pushed it down knowing that Singto would never question him like this if he wasn't being driven by Gulf and his pheromones or at least he hoped so or this might be the shortest-lived pack in existence. "Gulf doesn't want to be treated as an object and my parents did a good job of that."

"I'm sure that they did but that is no reason for you to allow him." Singto growled moving forward and slamming his hands on his desk before he realized what he was doing and backed away with his face going a shade of off white and his head bowed in an apology.

"And here you are doing it as well." Gulf sighed coming into the room and rubbing his stomach slowly his face looking pinched and tired his hair wet and curling around his face and smelling of lavender and strangely toffee apples but that didn't surprise him much Gulf's new thing was toffee apples even though he had been told that his cravings should be fading away any time now. He held out his hands and Gulf came and filled them resting his back against his chest as he rubbed his stomach.

"Did you enjoy your bath?"

"Not as much as I would have if your son wasn't doing summersaults on my bladder. The sooner this is out of me the better. I'm the size of a cow now!" He pouted and Mew chuckled kissing his neck and shaking his head.

"No, you're not and even if you were, you would still be perfect to me." He purred trying to make up for the argument before he was made to sleep on the floor at the foot of their bed. Gulf grumbled a little more under his breath and then pulled out a sweet from his robe turning to Singto and saying.

"Aren't you taking this protecting me thing too far?"

"No. You're six months pregnant with my nephew and as your guard it is my duty to protect you." Singto growled back with more confidence than he was feeling if the ashen color to his skin was anything to go by. Gulf had had attacked more than one of the members of their pack recently his anger uncontrollable with the frustrations of being pregnant and not getting enough sleep and running to the toilet at regular intervals.

"Jay. I'm happy that you want to protect me. But right now. I want to protect my pack. Mew's father can't attack me. I'll be fine so stop worrying about me, okay? I refused to be treated like an object. And I'm sick of waiting for the Mew's to do something. So, let me do this. Okay?"

"Fine. But if this goes badly."

"It won't. I can do this."

**

The meeting was overly dramatic set in a clearing surrounded by towering, and ancient trees. It was a traditional spot for meetings of challenge and the rain that had started to fall completed the effect. Mew turned to his lover who was standing beside him looking calm and collected though his scent was that of fear.

It was as though he had finally realized that they were relaying on the myths of the Alpha-Omega and Mew was sure that he was going to throw up. He reached out and took his hand holding it close to him and Gulf turned and gave him a small smile which had no heart in it and Mew returned it with one of his own. There was no need to ask him if he still wanted to go along with this. His mate's mind was set, and he could feel the hum of determination that was radiating off him. There was a loud crack of thunder above them and the clearing was lit up with a flash of lightning. The rain paused for a moment and then came down with force splashing over their bodies and caused vast puddles on the ground.