Chapter 59: Taking

A/N: Third!

***

"My omega. May I ask you some questions?" Mew asked later that night when they were tucked up in bed together and Gulf's head was resting on his chest. They'd made slow love for almost an hour and now his whole body just wanted sleep, but he pushed that away to look at his alpha who had been thoughtful for most of the afternoon.

"Of course, you may, you don't need to ask." Gulf hummed pushing back a yawn as he forced his eyes to stay open. He half wished that he could ask Mew to ask his questions in the morning, but he was desperate to know the cause of the anxiety that he could feel flowing through the bond. Mew gave a light smile kissing his forehead and then his nose before his expression clouded and his jaw set in a thin scowl as he grumbled slowly.

"I do because I want to ask you questions about your time in the hospital with those doctors."

" What? Why?" Gulf hissed pulling away from him and almost falling out of the bed as he did so. He thought that they had come to an arrangement not to talk about the hospital and what had happened there. His mind was already swirling with the terrified memories of a child. Mew's hand darted out and cupped at his face grounding him in the present and he felt almost grateful until he remembered that it was his alpha that had caused it. Mew looked at him slowly and sadly before whispering.

"Because, my love, I think that it might have something to do with the pain you feel with your transformations."

"But that's because I don't transform so it hurts me." Gulf spluttered trying hard to keep his tears in check even though they were deciding to break through like a dam. Mew sighed again and then tugged him down into his chest his arms circling around him as he held him tightly against his chest so that he could hear almost nothing but the gentle pulse of his heart. He had gotten used to that sound today while he transformed, and he was near convinced that Mew would probably get him to calm down from anything with just the promise of that sound and he tried and failed to fight the calm that was circling him now like a warm blanket.

"I thought that it was." Mew breathed his rumbling voice cutting through the peace but not disturbing the clam "But it's not. Not completely at least. If you were a woken werewolf then I would say that that theory would fit but you are an Omega and as such your body should be made for this. A few changes and it should be as easy as when I do it but. Each time is still as painful as the last, ne?"

"Yes. If not more so." Gulf agreed despite telling himself not to and Mew's arms tightened around him as his hand trailed gently up and down his back.

"Your parents hated that you were a werewolf. They allowed those doctors to run all kinds of tests, is it possible that they were trying to find a way to stop the change altogether.?" The alpha asked and Gulf swallowed trying hard to search through his memories. It was hard and difficult as they were all punctured with fear and pain. He couldn't remember full conversations. the doctors had never talked directly to him anyway. They had always spoken about him as though he wasn't there or a Petri dish for them to run their experiments.

"I don't know. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Will you let me look through your memories.?"

"I don't want to relive them." Gulf mumbled and it wasn't completely unexpected, but Mew was quick to place a reassuring kiss on the corner of his lover's mouth his hand moved gently through his hair as he whispered.

"I understand and I think that we can do it in a way that means you won't have to. If you trust me, I can induce you into a dream where you only see nice things while I search your memories. It will only work if our bond is strong and you trust me."