Chapter 49: Introducing

A/N: I have some relatives from other country visit today and it was nice but...

***

"I can't do this. I can't. I feel sick." Gulf whispered almost frantically saying the words like a mantra. He had been saying this for most of the morning, but it had gotten much worse when they had left the safety of Mew's home compound and on the road to the royal hotel. The building looked more like a European medieval mansion than a hotel with grey walls and fancy looking stained glass windows. The carpets were all thick and rustled as they walked on them. Everything smelt of warm flowery spray and Gulf could tell that there were no other werewolves in the building but the humans that did work there were all deeply respectful bowing as they turned to look at them. "Can't we just go home?"

"I'm sorry, my little omega, we need to do this, but I promise that we'll be as quick as possible." Mew hummed reassuringly and Gulf groaned allowing the claim tones to wash over him and soothe him down the best that it could as he swallowed looking around at the rest of the pack that were trailing around behind him. They looked like a strange group, almost completely different from the way that they had been at breakfast that morning, then they had all been happy and smiling but now they all appeared to be grim with serious expressions on their faces. It felt as though they were going into battle, but he supposed that this was just the prelude, a declaration of war if the Mew's didn't agree with them. "Don't worry...I'll protect you, my omega."

"I know. But. I can't stop feeling scared." Gulf admitted curling ever further into the protective warmth of his lover's body enjoying the arm that came to rest around his shoulders. The room that they were led into was like a conference room and even before the doors opened Gulf could smell the scent of werewolves coming from inside the room. There were two alphas and nothing below a beta inside and he curled up against his lover his eyes closing for a moment or two before the doors opened and they walked inside.

The Mew's were sitting at the table with cups in front of them while their betas stood behind them all straightening out and looking mean when they saw them, though their eyes all widened when Singto and Namtarn came in last. It had been planned that way that morning and Gulf thought that he could understand way. Singto had pledged himself to Jongcheveevat's pack and as such it meant that his pack would be their allies if it came to an all-out war. From what Mew had said the Mew's had no such allies always preferring to be insular and allowing nobody above a beta to be near their pack. 

"Singto? Namtarn?" The older woman, who was clearly Mew's mother said in surprise as she saw them, her well-manicured eyebrow lifting his forehead "I wasn't expecting you."

"I have sworn myself to Jongcheveevat. My family stands with us." Singto said before guiding Namtarn to a chair and helping her down. The betas and gammas around them all made to stand behind him and Mew, but his alpha shook his head motioning for them to sit on the remaining chairs. From the expression on both the Mew's faces it was something strange for him to do but it only served to make him more convinced that his alpha was something special. Mew helped him into a chair and then took his hand in his staring at the Mew's.

"Gulf. This is my mother and father. Mother, father this is my Gulf."

Mew linked his fingers with Gulf's and rested their hands on the table. He could tell that each one of his actions was causing his parents to feel a lot of anger, but he couldn't bring himself to care. His eyes moved from his parents to the faces of their pack. He recognized his two other brothers and sister who were showing rather more emotion in their faces than he had been expecting. Most of it was fear but there was some confusing when they looked at Pluem, Kaew, Namtarn and Singto. There was also a lot of interest and almost hope in the eyes of his second eldest and his body appeared to be twitching as if he wanted to come over to them. Next to his brother was Fah and Mew almost growled shifting further to Gulf his moving to wrap around him.