Chapter 18: Having

A/N: I just finished work and I'm cooking at the moment, I'm cooking aloha chicken the Filipino version. It's just a whole chicken filled with carrots, potatoes, and some spices inside and fried until cooked. It was marinated with pineapple juice. And after it is fried or baked it will be submerge to the one I have used for the marinating process. You can also add some pineapples to add sweetness and voila, a dinner.

***

When Gulf opened his eyes again it wasn't Mew that was sitting beside him but his beta sister, Namtarn, she was humming a lullaby under her breath while sowing a delicate little rose onto a square piece of fabric. She seemed to be so engrossed in what she was doing that Gulf felt bad disturbing her, but his mouth was dry again and he was sure that if he moved, he would empty whatever was left in his stomach and he croaked softly.

"Namtarn."

"Am I already that old?" Namtarn laughed looking up from her sowing to look up at him her eyebrows wiggling around in her face as she reached over and placed a hand on his head. Gulf sighed at the cool fingers his eyes closing for a minute as he managed to ask for a glass of water which was promptly given before the better continued "How are you feeling? You're still a little warm. But you're looking healthier than earlier. "Sister" Mew told me to watch over you while he did some stuff."

"Hmm?" Gulf hummed finishing all that he could of the water and looking at the woman who promptly blushed, her cheeks going red faster than a traffic light before she let out a giggle placing the glass of water down and moving her sewing aside allowing Gulf to capture a glance of delicate stitches of birds and rabbits around a beautiful multi-colored stream. It was amazing and even more impressive when he saw that there was no pattern and it had to be coming out of the woman's own head.

"Ah, promise that you won't tell Mew I called him that?" She mumbled looking around nervously as if she was expecting Mew to appear out of nowhere and punish her for her slip of the tongue "I promised that I would stop since I got married."

"Um. I won't say anything..." Gulf promised his omega wanting to please his Alpha's sister. It was a truly unexpected feeling but something, the way that this woman had been entrusted with looking after him and Mew's pup, told him that this was somebody that his Alpha trusted and loved deeply meaning that it was somebody that he had to impress. Namtarn gave him a smile relaxing again as she played around with his bedsheets her shoulders rolling in a delicate shrug as she looked around the room again whispering.

"Thanks, I mean it's just a little joke between me and my brother. But probably not one that he would want me to tell his pregnant omega lover." Namtarn paused for a moment looking almost guilty her head bowing just a little as she brought her hands up in front of her face in a sort of prayer that appeared to be begging for forgiveness "Um. I'm sorry for blurting that out earlier. But Mew was panicking and I thought that it was best to let him know what was going on."

"I don't mind. I just wish I knew how I became pregnant. I thought that that was the only thing that I could control in my life. And now even that has gone." Gulf hated being bitter, his hands already going to his stomach apologizing to the pup inside that was not to blame, but he couldn't help it. Everything was rushing so quickly ahead and just dragging him along with it. 

"My brother isn't the worst alpha in the world you could have a pup with. He's not like other Alpha's." Namtarn hummed and Gulf shot her a skeptical look. There were times when he did sincerely believe that Mew might me different from other Alpha's but most of the time, he just seemed like every other alpha out there "He's really not! Should I tell you why I call him sister? If you promise not to tell anyone, including him, I'll tell you!"

**

Mew tried hard to keep a tight control on his emotions as he dialed his parents' number, but it was hard. His anger was uncontrollable though wondering how his parents dare to do what they had done. They were his parents, that was true, but he was an alpha and right now his dominance was feelings threatened. It was something that had happened a lot over the years but this time he wasn't going to let them get away with it. He had Gulf and his pup to think of.

A pup who could easily be aborted if Gulf became too upset or threatened. It was said to be a defense, a throw-back from when they were more like the wild creatures they could become, but Mew couldn't see how it was a defense when Omegas couldn't even function after losing their babies their hearts broken and their minds splintered. Most recovered after a while, but it could take a long time.

"Mew? What were you thinking, sending Fah away!" His mother shouted down the line her anger clear and Mew breathed out through his nose determined not to start shouting not wanting hi voice to carry to Gulf even if it wasn't possible.

"You sent Fah here even after I told you that I wasn't interested, you made her come when she was starting her heat." He growled happy when he heard the startled and surprised gasp from the other hand of the phone. His mother recovered rather quickly though saying.

"We thought that we could help. You're almost thirty without a mate. Even Namtarn is mated."

"I have a mate." Mew hummed his alpha wanting to go back to Gulf as soon as possible but his human side knowing that it wasn't going to be possible unless he managed to shock his mother. It wasn't the way that he wanted to tell her but there was little doubt that Fah would have told them about the omega that had thrown up all over her. "I didn't say anything because I thought that you wouldn't approve but after today, I don't care anymore. I have a mate and I would prefer it if you didn't send anymore would be mates around to my house..."

"Mew."

"Excuse me, I have to now deal with my mate and the upset that you are sending a beta wolf to my home might have done to our pup."

"Pup? You are having a pup? Mew, speak to me." His mother shouted in an ordering bark which might have worked on his beta siblings but would not work on him. He let out a laugh and slammed the phone down his alpha feeling triumphant that he had finally started to claw back both his independence and dominance from his overbearing alpha parents.

Straightening himself up he went to his studio first checking on his painting and using the time to calm his mind and his heart. He was excited and proud to know that he had managed to make Gulf pregnant but with things the way that they were he couldn't bring himself to be happy about it. Sighing he smoothed out his clothes and then headed back to the bungalow hoping that Gulf would be awake and able to talk.

*** to be continued ***

So, I am waiting for the chicken to be cooked and I'm in the kitchen table watching the episode 12 of Kiseki: Dear to Me, and it got be crying. When Ai Di said, "Don't make me a rebound. Just because you can't have the one you love."

It truly hurts you know, being just a rebound. It never happened to me but I saw my friends being a rebound and it was fine with them like they are loving questionable creatures. Like duh, you could do better but love is love. I guess.