Chapter 19: Agreeing

A/N: Just finish eating dinner. I had a simple pasta dish, nothing fancy. How about you? What are you eating at the moment?

Enjoy this update.

***

"My brother isn't the worst alpha in the world you could have a pup with. He's not liked any other Alpha's. He's not! Should I tell you why I call him sister? If you promise not to tell anyone, including him, I'll tell you!" Namtarn was saying to Gulf when he entered the bungalow and Mew froze knowing that he should stop her but deciding against it when he heard Gulf's whispered reply.

"Okay. Tell me."

"I was a runt. I'm a beta but I was small and sickly and my mother lost interest pretty easily." Namtarn said and Mew clenched his hands tightly together remembering that. It was normal for parents of weaker children to focus their attentions on the stronger children it sounded cruel but like the aborting of babies it was a throw-back to when they were much wilder creatures. He hadn't been able to understand it. from the moment he had seen his baby sister he had been captivated by her. Their siblings had gone alone with their parents not being cruel but mostly pushing Namtarn out of their pack "Mew didn't though." Namtarn continued as if she had been listening to his thoughts "Always he stood by me. Even when the other's called him sister. Because I was young, I didn't realize that they were teasing him, so I called him sister too. Mew didn't care when I did it, even though he was an alpha and complained when the others did it. Because of him I was able to stop being the runt. I'm even stronger than my sisters and brothers. Because of him. So, believe me when I say he isn't like other alphas."

"So, believe me when I say he isn't like other alphas." Namtarn finished and Gulf found that his Omega side was almost enraptured by the speech the beta had given in defense of the alpha that he had chosen knowing that no matter what his human side though his Omega side was right, his pup was going to be well taken care of even if Mew seemed completely unreliable as an alpha. His hand brushed over his stomach and his heart skipped a beat as he realized for probably the first time since waking up from his headache that he was carrying a pup. A living breathing pups. Okay it wouldn't be anything bigger than a peanut right now, but it was still his pup and from the sounds of it, his pup was going to have a worthy father. "Are you okay? You've gone a little pale."

"Pup. I'm having a pup. Me." He breathed his fingers moving in circles around his belly button over his t-shirt. He was more than still flat stomached but inside there was a pup. "Sorry. It's weird."

"It's normal. Or at least I think it might be normal, you're an un-bonded omega. Your hormones must be going crazy." Namtarn said soothingly and Gulf tried to smile as he was pushed carefully back into the bed with the quilt being draped over him again "You really won't tell sister what I told you right?"

"It wasn't really that embarrassing." Gulf mumbled knowing that that was probably the best way that he could admit to being touched by what Namtarn had said. The speech hadn't completely thawed his heart towards Mew and he probably wasn't going to turn into a puddle of goo when he saw him, but it had gone a long way into softening him... Maybe just a little. As if Namtarn could read his private thoughts, she gave him a smile and soothed down the sheets around him before whispering.

"It's not embarrassing for. But he thinks that I don't like it. The truth is though I'm proud of him. And the fact that I was the runt and my Singto still picked me."

"You're an impressive beta now." Gulf hummed with a sigh his headache finally seeming to leave him and he was embarrassed when his stomach let out a very hungry grumble. Namtarn chuckled her golden-brown eyes flashing with warmth as he stroked his forehead and then cheek.