Chapter 6: Living

A/N: Long time no update my loves, here I am dropping an update after almost a month of not updating. 🤎💙🤍

How are you all doing? I hope you are all fine. It is currently raining here and my cats are being fuzzy because of lightning and thunder. I hope you are safe wherever you are.

Enjoy this short chapter. I'll update maybe tomorrow evening since I still have work though it is Saturday tomorrow.

***
"Why do I have to live with you?" Gulf huffed pulling himself up from the bed and pulling on the clothes that left very little to the imagination.

"I'm agreeing to a lot, little omega, don't fight me on this one..."

Gulf pushed open the door to his shabby one-room apartment, ignoring the stares from the other occupants. Mew huffed, then emitted a deep burp that came out of his chest. His eyes glowed as he burrowed into Gulf's back, his chin sagging over his shoulder. His arms wrapped around Gulf's waist, and Gulf was suddenly overcome by the scent of the alpha in him. The Omega in him whimpered, and his body sagged in unwanted submission. Gulf cocked his head to one side, revealing his pulse point. He didn't want to be this way, but he chose to accept it, knowing that this was what Mew needed. He ran his hands up and down the alpha's arm as his whimpered became whines. He rubbed his face against the arm, trying to encourage the alpha to press his lips to his neck

"Wow. You're being so submissive now, right?" Mew laughed softly as he licked his tongue from his mouth and lapped at his pulse point. He pushed his way into the room, and Gulf began to whine again, her tail against his leg, urging him to forget anyone else in the room. "You shouldn't put out so much scent little omega. I can't stay and neither can you."

"Un. I. I. You want me to...Come now?" Gulf asked, his human side coming back, and Mew nodded, wrapping his arms around him before letting go and walking deeper into the room, running his fingers over the wood, picking up a thick dusting as he spoke. "Yes, I'm not going anywhere without you, so all you have to do is pack a bag with whatever you need right now, and we'll go to my place."

Gulf grunted, glancing around the room, knowing it would take less than ten minutes to stuff his entire life into a duffel bag. He had not actually moved into the apartment yet; it was just a small room far from the nearest alpha to shelter him from the heat. It had been twelve months since the day his parents decided they could make some money off his omega status; twelve and a half years now. "Yours? And you're not going to keep me a prisoner."

"I'm not I promise, you can do everything that we agreed on but we're never coming here again so you might as well gather your things so we can get going." Mew hummed and screwed up his nose as his eyes flicked around the room once more before focusing on his face.

Gulf almost wished he could argue just for the sake of arguing, but instead he simply nodded slowly. He went to get the rucksack he had used when they first moved in and hurriedly packed up his stuff. It took less time to pack than he had expected and soon he stood before Mew again.

"I'm ready. To go..." He mumbled slowly and Mew cocked an eyebrow looking him up and down and Gulf flushed as he realized that he hadn't changed out of his tattered clothes or the overcoat. "I should get changed."

"Yup. You really should. You can even do a little strip tease for me if you want."

Of course, he hadn't expected to be stripteased, so it came as no surprise when Gulf pushed him roughly back out onto the hall. The people in the surrounding rooms were soon at their doors, watching him warily, and he folded his arms across his chest, leaning against the door, tapping his foot on the plain and faded welcome carpet that matched the carpeting in front of all the other doors, suggesting that this was not a new addition to the building, but rather an attempt by the owner to make it more welcoming, and it was not working. The place was grim and smelled like urine and drugs, and his hackles rose just from the knowledge that either his omega had been living there for a long time, or his friend had allowed him to, and if the omega had been allowed to live there, then he was beginning to seriously question their friendship.

"Are you another little wolf?" The woman from across the hall giggled flashing her mouth gums before she hiccupped and swayed looking close to falling over and Jongcheveevat doubted it would be a sore loss if she did. "Wolf, wolf burning bright, in the forests of the night. What immortal hand or eye, could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

"That is Tiger, tiger." Mew was delighted to hear Gulf's footsteps approaching the door, eager to leave the building and not look back. As the door opened, he turned to observe Gulf, who was dressed in jeans and a tight-fitting t-shirt. The odor emanating from his clothing was almost musty, and it was difficult to discern his natural scent. He suspected it to be a deception used by some omegas to avoid detection, and he was eager to have the boy home with him so that he would not have to deal with it. His natural scent was overpowering, and he desired it to be free. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah."

"It's the wolf pup!" The old woman said loudly, and Jongcheveevat saw Gulf flush a little as he dipped his head with more respect than the woman deserved. "Are you going somewhere wolf pup?"

"Yes, Mrs. Ayathan, be careful that you don't hurt yourself on these stairs." Gulf said as he passed the woman, the bag he carried on his back seeming too big for his thin body. Ayathan laughed again, her body bobbing from side to side as he walked by, her order coming almost like a brewery rat's. Gulf caught his breath and walked past her, down the stairs, glad to be back in the open and able to breathe again.

"How the hell could you have lived there?" Jongcheuveevat held Gulf's hand and accompanied him out of the inferno of the apartment block, knowing that it would be a considerable period of time before he could breathe in Gulf's intoxicating aroma again. However, Gulf did not appear to be overly concerned, simply rolling his shoulders in a humming fashion.

"It was cheap, and the smell covered up."

"Your omega. You will never have to do that again from now on." Mew grumbled, but had to admit it was pretty smart. Any sensible werewolf wouldn't be trying to find their omega in a puddle of their own excrement that they'd just walked away from. He whispered bringing Gulf's wrist up to his nose and breathing in deep the scent of his skin dizzyingly beautiful "I want to smell you and only you."

*** to be continued ***

I'll make an update tomorrow after work. I hope you are all well. Your comments are all welcome, silent readers are all welcome. I am reading your comments and I am trying to reply on it as much as I can.

Just take you all!

ren💙