Chapter 28: Apologizing

A/N: Anyeong!

Dropping another update. Enjoy!

***

Mew himself answered the door to Vadee Sangngern, feeling almost afraid when she glared at him, her top lip curled in a threatening way that would normally be considered inappropriate for a gamma to do. Her eyes were flashing with a bright yellow indicating that under the surface she was humming with anger and only a step away from changing into her wolf.

Mew knew that her anger was justified, not once while he had been visiting had he told them about the pregnancy. He had been meaning to but by the time the Joss' had finished their tale about what the Kanawut's had put their son through there had been no time or real desire to tell them the awkward situation surround him and Gulf.

"Mrs. Sangngern, I want to apologize."

"I'm sure you do but right now all I want is to see my son? Where is he?" Vadee asked her voice as snappish as it had been when he had first entered the Joss home. Mew sighed lowering his head and motioning towards the house in the garden whispering.

"In bed..."

"Right, I need some raspberry leaf tea. Do you have any?"

"Um...I'm not sure." Mew shrugged honestly, the food just appeared in front of him and the money for the food left his bank account each day. He trusted the people who worked for him completely, not once had he ever needed to check the receipts or accounts. His answer seemed to irritate the Gamma wolf further.

"Well find out after you've taken me to my son."

"Yes, ma'am." Mew nodded leading her through the garden and into the bungalow. Gulf was curled up on the bed with his head on Joss' stomach and a cool cloth over his face. Mew wanted to attack the gamma, but he restrained himself telling his jealous Alpha that Joss was Gulf's brother and nothing more. "Gulf? I'm sorry to disturb you. But your mom is here." He whispered sitting down beside the pair and running his hand up and down his back. "Gulf?"

"Huh?" Gulf groaned moving the cloth away from his eyes and looking up at Vadee who went from fearsome gamma mother to sweet loving mama in an instant. Her face split into a sympathetic smile as she darted over the room and waved both Mew and Joss away. Mew very nearly growled at the woman but at the last most moment stopped himself when he caught the small smile that filtered over Gulf's face when the woman picked him up and hugged him into her chest.

"Raspberry leaf tea." She snapped as a reminder and with one last look at Gulf he hurried to do as the woman bid. Joss followed him giggling just a little as he needlessly tried to explain his mother's actions.

"Mom. She can be a pain. But I think it's because she worries so much about Gulf. He hasn't had an easy life."

"A fact that I'm slowly starting to see for myself." Mew sighed smiling at the overly friendly Gamma trying to reassure him "I don't care how your mother treats me as long as it helps Gulf and the pup."

"Hmm. You really care about Gulf, huh? More than just the fact that he's having your pup?"

"I had already made my arrangement with Gulf before I learned that he was having my pup...The baby is just a secondary blessing."

"Ah, I want to join your pack!" Joss hummed bouncing up and down and completely changing the flow of the conversation. Given that the gamma had a soft spot for Toptap and that Toptap worked for him Mew had known that it would more than likely come down to it, but he was still surprised.

"Don't you already have an alpha?"

"Nope! My parents weren't interested but Gulf is my brother and I want to help you look after him!"